liss
225 Posts
18 years, 3 months ago
they books that wear special to you mine was steala luna and charlets web and intrested to hear what they wear for you
If you love Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it copy this and make your signature!
    amr
    33 Posts
    18 years, 3 months ago
    I reasd Where the Red Fern grows several times. Add to the list Tales of a Fourth grade nothing, Super Fudge, Banicula, The lion -the witch-and the wordroab, and many books by Beverly Cleary. I just in the last 2 months re read where the red fern grows again.
      Toonhead83
      252 Posts
      18 years, 3 months ago
      I liked Green Eggs and Ham, Cat in the Hat, and The Elephant who Couldnt Forget. I told my mom to read that book ever night at bed time. Other books would be anything relating to arts and crafts.
        Derrick
        580 Posts
        18 years, 3 months ago
        Anything by Dr. Suess, all the Fudge books and the Sideways Stories from Wayside School series.
        WHAT?
          18 years, 3 months ago
          All the early books by Chris Van Allsburg.
          "What do people do all day" By Richard Scarry.
          Where the Sidewalk Ends.
            System
            79987 Posts
            18 years, 3 months ago
            Berenstein Bears
            Anything by Mercer Mayer
            Amelia Bedelia
            Ms. Peculiar
            Anything by Dr. Seuss (especially Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You?)
            Each Peach Pear Plum
            Wayside School Series

I could probably list a million books I loved as a child...I was a huge bookworm.
              liss
              225 Posts
              18 years, 3 months ago
              Mathematika
              Berenstein Bears
              Anything by Mercer Mayer
              Amelia Bedelia
              Ms. Peculiar
              Anything by Dr. Seuss (especially Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You?)
              Each Peach Pear Plum
              Wayside School Series

I could probably list a million books I loved as a child...I was a huge bookworm.

same hear im the biggest book worm and loved all of theses books along with most of the books listed above
              If you love Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it copy this and make your signature!
                System
                79987 Posts
                18 years, 3 months ago
                well i didn't read to much but i do remember having my mom read me The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. It was so good. Also another book i think some of you might have heard of, its called The Giving Tree. it was so sad. Also another favorite book was about pickles but i can't remember what its called.

"pickle feet and pickle hair..."

~Eagle
                  liss
                  225 Posts
                  18 years, 3 months ago
                  FreeFallingEagle
                  well i didn't read to much but i do remember having my mom read me The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. It was so good. Also another book i think some of you might have heard of, its called The Giving Tree. it was so sad. Also another favorite book was about pickles but i can't remember what its called.

~Eagle

ohh i rember that book the tree gives and gives untill nothings left that book made me cry :(
                    pikachulover
                    2944 Posts
                    18 years, 3 months ago
                    The American Girls
                    Sweet Valley Twins and Kids
                    Babysitters Club Little Sister
                    A birthday For Francess
                      brown_eyed1
                      1948 Posts
                      18 years, 3 months ago
                      FreeFallingEagle
                      Also another favorite book was about pickles but i can't remember what its called.

~Eagle

I can't believe someone remembers this book! I used to get these in the mail as a kid becuase my mom wanted to get my brother into reading. It was called "The Pickle Book". Also, other books I liked as a kid:

-The Children's Bible
                      -Peter Pan (the original by J.M. Barrie)
                      -Charlotte's Web
                      -Stuart Little
                      -The Trumpet of the Swan
                      -The Cricket in Times Square
                      -Freckle Juice
                      -Nothing's Fair in the Fifth Grade

I also went through this stage where I read (almost obsessively) a medical book with the most horrid pictures of abrasions, third-degree burns, and fractured limbs. I remember (very vividly) running up to my mother with the book and saying, "Look at THIS man, Mommy! He's bleeding like crazy!" And afterward my mother would freak out and say, "What's wrong with you? Don't you want to read something like Fairy Tales? Or books for children your age?" And I'd say, "No."

Ah....memories..... :lol:
                      Cookie!!! OM NOM NOM!
                        mr3urious
                        3356 Posts
                        18 years, 3 months ago
                        I loved the Robert Munsch books. My first-grade teacher had a whole basket full of 'em. My personal favorites include "Angela's Airplane," "Murmel, Murmel, Murmel," "Something Good," and "Love You Forever."

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -Kurt Cobain
                          System
                          79987 Posts
                          18 years, 3 months ago
                          mr3urious
                          I loved the Robert Munsch books. My first-grade teacher had a whole basket full of 'em. My personal favorites include "Angela's Airplane," "Murmel, Murmel, Murmel," "Something Good," and "Love You Forever."

Love You Forever is the most beautiful children's story I have ever read. I bought my own copy and I'm in my twenties. I had the privilege of going to one of his readings when I was a child and he is one of the most entertaining men ever. I also loved "David's Father", "I have to go!", "Mortimer", "The Paper Bag Princess", "50 Below Zero", "Thomas' Snowsuit" and "The Mud Puddle".
                            Seth_Koopa
                            363 Posts
                            18 years, 3 months ago
                            I never was much of a books person. But last Christmas I got all the eight Moomin novels and I still enjoy reading them. Bizarre but deep and uncannily real.
                              liss
                              225 Posts
                              18 years, 3 months ago
                              ohh i also rember i used to read this big family law book we had around are house i just liked it for some reason i kind of got ubsesed with it untill it got wet somehow
                                SSJ_Jup81
                                4806 Posts
                                18 years, 3 months ago
                                Beverly Cleary was practically my favorite author as a kid. I loved her books. My favorite series of books by her, was her Ramona ones, along with their spinoffs.

I also enjoyed books by Judy Blume since most of her stories dealt with real "girl"-like probs, or just serious probs in general that most can relate to in some way or form.

When older, I enjoyed the Fear Street books by R. L. Stine.
                                  System
                                  79987 Posts
                                  18 years, 3 months ago
                                  SSJ_Jup81
                                  Beverly Cleary was practically my favorite author as a kid. I loved her books. My favorite series of books by her, was her Ramona ones, along with their spinoffs.

I also enjoyed books by Judy Blume since most of her stories dealt with real "girl"-like probs, or just serious probs in general that most can relate to in some way or form.

Oh yeah...and Christopher Pike books were similar to R.L. Stine.
                                    SSJ_Jup81
                                    4806 Posts
                                    18 years, 3 months ago
                                    Mathematika
                                    SSJ_Jup81

Oh yeah...and Christopher Pike books were similar to R.L. Stine.
                                    Yeah, I love Christopher Pike! Two of my favs by him are Weekend and theo ther one, I can't recall the name right off. It was about this girl, who was with this "perfect guy", in her eyes, until she got pregnant. She and her bf left town, planning on getting an abortion, but it's like they never went through with it or somethign. They came back to town, just to find it completely empty, 'cept for a select few (who of which they new from their school). A few months earlier, or so, a fellow student of their's died, and apparently, all of these kids had some kind of connection to her. One character in that story, I was strongly attached to. The "nerd" of the group. Seems I always get drawn to the nerdy ones. I'll put the title of the book up later.
                                      kellylee84
                                      31 Posts
                                      18 years, 3 months ago
                                      Bialosky's special picnic
                                      Ramona series
                                      Sideways stories of Wayside School
                                      Henny Penny
                                      Garfield comics
                                      Babysitters Club & Little Sisters series
                                      Amelia Bedilia
                                      Berenstein Bears series
                                      Clifford series
                                      Curious George
                                      Goosebumps
                                      Heidi
                                      Charlotte's Web

Just a few of my favorites
                                      "The construction crew demands a new flavor or ice lollie. We're tired of cherry."
                                        18 years, 3 months ago
                                        When I was a little kid, I used to wait until I thought my parents were asleep, and get out a flashlight and read under the covers. Unfortunately many times they WEREN'T asleep and could hear me moving upstairs if they were in the kitchen, or they could be listening on the intercoms. So I would get up to creep across the room to get a book and a voice on the intercom would say, KATHERINE GO TO BED. Haha wow I remember how my parents used to hide my books and flashlights because A) They wanted me to go to sleep and B) They wanted me to stop running flashlight batteries down. I would always go downstairs and find them because I just COULDNT wait until the morning to finish my book.
                                        And yes now to show for it I have terrible eyes and I never go to bed before 1:00 basically, but thats life. =]

The books I read...
                                        Dr. Suess
                                        Amelia Bedilia
                                        Pippi Longstocking
                                        Goosebumps
                                        Charlotte's Web
                                        Babysitter's Club
                                        Berenstein Bears
                                        Boxcar Children
                                        The Ramona Books and anything by Beverly Cleary
                                        Judy Blume
                                        The Black Stallion Series
                                        The Thoroughbred Series
                                        Black Beauty
                                        Nancy Drew
                                        The Hardy Boys
                                        Mrs. Piggle Wiggle
                                        Babar
                                        Peter Rabbit
                                        Goodnight Moon
                                        Alexander and the No Good, Terrible, Horrible Day
                                        Lyle Lyle Crocadile
                                        Those learning book for kids
                                        Sonic The Hedgehog [hehe, brother's influence]
                                        Frog and Toad
                                        Clifford
                                        Aesop's Fables
                                        The Stinky Cheese and other Fairytales
                                        King of the Wind
                                        Where The Red Fern Grows
                                        Trumpet of the Swan
                                        Lad, a Dog
                                        A Wrinkle In Time
                                        Superfudge and others
                                        Sweet Valley
                                        Wayside
                                        Where The Sidewalk Ends
                                        A Pizza The Size of the Sun

and wow this list is so long and I could go on and on. I read SO much as a kid. We had this thing called Accelerated Reading, where you read a book and take a test on a computer...then for like every point or whatever you get a ticket...you get to put the ticket in a bucket and then get prizes. I would get like 500 tickets every drawing, and I think we had one every quarter. Everyone used to think it was crazy that I read so much. I still try to read two books a week if I can, but when you are in highschool you have like zero free time.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss