1 year ago
I Remember playing this Arcade game called "Space Defender" in the arcades back in early 1983.It was a 3D game with wireframe graphics like Battlezone or the Star Wars arcade game.The playing field was a rectangle that went way out with lines across the rectangle.You could go all across the playing field and saw the back of the spaceship was a 3D triangle looking spaceship.Spaceships and U.F.Os would come at you from the end of the screen.It would get closer and closer as they shot lasers at you.You had to shoot each ship down and you lost when you got hit or when they got past you.There was a generic UFO and other spaceships and one that looked like yours from the front facing.I saw the game at a couple arcades in the Sacramento and Davis and just the general Sacramento county area.The controller was a plane joystick and it allowed it to move around.
I saw the game till late 1983 in late December when I saw it one day and then the next day it was gone. I've been looking all over the internet for years and years and can't find anything.
I hope someone has any info about it then leave it in the comments.
    10 months, 29 days ago
    Somekidsonline
    I Remember playing this Arcade game called "Space Defender" in the arcades back in early 1983.It was a 3D game with wireframe graphics like Battlezone or the Star Wars arcade game.The playing field was a rectangle that went way out with lines across the rectangle.You could go all across the playing field and saw the back of the spaceship was a 3D triangle looking spaceship.Spaceships and U.F.Os would come at you from the end of the screen.It would get closer and closer as they shot lasers at you.You had to shoot each ship down and you lost when you got hit or when they got past you.There was a generic UFO and other spaceships and one that looked like yours from the front facing.I saw the game at a couple arcades in the Sacramento and Davis and just the general Sacramento county area.The controller was a plane joystick and it allowed it to move around.
    I saw the game till late 1983 in late December when I saw it one day and then the next day it was gone. I've been looking all over the internet for years and years and can't find anything.
    I hope someone has any info about it then leave it in the comments.

I know what you're talking about SomekidOnline,I Remember playing this game back in 1983 when I lived in Davis. There was a arcade there and Space Defender was one of the games there and I remember trying over and over to get further into the game. I was always trying to get further into the game than the last time. I remember after level 5 things got really hard and I never got pasted level 10. By the time January of 1984 came around it was gone. I had visited by Cousin in Roseville in late 83 and we went to an arcade near his house, and they had a space defender machine but by next Christmas it was gone. I doubt it ever left California since is from what you said and since I only ever saw it at Davis and Roseville it probably didn't go far.
    Crazy stuff man.
      An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss