oblivous
60 Posts
15 years ago
Is there any difference between Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for Sega Genesis?
    thecrow174
    9986 Posts
    15 years ago
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 has more fighters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Come have the time of YOUR life with me and the gang at Retro-daze.org.
      ImAllTheRage
      2009 Posts
      15 years ago
      UMK3 has a wider variety of characters, special moves, arenas, fatalities, etc. Unfortunately, most of the characters are filler (Rain and Noob Saibot), and the game just isn't as fun as basic MK3.

Still, my father and I spent years kicking each other's asses in UMK3. I regret teaching him Sub-Zero's freeze move.
        oblivous
        60 Posts
        15 years ago
        Thanks.
          System
          79987 Posts
          15 years ago
          The graphics for the Genesis versions of both games weren't that great; that's why I recommend the SNES versions instead.
            ImAllTheRage
            2009 Posts
            15 years ago
            sonic64
            The graphics for the Genesis versions of both games weren't that great; that's why I recommend the SNES versions instead.

That would be relevant if he hadn't specifically asked for information on the Genesis versions.
              SSJ_Jup81
              4806 Posts
              15 years ago
              ImAllTheRage
              UMK3 has a wider variety of characters, special moves, arenas, fatalities, etc. Unfortunately, most of the characters are filler (Rain and Noob Saibot), and the game just isn't as fun as basic MK3.
              *Loved Rain*
                sikkbones
                1262 Posts
                15 years ago
                does anyone have the DS version of UMK3?
                  ImAllTheRage
                  2009 Posts
                  15 years ago
                  SSJ_Jup81
                  ImAllTheRage
                  *Loved Rain*

Really? He didn't have any fatalities, and he only had one useful special love that could easily be spammed. Plus, he was purple, and I hate purple.
                    sikkbones
                    1262 Posts
                    15 years ago
                    whats a special Love?
                      Hazer_Synn
                      585 Posts
                      15 years ago
                      another Question is MK 3 ultimate any good on X box live? My lady wants it, but our arcade in the variety store in our apartment building has it.
                      http://violencevisceravixens.wordpress.com/
                        liukangx
                        3907 Posts
                        15 years ago
                        I have it, its alright but I got mad at how cheap they get the higher you get on the tower, Just like when I was a kid!

but its a good buy, they lower the price too

SSJ_Jup81
                          4806 Posts
                          15 years ago
                          ImAllTheRage
                          SSJ_Jup81
                          ImAllTheRage
                          *Loved Rain*

Really? He didn't have any fatalities, and he only had one useful special love that could easily be spammed. Plus, he was purple, and I hate purple.
                          Rain did have fatalities. Well, if I'm remembering right, he had that move where he'd send down a bunch of lightning bolts...unless that was added for Trilogy and I'm just mixing up both games, as I had both of them. That aside, I liked Rain because of his roundhouse. Shock, run up, roundhouse until opponent is dead. Helpful with the cheating computer. =P

Oh, and purple is my favorite color. :P
                            System
                            79987 Posts
                            15 years ago
                            I used to not like MK3 because of Raiden not being in the game. :/
                              fistoflegend
                              946 Posts
                              15 years ago
                              SSJ_Jup81
                              ImAllTheRage
                              SSJ_Jup81
                              ImAllTheRage
                              *Loved Rain*

Rain did have fatalities. Well, if I'm remembering right, he had that move where he'd send down a bunch of lightning bolts...unless that was added for Trilogy and I'm just mixing up both games, as I had both of them. That aside, I liked Rain because of his roundhouse. Shock, run up, roundhouse until opponent is dead. Helpful with the cheating computer. =P

Oh, and purple is my favorite color. :P

I think he just had a brutality for umk3. If I remember right the lightning bolts were added in trilogy.
                                Forgotten_sin
                                889 Posts
                                15 years ago
                                sonic64

You sure you're not mistaking it for MK 2? Cause i thought the Genesis ports of MK3 and UMK3 came out extremely well.

Check out my blog.
                                http://tooncrap.blogspot.com/
                                  jango52577
                                  2805 Posts
                                  15 years ago
                                  I honestly thought that Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 was better than Mortal Kombat 3 mostly because UMK3 had more characters including my favorite, Scorpion.
                                    System
                                    79987 Posts
                                    15 years ago
                                    Forgotten_sin
                                    sonic64

You sure you're not mistaking it for MK 2? Cause i thought the Genesis ports of MK3 and UMK3 came out extremely well.

The Genesis version of MKII had lousy graphics as well; not to mention the game's endings were not worth seeing. :P
                                      jango52577
                                      2805 Posts
                                      15 years ago
                                      The best Mortal Kombat on Sega Genesis is still the first one after all these years followed by UMK3 for sheer unadulterated MK action. Then, the best console Mortal Kombat game of the 90's overall was Mortal Kombat Trilogy on the PSX released in 1996.
                                        SSJ_Jup81
                                        4806 Posts
                                        15 years ago
                                        jango52577
                                        The best Mortal Kombat on Sega Genesis is still the first one after all these years followed by UMK3 for sheer unadulterated MK action. Then, the best console Mortal Kombat game of the 90's overall was Mortal Kombat Trilogy on the PSX released in 1996.
                                        What's wrong with the N64 version?
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss