Mental_Blade
123 Posts
18 years, 7 months ago
With me, It was the Child's Play movies of the early 90's and 80's. Those movies scared the crap out of me. One of my friends owned those dolls and I couldn't sleep or go in his room. I actually had to go home in fear. I don't fear him anymore. However, seeing a doll kill someone at the age of 8 can scar you for a good while. :(
    Mystie
    1132 Posts
    18 years, 7 months ago
    Yeah same here. I watched all those Child's Play and Nightmare on Elm St movies when I was in elementary school. But now I can't watch scary movies at ALL! And I'm still scared of the dark. :oops:
      Mental_Blade
      123 Posts
      18 years, 7 months ago
      Well, you have to find out sooner or later that nothing like that can really happen. I watched the movies a couple of weeks ago and laughed. There is no such thing as chucky or freddy or jason......what....who...who is there? OH MY GOD! HE, HE IS STABBING ME AND HE IS REAL! DAMN YOU CHUCKY!
        mikee_kid12
        640 Posts
        18 years, 7 months ago
        This may sound stupid, but for some reason, ALF scared the hell out of me. I could watch Alien movies and Childs Play with no real problem. Movies and shows that should have been scary for me just weren't. ALF in the show did not scare me, but my cousin had an stuffed ALF animal hanging in her room. You know how with some pictures, the persons eyes appear to follow you as you move? Well ALF's eyes did just that and I could not go into my cousins room for the life of me. I was scared shitless of that ALF doll. I guess it didn't help matters that my older neighbor friend took it down once and put ALf's mouth on my arm and he pinched me at the same time, I actually thought ALF bit me! :cry:
          System
          79987 Posts
          18 years, 7 months ago
          What scared me when I was little was "killer klowns from outer space." I rented it awhile ago and it was pathetically stupid, but i am still afraid of clowns.
            System
            79987 Posts
            18 years, 7 months ago
            Believe it or not the thing that scared me when i was a child was this commercial damn it was creepy it featured this woman in her home and you saw this shadow walking into her living room and as the woman entered the room she let out a scream as the audience had a clear glimpse of this evil looking scarecrow or something
            i know it doesn't sound that scary but beleve me it was but the only thing that bugs me is that i cant remember what the commercial was about
              mikee_kid12
              640 Posts
              18 years, 7 months ago
              Now that you mention it, Killer Klowns From Outer Space was scary. When I was a kid I remember the scene where the clowns with fangs pop out of the toilet like a jack in the box biting at this woman. That was scary then. But the movie really is stupid, the Chiodo brothers who made the movie think they should remake it.
                System
                79987 Posts
                18 years, 7 months ago
                The intro to The Incredible Hulk used to freak me out. I can remember watching it until Bill Bixby started changing the tire on his car and then running out of the room until I heard the Hulk roar at the end of the intro. Then I was fine..........
                  18 years, 7 months ago
                  The Pink elephant thing on Dumbo. Those simease cats in lady & the tramp.
                  Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
                    System
                    79987 Posts
                    18 years, 7 months ago
                    Michael Jackson's Thriller scared the shit out of me.
                    I was fine with the dancing and would even join in (lol) but we had the VHS of the making of Thriller and at the end of the mini-movie video where the dead folks are going back to the grave and break dancing, there is one man that walks into camera view and then turns around *shudders* Im 24 yrs old and still have to leave the room at that point in fear of having nightmares that night...Freak the hell out of me.

Funny enough "The Labyrinth" scared me too, only I was more concern the goblins were gonna come take my then baby sister...lol
                      18 years, 7 months ago
                      "Her head Don't come off!!!"

Those evil little pink creatures in Labyrinth unsettled me.... greatly.

j
                      Constructicon: "Nobody would follow an uncharasmatic bore like you!"

Rumble: "Nobody calls Soundwave un-chrasa-matic!"
                        retrocop
                        69 Posts
                        18 years, 7 months ago
                        What scared me most as a kid was the movie "Stephen King's IT" when I saw it I didn't sleep at all that night, I layed in bed shaking all night. Since that night I never saw clowns the sameway again.
                          System
                          79987 Posts
                          18 years, 7 months ago
                          I agree
                          Stephen King's It scared me heavily as well.
                            System
                            79987 Posts
                            18 years, 7 months ago
                            I suggest anyone read the book. It's very different from the movie, and it will scare you.
                              System
                              79987 Posts
                              18 years, 7 months ago
                              The low-budget 1982 Canadian horror flick Videodrome.

The scenes where James Woods' stomach opens up, or when the hand comes out of the TV ... that used to terrify me when I was little :shock:
                                System
                                79987 Posts
                                18 years, 7 months ago
                                I agree about Thriller and Stephen Kings IT (the book). Still can't watch Thriller and wouldn't even think about seeing IT after reading the book. But what really scared me when I was little was the movie Critters. I haven't been able to sit through a horror movie since. And I still don't like to see bits of hair around. <<shudder>>
                                  System
                                  79987 Posts
                                  18 years, 7 months ago
                                  I feel kinda dumb for posting this but, I could never watch the ending or "legends of the hidden tomb" when the kids ould have to run through that maze and if they got caught by the "tomb spirts" they would dissapear behind the wall. I was scared shitless of those guys...I always thought that the kids would dissapear forever and that no one would ever see them again. *shudder*
                                    Mental_Blade
                                    123 Posts
                                    18 years, 7 months ago
                                    Wow, I didn't think I would get this much input from you guys. I am with you guys on the "it" thing. He was one freaky costumer.
                                      System
                                      79987 Posts
                                      18 years, 7 months ago
                                      American Werewolf in London scared me for a long while as a kid.

My parents rented the video one night when I was about 6. Most of it didn't bother me, except for the one scene where all the werewolves break into the home dressed as Nazi storm troopers. I always had a fear of werewolves breaking down my door in the dead of night since then.

---Nation
                                        System
                                        79987 Posts
                                        18 years, 7 months ago
                                        oddly enough it kinda depends on the time frame. when i was like 6-9 the banshee on darby o gill and the little people scared the crap out of me, as i got older it was different things in a pretty progressive order... pretty funny as i look back on it now, i laugh at some of the things that scared me
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss