adm10
66 Posts
15 years, 10 months ago
Does anyone remember ICQ? I remember using this in Highschool and a little bit in college. It so different compared to todays instant messengers...you had a number instead of a name you made up.
Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here.
    Bomberman
    3299 Posts
    15 years, 10 months ago
    Yeah, it sucked. These days I just stick to AIM and MSN.
    Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
      adm10
      66 Posts
      15 years, 10 months ago
      I wonder if people still use it...
        15 years, 10 months ago
        People with the old boxy macs do i bet.
          SladeGarrison
          121 Posts
          15 years, 10 months ago
          I used to use it all the time back in middle school. Then I got into high school and put away such silly chat programs, well mostly because nobody used it.
            tonewinwy
            983 Posts
            15 years, 10 months ago
            adm10
            I wonder if people still use it...

People do still use it. I never have but my younger sister has.

This isn't retro by any means just a funny story that happened to my younger sister.

She was subbing at a High School in a little town (if you want to call it a town) for the last 9wks of this school yr. Well the students of course wanted to play around with her to break her in they locked her classroom door and removed the door knob from the inside of the classroom therefore trapping her in her room. This school doesn't even have phones in the classrooms and it was lunch time so it was going to be a little while before anyone comes to try to get in the room letting her out. So she got on her computer went to ICQ found a teacher down the hall on and asked him to please let her out of her room. My sister didn't make a big deal out of what the students did to her she just laughed it off lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol. So yeah some peeps still use ICQ.
            It's OK, next time I'll make you listen. I wish that it were in the power of all children to say that to their parents and to know that indeed they would be heard as we were in those wonderful days on Waltons Mountain.Narrator The Waltons (From the Runawa
              Bomberman
              3299 Posts
              15 years, 10 months ago
              Uhhh... wow. Is that legal?
              Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
                SSJ_Jup81
                4806 Posts
                15 years, 10 months ago
                I still have my ICQ number. I haven't bothered with it in years, though.
                  Alyssa_Branen
                  2220 Posts
                  15 years, 10 months ago
                  I LOVED ICQ! LOL "UH OH!" god those were the days..I remember making my own .wav files and putting them for each persons "online alert" when they got on.

Here is an even older one..anyone remember PowWow? I loved PowWow as well. I remember the chat request sound sounding like some old bird out in the jungle.
                  :)
                    RetroLulu1986
                    263 Posts
                    15 years, 10 months ago
                    I never used it.
                      adm10
                      66 Posts
                      15 years, 10 months ago
                      Alyssa_Branen
                      I LOVED ICQ! LOL "UH OH!" god those were the days..I remember making my own .wav files and putting them for each persons "online alert" when they got on.

Here is an even older one..anyone remember PowWow? I loved PowWow as well. I remember the chat request sound sounding like some old bird out in the jungle.

PowWow...never heard of that one
                        Joe_1979
                        36 Posts
                        15 years, 10 months ago
                        I used ICQ a long time ago when I used to hang out on Furcadia. They had a link to it on their page. Then we all switched to AIM, followed by MSN. These days I don't even use those programs, maybe because if my friends want me they can just text my cell.
                          Alyssa_Branen
                          2220 Posts
                          15 years, 10 months ago
                          adm10
                          Alyssa_Branen

PowWow...never heard of that one

http://jazy.net/powwow/

I dont think many used it

It looked like this:
                          http://www.prenhall.com/electronic_publishing/images/WWWEBNGN.DOC.fig_20.gif
                          :)
                            chrisno51
                            1574 Posts
                            15 years, 10 months ago
                            ICQ? Yeah, I have an account and it's on my computer, but I never really use it. ICQ stands for I Seek U :lol:
                              An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss