DcometK
3 Posts
15 years, 4 months ago
I need help to know the title of the comic.

It's about two guys in a mall doing stuff, then the place was bombarded with enemies from the Super Mario Bros. Mario comes to life and help the two guys/teenagers. At the end of the last comic panel, it was narrated, and place out side a mall(basically, the last panel shows a tower which the 2 guys were in)

Thank you for helping
    System
    79987 Posts
    15 years, 4 months ago
    Super Mario Land.

It's in the Greatest hits Nintendo comic system book. That's the first issue actually, there's another one (that I know of, there's most likely more) about a girl in an airplane that gets hijacked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Comics_System
      System
      79987 Posts
      15 years, 4 months ago
      Sorry for the double post, but some more info on the subject:

Game Boy was a four issue mini-series that was probably the oddest comic of them all. The premise is that here in the "real world" certain Game Boy units contain conduits to the world of video games. When a bitter employee shoplifts a Game Boy and accidentally summons Tatanga and his army of monsters from Super Mario Land, it's up to two scrappy young kids to find a way to bring Mario into the battle. Along the way both the shoplifter and the kids learn valuable life lessons about honesty and virtue.
        DcometK
        3 Posts
        15 years, 4 months ago
        I did some search of Super Mario Land, and found a picture of it, it happens to be your source. Thank you!
          15 years, 4 months ago
          Baloo
          Super Mario Land.

It's in the Greatest hits Nintendo comic system book. That's the first issue actually, there's another one (that I know of, there's most likely more) about a girl in an airplane that gets hijacked.

Call me crazy, but I think she was actually in a spaceship. I remember that she wasn't very good at video games and had to get help from her older sister in order to bring Mario into the real world. I distinctly remember a panel where Tatanga puts Mario in a space suit and casts him off into the blackness of space.

I also remember a series of Punch Out! comics. There was one storyline where Little Mac had to fight his way through the streets to earn a golden boxing glove. And another concerned his battle against Super Macho Man.

I used to have a hardcover book of Nintendo comics stories that included the teens fighting Mario villains in the mall, the disgruntled store employee unleashing Mario villains in our world, and the Punch Out! comics I mentioned, There may have been some Zelda comics too. I really wish I still had this book.
            9 years, 8 months ago
            Sounds like Mega Man: Upon a Star.
            Nickelodeoninthe90s's Signature Image
            I can't do it!
              PuccaFan66
              181 Posts
              2 years, 5 months ago
              I remembered looking through Nintendo Power (a magazine) and saw a Nintendo comic which has Ash Ketchum and (Ash's) Pikachu going to different cities and catching a lot of Pokemon. What was it called?
                Rhio2k
                685 Posts
                1 year, 9 months ago
                NeonNightrider
                Baloo
                Super Mario Land.

Call me crazy, but I think she was actually in a spaceship. I remember that she wasn't very good at video games and had to get help from her older sister in order to bring Mario into the real world. I distinctly remember a panel where Tatanga puts Mario in a space suit and casts him off into the blackness of space.

I also remember a series of Punch Out! comics. There was one storyline where Little Mac had to fight his way through the streets to earn a golden boxing glove. And another concerned his battle against Super Macho Man.

I used to have a hardcover book of Nintendo comics stories that included the teens fighting Mario villains in the mall, the disgruntled store employee unleashing Mario villains in our world, and the Punch Out! comics I mentioned, There may have been some Zelda comics too. I really wish I still had this book.

I had this too!! I remember Tatanga referring to the human antagonist as "Smirchermansmirch" because he stammeringly introduced himself as "Smirch...Herman Smirch".
                  An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss