chokeslam
45 Posts
13 years, 2 months ago
This is an argument that has come up recently due to an article written on a movie that came out in the year 2000. Just wondered what everybody thinks.
    ActionBastard
    1425 Posts
    13 years, 2 months ago
    2015(if were all still alive after 2012)
    Shit happens when You fart naked

Retro pimpin aint easy
      13 years, 2 months ago
      I was just thinking of writing one. I think it would be acceptable right now! It's not the 2000's anymore.
        System
        79987 Posts
        13 years, 2 months ago
        eGardensHahaha
        I was just thinking of writing one. I think it would be acceptable right now! It's not the 2000's anymore.

Doesn't matter. 15 years is the rule.
          CleverHans
          782 Posts
          13 years, 2 months ago
          Why come to a retro site if you want to talk about shit that happened a couple years ago?
            Mezase_Master
            7306 Posts
            13 years, 2 months ago
            I think it doesn't matter. If it feels retro to you, write about it.
            TMNT
            Movin` on up!! To the East side Blah blah Blah Movin on up Gaints lol.
              Riphard
              1283 Posts
              13 years, 2 months ago
              go to hell.
                Old_school_JJ
                1184 Posts
                13 years, 2 months ago
                Just write it and see it it's accpeted. It's not the end of the world if it's not.
                Old_school_JJ's Signature Image
                My tattoo....
                  bassman21
                  4618 Posts
                  13 years, 2 months ago
                  The year 2000? Go ahead a write it. If you are too worried the "2000" will turn people off put "filmed in late 1999". Many movies start production a year or more before they are released.
                    RetroxBunny
                    1987 Posts
                    12 years, 11 months ago
                    Riphard
                    go to hell.

LOL! That was quite random.
                    http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/obamadance.swf

ActionBastard
                    I collect Retro Junk action figures. I've got a limited edition DebrisStorm with karate chop action still in the box. I've also got a special edition vkimo that comes with a typewrit
                      mysticwryter
                      821 Posts
                      12 years, 11 months ago
                      Gotta go with 15 years. So....2015 would be it. You can find thousands of different stuff. Even though it may have came out in the 00's you may find something that came out in the 70s but was re-released in the 00's. If you keep with the past history of it, it should be able to work.
                      "I've lead you down the road to Nostalgia, now it's your turn"

"Pandamonium (PANDA!)"
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        12 years, 11 months ago
                        mysticwryter
                        Gotta go with 15 years. So....2015 would be it. You can find thousands of different stuff. Even though it may have came out in the 00's you may find something that came out in the 70s but was re-released in the 00's. If you keep with the past history of it, it should be able to work.

Plus back to the future 2 takes place in 2015 so thats when the old world and the new world officaly meet.
                          DTX180
                          37 Posts
                          12 years, 11 months ago
                          i disagree with the "universal 15 year rule". Some of this site has late 90s stuff, and 15 years ago from today was 1996....

Im gonna probably be called a youngun or something for this (im only 25....probably younger than the average member here), but id say anything before september 11th is fair game. That day felt like and end to an era for not just our old national security mentality, but for our culture too.
                            12 years, 11 months ago
                            I say we should just keep this site before the 2000's
                              12 years, 11 months ago
                              I think NEVER! Basically because the 2000's was when television (good television) basically went away. The commercials became crap and everything became CGI animated and computers and everything. I think that the 2000s should be left alone and forgotten about because nothing good came out of that decade.
                                minimaster58
                                409 Posts
                                12 years, 10 months ago
                                chrismaster1
                                I think NEVER! Basically because the 2000's was when television (good television) basically went away. The commercials became crap and everything became CGI animated and computers and everything. I think that the 2000s should be left alone and forgotten about because nothing good came out of that decade.

Yeah I agree, while I don't think adverts all magically became crap after the new decade there really isn't a noticeable difference between adverts of today and the noughties yet compared to the zany adverts of the 90's and 80's.
                                Always playing as Yoshi since 1995!
                                  Echidna64
                                  1356 Posts
                                  12 years, 9 months ago
                                  Paper Mario for N64 came out in 2001 :lol:
                                    Mezase_Master
                                    7306 Posts
                                    12 years, 9 months ago
                                    My opinion is that it's your opinion, and you can submit articles on whatever is retro to you whenever you want. Just don't be surprised when some douchebag on the site complains because it feels recent to them; retro is subjective and that should be respected.

And I now see that I already posted in this thread, but I'll re-iterate anyway.
                                    TMNT
                                    Movin` on up!! To the East side Blah blah Blah Movin on up Gaints lol.
                                      System
                                      79987 Posts
                                      12 years, 9 months ago
                                      Echidna64
                                      Paper Mario for N64 came out in 2001 :lol:

and yet someone uploaded the commercial here...
                                        12 years, 1 month ago
                                        If it came out in the year 2000, it was still very late 90's culture. IMO as long as the Twin Towers were standing it's retro.

Of course if you want to do a true 2000's article now, but you're article's going to end up at the back page.
                                        randomuser2349's Signature Image
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss