System
79987 Posts
13 years, 4 months ago
http://www.cracked.com/article_18896_10-mind-blowing-easter-eggs-hidden-in-famous-albums.html

This is a prime example of why I love Cracked.com. This article is fucking amazing.
    One_Louder
    725 Posts
    13 years, 4 months ago
    Pink Floyd were always into audio tricks and secret messages. Original copies of their Atom Heart Mother album ended with the sound of a dripping tap set on a locked groove, meaning you'd keep hearing the dripping tap till you got up and lifted the needle off the record.

Grantchester Meadows ended with the sound of a buzzing fly panning back and forth between the left and right channels which really messes with people listening with headphones.

The 8-track version of Pigs on the Wing had an added guitar solo that linked the two parts of the song together and accomodated the fact 8-track tapes play in a continous loop until they're removed from the tape deck.

Roger Waters hid a couple of secret messages on his solo albums, on Radio Kaos there's Morse code at the end of the final track, The Tide is Turning that reveals a verse cut from the lyrics.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/the-tide-is-turning-after-live-aid-lyrics-roger-waters.html

On Perfect Sense Part 1 off Amused to Death there's a backwards message referencing that Roger wanted the song to start with a sample from 2001 A Space Odyssey but Kubrick didn't allow it. Kubrick was having revenge because Pink Floyd turned down his request to use part of title track from Atom Heart Mother in A Clockwork Orange.
      ActionBastard
      1425 Posts
      13 years, 4 months ago
      that was a really cool article. there was some pretty creepy stuff on there. Very interesting.
      Shit happens when You fart naked

Retro pimpin aint easy
        System
        79987 Posts
        13 years, 4 months ago
        atticusfinch
        is there somewhere i can listen to the tool one? i couldn't really find anything that sounded like a whole new song.

They provided a link in there. I can find it when I get home. The computer at the shop sucks.
          System
          79987 Posts
          13 years, 4 months ago
          atticusfinch
          i can't play multiple videos at once on a phone :(

Oh, well, then there's your problem.
            System
            79987 Posts
            13 years, 4 months ago
            atticusfinch
            i don't even have a fone capable of playing movies. too fancy. it was for my friend butters.

Oh my phone blows ass too. Thats why I check those things on the computer.
              Wind_Adept
              1134 Posts
              13 years, 3 months ago
              That Aphex twin one is creepy :shock:
                GirlCrazy99
                392 Posts
                4 years, 3 months ago
                My copy of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch: The Album" (Geffen Records) had Sabrina's family secret of becoming a teenage witch (although she is portrayed by none other than Melissa Joan Hart) at the end of the CD
                Lisa Frank - You Gotta Have It!
                Pokemon - Gotta Catch 'Em All!
                  An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss