9 years, 10 months ago
I think the Angry Video Game Nerd talked about they were gonna make it, but I don't know if it ever got released.
Nickelodeoninthe90s's Signature Image
I can't do it!
    Venomn
    6 Posts
    9 years, 10 months ago
    they are making Ghostbusters 3 now
      9 years, 10 months ago
      Venomn
      they are making Ghostbusters 3 now

Oh. Is it in post-production?
      Nickelodeoninthe90s's Signature Image
      I can't do it!
        thecrow174
        9986 Posts
        9 years, 10 months ago
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Come have the time of YOUR life with me and the gang at Retro-daze.org.
          9 years, 10 months ago
          When a studio claims a movie like Ghostbusters 3 is "in production", that is really them saying they still own the rights and are looking into keeping it that way. Besides with Harold Ramis gone and Bill Murray not into the idea, I would much rather it not happen.
            jprc
            10 Posts
            9 years, 5 months ago
            I heard this movie will have a female cast as the ghostbusters instead of men.
              bklynbren
              1015 Posts
              9 years, 5 months ago
              That would suck, nothing against females, but that would suck. It's perfect they way it is, There's no need to make any changes.
                thecrow174
                9986 Posts
                9 years, 5 months ago
                thecrow174

At the time I posted this pic, I was doubtful. I didn't really think a new Ghostbusters film was coming.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Come have the time of YOUR life with me and the gang at Retro-daze.org.
                  jprc
                  10 Posts
                  9 years, 5 months ago
                  bklynbren
                  That would suck, nothing against females, but that would suck. It's perfect they way it is, There's no need to make any changes.

True.

Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy were casted I think, don't remember the other two.
                    bklynbren
                    1015 Posts
                    9 years, 5 months ago
                    I'll wait for this movie on cable, I'm not wasting a trip to the theater.
                      renhoek93
                      85 Posts
                      8 years, 9 months ago
                      Fuck this is gonna ruin it.
                        9 months ago
                        YES
                          9 months ago
                          YES
                            STHerbs97
                            8 Posts
                            6 months ago
                            avoiding the 2016 adaptation, 2021's Ghostbusters: Afterlife was produced exclusively for theaters as a comeback to the 80's franchise. The next installment is about to be ready as it goes into the Firehouse.
                              STHerbs97
                              8 Posts
                              1 month, 29 days ago
                              The next installment is about to be ready as it goes into the Firehouse.

Frozen Empire is about to be ready [3/21/24], since it had a world premiere at AMC Lincoln Square.
                                1 month ago
                                For quite a while the official line from Ramis and Aykroyd was that Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009) WAS Ghostbusters III. Now that he no longer has to sell the game and is instead trying to sell these new films I don't know if that's still Dan's line. The game was good though so it was fine by me. I haven't seen any of the new movies but it doesn't seem like it should interfere with each other as the game is set in 1991 so it might still be considered somewhat canon. There was also a book that tried to be Ghostbusters III called Ghostbusters: The Return but it wasn't that great and later on the game contradicted quite a bit of it so I'm guessing it's mostly forgotten.
                                  An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss