RetroBen81
713 Posts
14 years, 11 months ago
This forum may be made sticky if you want it to be.

To start off, what are your favorite quotes from all of your favorite movies?

From The Blues Brothers (1980):

Sister Mary (Kathleen Freeman): "You two are such a disappointing pair. I prayed so hard for you. It saddens and hurts me that the two young men who I raised to believe in the Ten Commandments have come back to me as two thieves, with filthy mouths and bad attitudes. Get out! And don't come back until you redeem yourselves."

Elwood (Dan Aykroyd): "We're on a mission from God."

Mrs. Murphy (Aretha Franklin): (to Jake and Elwood) "Don't you blaspheme in here, don't you blaspheme in here! This is my man and my restaurant, and you two are gonna just walk right out that door, without your dry white toast, without your four fried chickens, and without Matt 'Guitar' Murphy."
Matt: "Now wait a minute! I love you, but I'm the man and you're the woman and I'll make the decisions concerning my life."
Mrs. Murphy: "You better think about what you're saying. You better think about the consequences of your actions."

From Home Alone (1990):

Harry (Joe Pesci): (to Kevin, played by Macaulay Culkin) "Hi ya, pal! We've outsmarted you this time! Get over here!!"
Marv (Daniel Stern): "What are you going to do to him, Harry?"
Harry: "We're gonna do exactly what he did to us. We'll burn his head off with a blowtorch!"
Marv: "Or smash his face with an iron!"
Harry: "Or slap him right in the face with a paint can, maybe!"
Marv: "Or shove a nail through his foot!"
Harry: "First thing I'm going to do is bite off every one of his little fingers, one at a time ..."

~Ben
"I am such a purist for old information on anything '70s and '80s."
    Hazer_Synn
    585 Posts
    14 years, 11 months ago
    Otis - The Devils Rejects- " Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone."

Drayton Sawyer- Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2- " You have one choice, boy: sex or the saw. Sex is, well, nobody knows. But the saw, the saw is family. "

Dwight - Sin City "My warrior woman. My Valkyrie. You'll always be mine, always and never. Never. The Fire, baby. It'll burn us both. It'll kill us both. There's no place in this world for our kind of fire. Always and never. If I have to die for you tonight, I will."- that one reminds me of my ex girlfriend that I was with when I was separated last time...
    http://violencevisceravixens.wordpress.com/
      ImAllTheRage
      2009 Posts
      14 years, 11 months ago
      Platoon (1986):

Sgt. Barnes: Are you smoking this shit so's to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this shit. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is. Elias was full of shit. Elias was a crusader. Now, I got no fight... with any man who does what he's told. But when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one.

Red Dawn (1984):

The Colonel: You think you're tough for eating beans every day? There's half a million scarecrows in Denver who'd give anything for one mouthful of what you got. They've been under siege for about three months. They live on rats and sawdust bread and sometimes... on each other. At night, the pyres for the dead light up the sky. It's medieval.

Christmas Vacation (1989):

Clark: Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.
        LingLingo
        65 Posts
        14 years, 9 months ago
        King Arthur: (2004)

Gawain: "Tristan, how do you do that?"
        Tristan: "I aim for the middle."

and not to mention...

"RUS!"

love that stuff man.
          mickey12
          273 Posts
          14 years, 6 months ago
          From A Goofy Movie

Max: Dad, it's Big Foot!
          Goofy: Could you back up a bit, Mr. Foot, uh, you're out of focus.

Goofy: This is a vacation with me and my best buddy.
          Max: Donald Duck?
          Goofy: No, silly, with you!

From Back to The Futue II

Marty McFly: [Reading the newspaper from 2015] "Within two hours of his arrest, Martin McFly Jr. was tried, convicted and sentenced to fifteen years in the state penetentary."? Within two hours?
          Doc: The justice system works swiftly in the future now that they've abolished all lawyers

Marty McFly: The almanac. Son of a bitch stole my idea! He must have been listening when I- It's my fault! The whole thing is my fault. If I hadn't bought that damn book, none of this would have ever happened.
          Doc: Well, that's all in the past.
          Marty McFly: You mean the future.
          Doc: Whatever! It demonstrates precisely how time travel can be mis-used, and why the time machine must be destroyed, after we straighten all of this out.

From The Muppets Take Manhattan

advertisementBill the Frog: I'll pick up the bill today, Gil.
          Gil the Frog: Would you like something from the grill, Jill?
          Jill the Frog: No, meat makes me ill, Gil.

Kermit the Frog: Piggy? I thought Gonzo was going to play the minister.
          [Miss Piggy answers with a nervous, guilty laugh]

Janice: [to Gonzo] Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it IS "artistic."

Kermit the Frog: I'm staying! You hear that, New York? THE FROG IS STAYING!
            serudnick
            4 Posts
            14 years, 6 months ago
            butch cassiday and the sundance kid who are those guys ? why are they following us
              serudnick
              4 Posts
              14 years, 6 months ago
              goodbye columbus where is he going where is he going ? making a phone call in the closet
                14 years, 6 months ago
                First, looks like we got some serious Deadpool fans here on RetroJunk. Good to know the site has such capable people on it. Secondly:

The Usual Suspects:
                Verbal Kint: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

McManus: "Old McDonald had a farm, ee-i-ee-i-o. And on that farm he . . . shot some guys. Badda-boom-badda-bing-bang-boom."

Fenster: "And I had some guy's finger in my asshole."
                Hockney: "Is it Friday already?"
                Fenster: "Yeah lover-boy. You wanna piece? Jump in, I love ya. So who in the god-damn-piss-hell stole that fu**ing truck?"

The Birdcage:
                Albert: "Never mind about my feelings, never mind about my suffering, it's just about your show. Not even our show, your show. Well, I want a palimony agreement. And I want one now."
                Armand: "Well I don't have a palimony agreement on me right now, is tomorrow alright?"
                Albert: "Don't use that tone!"
                Armand: "What tone?"
                Albert: "That sarcastic, contemptuous tone that says, 'You know everything because you're a man, and I know nothing, because I'm a woman.'"
                Armand: "You're not a woman."
                Albert: "Oh . . . you bastard!"
                Agador: "Everybody take it easy!"
                Albert: "Whatever I am, he made me! I was so young once . . . young and full of hope. And now look at me! I'm a short, fat, insecure, middle-aged thing!"
                Armand: "I made you short?"

Tombstone:
                Doc Holliday: "I'm your huckleberry."

Saltychuck
                "I sure do hope that the paper boy stops turing into James Woods. That really bugs me."

[align=center]
                  14 years, 6 months ago
                  "It was beauty who killed the beast" -Carl Denham from King Kong
                    Mezase_Master
                    7306 Posts
                    14 years, 6 months ago
                    MezaseBlaster
                    "It was beauty who killed the beast" -Carl Denham from King Kong
                    Get banned troll.
                    TMNT
                    Movin` on up!! To the East side Blah blah Blah Movin on up Gaints lol.
                      liukangx
                      3907 Posts
                      14 years, 6 months ago
                      Do the perfect cast!

badfish
                        115 Posts
                        14 years, 6 months ago
                        Pulp Fiction:
                        pretty much everythig jules says in this movie is a memorable quote, but this is one of the best:

Jules: [Jules shoots the man on the couch] I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
                        Brett: What?
                        Jules: What country are you from?
                        Brett: What? What? Wh - ?
                        Jules: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?
                        Jules: English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
                        Brett: Yes! Yes!
                        Jules: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
                        Brett: Yes!
                        Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
                        Jules: Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!
                        Sense_of_Self
                        A spoonful of bullshit helps the medicine go down.

thabz
                          561 Posts
                          14 years, 4 months ago
                          "Every gun makes it own tune" - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
                          thabz's Signature Image
                          Something awesome goes here
                            areyouakegger
                            625 Posts
                            14 years, 4 months ago
                            Jamaica we have a bobsled team!
                            I can't think of anything worth putting as a signature.
                              eastervideoguy
                              1056 Posts
                              14 years, 4 months ago
                              No wonder you are extinct!!
                                Sense_of_Self
                                459 Posts
                                14 years, 3 months ago
                                Heavy Metal- Narrator: A shadow shall fall over the universe, and evil will grow in its path, and death will come from the skies.
                                  tbondrage99
                                  906 Posts
                                  14 years, 3 months ago
                                  "Be Good." -E.T.

http://www.moviefancentral.com/tbondrage99

My first article was posted on February 29th 2008 (Leap Year!!) :)
                                    Goofball
                                    108 Posts
                                    10 years, 4 months ago
                                    Two of my favorites are both from the Clint Eastwood film "Hang 'Em High."

"When you hang a man, you better look at him!"

And when Clint catches up with Bruce Dern (who was excellent as a western villain). Dern says "You'll never get to Ft. Grant alive." Clint's reply is "Then I'll get you there dead...boy!"
                                      thecrow174
                                      9986 Posts
                                      10 years, 4 months ago
                                      "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo." (The Godfather)
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Come have the time of YOUR life with me and the gang at Retro-daze.org.
                                        nicklawson
                                        12 Posts
                                        10 years, 2 months ago
                                        "Have you heard of Houdini? he could make an elephant disappear from a room filled with people, and you know how he did that? misdirection"

- What are you talking about?

"Misdirection. What the eyes see, and ears hear, the mind believe it"

John Travolta and Hugh Jackman, Swordfish.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss