Asiimov
33 Posts
3 years, 6 months ago
It's a battle between an American Dream Car vs. a Japanese Developed, American Built Economy Hatchback!

Who would win?

RetroJunk's Resident Catto
I Would've Joined 2015 but the forum was down!
    SchwinnGirl
    361 Posts
    3 years, 3 months ago
    I'd bet the Metro. Even though it has like 3 cylinders and is loaded full of Flanderses, I bet it's still lighter than The Homer, which I'm sure is bogged down by so much unnecessary crap that it barely moves.
    SchwinnGirl's Signature Image
      Asiimov
      33 Posts
      2 years, 10 months ago
      SchwinnGirl
      I'd bet the Metro. Even though it has like 3 cylinders and is loaded full of Flanderses, I bet it's still lighter than The Homer, which I'm sure is bogged down by so much unnecessary crap that it barely moves.

Could be, but then again... we don't exactly know what kind of engine is in "The Homer", it sticks out and has a fan at one end, but we don't see exactly how many cylinders it has.
      RetroJunk's Resident Catto
      I Would've Joined 2015 but the forum was down!
        SchwinnGirl
        361 Posts
        2 years, 7 months ago
        Asiimov
        Could be, but then again... we don't exactly know what kind of engine is in "The Homer", it sticks out and has a fan at one end, but we don't see exactly how many cylinders it has.

This is true! However, the car was a parody of Edsel, so using that as a template, let's choose the nicest model of Edsel, the Citation. So a 1958 Citation featured Ford 410 cu in (6.7 L) MEL V8, but weighed about 4,300 lbs. It had some oomph, but was clunky. Would pick the Homer as far as safety and solidity though, looks like a finned tank.
        SchwinnGirl's Signature Image
          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss