dg
473 Posts
17 years, 1 month ago
I was interested in finding out what the best games were and found this. They put together a quite good list apart from the top 10 which were bull crap because theres no way Pokémon Red/Green and Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge should be there.
Be good if they brought out a programme the 100 Greatest Video Games Im sure there would be debates because they normally put stuiped games which should never be in the list.

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/specials/100games/
    Borgem
    162 Posts
    17 years, 1 month ago
    I think "LeChuck's Revenge" deserves a place among the 100 greatest games. Maybe in the top 10 but definitely in the top 20.

"Wherever you are at sea or on land, you can't ever hide....From Largo Lagrande!"
    You know what they say: If you wanna save the world you gotta push a few old ladies down the stairs

17 years, 1 month ago
      This list really isn't that good. I know a lot of great video games that should have been on the list, and were left off. A lot of the sports games shouldn't have been on the list.
        ek
        426 Posts
        17 years, 1 month ago
        ya I didnt like the list either. Its missing alot.
          System
          79987 Posts
          17 years, 1 month ago
          Horrible list! A soccer game is in the top 10??? They're saying that a sports game is better then Super Mario Bros. 3, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, and other greats? And where is the original Legend of Zelda? Chrono Trigger? Secret of Mana? Final Fantasy III? ANY of the Mega Man games???
            17 years, 1 month ago
            Here is a better list of the top 100 games. It is on IGN.

http://top100.ign.com/2006/091-100.html
              dg
              473 Posts
              17 years, 1 month ago
              bamfingnightcrawler

Its a great list but I thought mine was better, it had some great Megadrive games in it but Zelda ocarina of time is top on yours which it should be because its a master piece. But so far both list are a bit disappointing because there's no way you can have a list with out the game chaos engine.
                mr-funky
                1620 Posts
                17 years, 1 month ago
                That list sucked...WindWaker? C'mon, it was a great game but not enough to be put on their...

was this list compiled by videogamers choice?
                  COOLHAND
                  2938 Posts
                  17 years, 1 month ago
                  If you are going on sales, Pokemon Red/Green is one of the most purchased games out their so I think it does deserve to be on the list
                    jwill03189
                    77 Posts
                    17 years, 1 month ago
                    bamfingnightcrawler

I felt like this list was much better than the original posted. I agreed with a lot of the games posted on the list and thier position. A couple of them kind of shocked me though. Conkers Bad Fur Day was WAY over rated. Don't misunderstand me, it was a fun game. But for it to beat out Zelda 1 AND Mario 1 isn't justice. I definitly liked the top 10 though. Gaming legends.
                    Loving the past, one show at a time :o
                      17 years ago
                      mrfunky
                      That list sucked...WindWaker? C'mon, it was a great game but not enough to be put on their...

was this list compiled by videogamers choice?

Wind Waker was on the list? That's embarrassing. Nintendo is my favorite game developer, and Zelda is my favorite series, but I didn't even think Wind Waker was good, let alone great or worthy of being mentioned as one of the top 100 games ever. The never ending sailing ruined the game and nearly ruined the series for me. Fortunately, they bounced back very nicely with Twilight Princess.
                        tigediane
                        331 Posts
                        17 years ago
                        I don't trust any list that's from the UK. Their poll results are just weird. The IGN list was a big improvement, but I still thought some games were deserving to be on that list.
                          PoopsMcGee
                          473 Posts
                          17 years ago
                          jwill03189
                          Conkers Bad Fur Day was WAY over rated. Don't misunderstand me, it was a fun game. But for it to beat out Zelda 1 AND Mario 1 isn't justice.

I don't think agree with you, Conkers is a great game, I don't think though that they should be compared becase one is NES and the other is N64. I mean Conkers has more to offer 'cause it is newer (than NES) but Conkers is a great game, I mean look at all the movies and such that it rips off. At the same time though, Zelda and Mario are amazing games, I mean best of the best, and they shouldn't be compared.
                            bhavok
                            192 Posts
                            17 years ago
                            To see Prince of Persia rank that low on the list, considering how long ago it was originally created, it's kind of sad.. Its a good game.. Also with the Original Super Mario, how a staple in video game history can rank that low, its mind-boggling.. Goldeneye does deserve to be in the top rankings, cause you could honestly play that game for hours on end without noticing that time went by.. I'm just sad to see that some of the Super Mario games didnt get enough credit where credit was due..

I mean Super Mario 3 should be higher cause well it introduced the Power Glove and as well as the game Super Mario 3 to us in a hollywood film.. " The Wizard " from 1989 with Fred Savage who went on to do one of the greatest " coming of age " shows ever, Wonder Years..
                            Billy Idol gets it, why doesn't she?
                              Cambion
                              335 Posts
                              17 years ago
                              I was shocked to see Samba De Amigo made it into the top 30 - I love that game, but I didn't think too many people liked it in America because the song list was mostly Latin tunes. I was also surprised that Final Fantasy VII and DDR did not rank in the top ten, considering how popular they are.

Glad to see Tetris was number one - a well-deserved title for an incredible game. I was, however, appalled that a bloody soccer game beat out Ocarina of Time.
                                jwill03189
                                77 Posts
                                17 years ago
                                PoopsMcGee
                                I don't think agree with you, Conkers is a great game, I don't think though that they should be compared becase one is NES and the other is N64. I mean Conkers has more to offer 'cause it is newer (than NES) but Conkers is a great game, I mean look at all the movies and such that it rips off. At the same time though, Zelda and Mario are amazing games, I mean best of the best, and they shouldn't be compared.

Heres the thing. Conkers BFD is entertaining at best. It didnt start any revolutions like Zelda or Mario did. Super Mario Brothers set the tone for how platform games should be made and set the path for numerous other games. Zelda did the same thing, setting the stage for many other great Zelda games and introducing one of the first save game functions. Conkers Bad Fur Day didnt influence any other game and it didnt set any standards. Yes, they are on different systems and I agree that it's hard to compare, but it still stands that it didnt set any standards the way Mario and Zelda did.
                                Loving the past, one show at a time :o
                                  An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss