Redyoshi
49 Posts
17 years ago
I don't know what it is but pretty much every game I ever played that's based on a TV show or movie always sucked.

I had Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures for the SNES and I liked the TV shows but both of those games sucked. The Aladdin video game also sucked as well as Goof Troop. I haven't played any N64 ones. I did have Harry Potter and the Sorceror Stone and Spongebob Squarepants Supersponge for the PS1 and both of those games sucked SO bad. I even used to have The Hobbit for PS2, that game was AWFUL. Not only did I have Spongebob Squarepants Supersponge for PS1 but I also had Spongebob Squarepants: Legend of the Golden Spatula and both of those games not only sucked but they were way too short, I could beat them in less than 2 hours. I also had Magical Mirror with Micky Mouse for Gamecube and it was WAY too childish for my tastes.

However there is a couple good ones. Kingdom Hearts games were really good games especially with different Disney characters but I guess the reason why it was so good is because it was made it was made by the people who made Final Fantasy. Harry Potter: Quidtitch World Cup was also quite decent.

But anyway, yeah. It seems like the people who makes the TV shows and Movies doesn't even know how to make good video games, they're only doing it for the money. It's just like how they make a TV show based on a video game, pretty much every one I've seen always sucked the only good one is Sonic X, that show was quite decent. But yeah does anyone know the main reason why video games based on TV shows have sucked so much?
    gustogummi
    2602 Posts
    16 years, 11 months ago
    Because the companies are looking to make money from that show/movie.

Games based off of TV shows and movies shall be put to an end.
      Ilikethepixies
      5870 Posts
      16 years, 11 months ago
      Yeah, it seems like most of them do suck pretty bad. I have to agree with gustogummi's opinion.

I thought the Tiny Toons and Animaniacs games were fun, so was Ahh! Real Mosters. Come to think of it, all three of these were basically the same game, just with different characters in place.

There were some good TMNT games too, now that I think back, and those were modeled after the cartoon.
        maquis
        596 Posts
        16 years, 11 months ago
        The Two that i think that really sucks was Air Wolf and Knight Rider for the NES. I really liked the tv shoes but the games sucked. The best movie to video game that I have ever played was Super Star Wars for the Snes
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 11 months ago
          There were a lot of good tv show based games.

Rescue Rangers - NES
          DuckTales - NES
          Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game - NES/Arcade
          Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose - SNES
          The Simpsons Arcade Game - Arcade
          Animaniacs - SNES
          Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time - SNES/Arcade

I had Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures for the SNES and I liked the TV shows but both of those games sucked. The Aladdin video game also sucked as well as Goof Troop.

I found all those games to be quite fun. The Genesis and SNES both had different Aladdin games, and they were both really good. Goof Troop was also enjoyable, especially with 2 players.
            mr-funky
            1620 Posts
            16 years, 11 months ago
            I always thought the Jurassic Park Games were pretty good...the first ones that is
              Kir0
              140 Posts
              16 years, 11 months ago
              I don't really remember playing most of them, but there was one I do remember. It was a Tiny Toons game where you could play basketball, or soccer, etc. For the Sega Genesis.

After a little research I found it; Tiny Toons Acme All Stars, another pic. My brother and I loved this game, it was so much fun. I'm in the mood to play it right now..sadly we don't have it. ;_;
                Copper20
                601 Posts
                16 years, 11 months ago
                Not all tv show video games suck; these don't

1. Aladdin (Genesis was the best version)
                2. TMNT
                3. Ducktales
                4. Simpsons Arcade Game
                  Redyoshi
                  49 Posts
                  16 years, 11 months ago
                  Copper20
                  Not all tv show video games suck; these don't

1. Aladdin (Genesis was the best version)
                  2. TMNT
                  3. Ducktales
                  4. Simpsons Arcade Game

I have Aladdin for SNES but didn't really like it, I never played the Genesis version though. The Simpsons Arcade video game was quite good, I never played the TMNT and Ducktales games though.
                    Snuffkin
                    41 Posts
                    16 years, 11 months ago
                    Major cartoon license + crappy game design = Massive sales

Major cartoon licence + decent game design = Massive sales

They just go for the easiest option, while foolhardy fans suffer. Movie/cartoon Cash-ins make me sick. Just stick to companies like Nintendo and Square-Enix and you'll get some quality for your money. :D
                      WARLORD1863
                      517 Posts
                      16 years, 11 months ago
                      Ducktales was one of the best games I ever played, and I had many fun hours with goof troop playing with my brother. TMNT had several great games. Ren and Stimpy provided great multiplayer action and crude humor. Gunsmoke was a pretty fun NES game.

I'm not sure if mickey mouse is considered TV, but some of my favorite games include Castle of Illusion and Quack Shots (donald duck).

I found more movie-based video games that sucked a lot more than tv-based (although there are exceptions).
                      You must enter a signature
                        jwill03189
                        77 Posts
                        16 years, 11 months ago
                        I liked most of the games that were mentioned on the thred :confused: . I think that the reverse is true. Cinema thats based off of Video Games are trash for the most part. Except for Red vs Blue :D .
                        Loving the past, one show at a time :o
                          mr-funky
                          1620 Posts
                          16 years, 11 months ago
                          Most movie games nowadays suck due to the fact that they try and release them near or around the time the movie comes out so they don't actually have time to make the game amazing...
                            16 years, 11 months ago
                            The TMNT games back in the day were outstanding, especially the Genesis/SNES ones. But yeah, outside of those I didn't find too many tv-based games I enjoyed.
                              jwill03189
                              77 Posts
                              16 years, 11 months ago
                              mrfunky
                              Most movie games nowadays suck due to the fact that they try and release them near or around the time the movie comes out so they don't actually have time to make the game amazing...

Word....such as Spiderman 3
                                COOLHAND
                                2938 Posts
                                16 years, 11 months ago
                                Although some games from tv shows were terrible, some were decent. the reason that some sucked so much though, was because they couldnt live up to their television show status
                                  Forgotten_sin
                                  889 Posts
                                  16 years, 11 months ago
                                  the simplest reason is to cash in on a franchise. however there are some good ones out there like:

all the disney afternoon games for the NES (Except talespin)
                                  Batman for the NES
                                  Aladdin for the genesis.
                                  and many others

Check out my blog.
                                  http://tooncrap.blogspot.com/
                                    Sideswipe
                                    53 Posts
                                    16 years, 11 months ago
                                    Gargoyles also had a pretty decent game. And some of the new ones are pretty good too. Spiderman 2 (PS2 version) is pretty good, same goes for Transformers Armada.
                                    I don't break the rules, i bend them...a lot!
                                      16 years, 11 months ago
                                      wasn't zelda a tv show?
                                      "I thought these planes outside were going to crash into my house. Then I thought they were going to blow up, but they just ended up flying away." -- Biscuit

→ [url="http://www.myspace.co
                                        jwill03189
                                        77 Posts
                                        16 years, 11 months ago
                                        Yes, a long time ago there was a Zelda Cartoon. They have episodes on youtube.com as well.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss