thecrow174
9986 Posts
14 years ago
Whenever you're having trouble in a video game, do walkthroughs always help you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Come have the time of YOUR life with me and the gang at Retro-daze.org.
    Captain_Howdy30
    2207 Posts
    14 years ago
    I remember downloading the Mynock's Guide to Final Fantasy VI so I could find all the secret shit in that game.
      Captain_Howdy30
      2207 Posts
      14 years ago
      Also Shining Force 2.
        Ilikethepixies
        5870 Posts
        14 years ago
        I've played 5 roleplaying games in my life:

Earthbound
        FF VII
        Chrono Trigger
        Fallout
        Fallout 2

I have used a walkthrough every single time.
          80skidAK
          701 Posts
          14 years ago
          These days I only use walkthroughs on games if I want to be really anal and finish with a 100% completion rating.
            14 years ago
            Walkthroughs helped me out quite a lot for the most part :)

however I try to finish the game without using the walkthrough, then use it the hell up afterwards.

or if I really get frustrated, I'll walkthrough the hell up
              MsEtCaHn
              267 Posts
              14 years ago
              I try to beat games without resorting to walkthroughs. But if there's a part where I die frequently or otherwise become frustrated, then I'll look up only that part from a walkthrough.
                System
                79987 Posts
                14 years ago
                Walkthroughs helped a lot with me! I tend to use them only on RPG's like in some puzzles that I can't figure out for the life of me, or mazes so I don't wander around aimlessly for hours which wastes time, or like on that one time when I was playin' Brain Lord ( some old SNES game ) and I couldn't figure out that stupid puzzle thing. Really helped.
                  Xe-A-Thoul
                  6031 Posts
                  14 years ago
                  I generally try to use Walkthroughs only when I'm really frustrated, like spending an hour or two on a stupid puzzle or gimmicky boss fight or something.
                  I must enter a signature.
                    gumbyman
                    2008 Posts
                    14 years ago
                    Sometimes i use walkthroughes sometimes i dont, it just depends on how much progress i have made in the game without the walkthrough until i will acually use the walkthrough.
                      Retrogamer
                      27 Posts
                      14 years ago
                      I used to heavily rely on walkthroughs to try to get the best of everything in the first try. It was reliable, but eventually, it made the gaming experience stale.

Nowadays, I challenge myself to play the games without having to look at walkthroughs and have an enjoyable time. Occasionally, I do take a peek once in a while to help get by. :lol:
                      The past is like one big abandoned desert, vast and empty. But sift through it enough, you'll find the greatest treasures forgotten by time. That's retrogaming!
                        Captain_Howdy30
                        2207 Posts
                        14 years ago
                        Ilikethepixies
                        I've played 5 roleplaying games in my life:

Earthbound
                        FF VII
                        Chrono Trigger
                        Fallout
                        Fallout 2

I have used a walkthrough every single time.

Those are all badass, but you should definitely check out Final Fantasy VI (Final Fantasy 3 in the US)
                        And maybe a game called Suikoden. They are far from gay and I don't even really like role-playing shit usually.
                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss