TheGreatShow
1084 Posts
13 years, 11 months ago
I dont know if anyone on here is a wrestling fan. Im a huge one. Yeah Im a wrestling mark. I dont watch it anymore since I dont have cable but I play the games. Havent played SVR 08 tho but Im happy to report that June 18th TNA Impact will be coming out for The 360...finally!! And even better is the company that is creating it has stated that in an interview that they want to make it work like the AKI Engine used in No Mercy. If thats true it should be awesome!!!
I Want An Emo Lawn So It Can Cut Itself
    System
    79987 Posts
    13 years, 11 months ago
    You know what funny about that? TNA is again using more talent that once worked for WWE.
      TheGreatShow
      1084 Posts
      13 years, 11 months ago
      DebrisStorm
      You know what funny about that? TNA is again using more talent that once worked for WWE.

That is true. Ive pretty much quit watching it in general but Id rather watch TNA. I usually watch my older dvds or stuff my friends give me.
        System
        79987 Posts
        13 years, 11 months ago
        Its background noise for me. If something better is on, I'll watch that.
          13 years, 11 months ago
          Imo, TNA sucks compared to WWE. Sting, Nash, Angle, Booker T, etc were all great back in the day, but they're washed up now. They've got some good young talent, but WWE has more. Orton, Edge, Kennedy, Carlito and Hardy are better than anybody right now on the TNA roster. TNA to me is like the new WCW, problem is, the guys who once made that company great have been slowed by age or injury.

I do think the TNA video game will be better though. Especially if what they say about using the AKI-style gameplay is true. THQ has forgotten how to make good WWE games.
            Shaqdaddy
            597 Posts
            13 years, 11 months ago
            oldschoolgamer-

i have to strongly disagree with a lot of the claims you made about TNA. while i personally like WWE better as well, it's unfair to say that TNA sucks. Angle is ABSOLUTELY NOT washed up, and is in fact leading the TNA brand quite well. he's in the prime of his career, and has recently had some excellent matches (see bound for glory 2007 among others) and will continue to have good matches.
            Aside from angle, Christian cage is head and shoulders above where he was in WWE, along with guys like tomko. they hardly ever got within sight of the main event in the WWE, and are now showing that they are excellent marquee guys. As far as overall talent goes, yeah WWE obviously has more, cause they have more booking spots and TV time for more guys. But you cant deny that TNA does have a lot of other great talent such as AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal, and almost the entire X division, something the WWE lost when they got rid of the cruiserweights for the most part. TNA isnt on WWE's level as far as recognition goes, but purely based on the in ring performances of each company, TNA has been better as of late, mostly because that is what the focus of their show is. I'll give you the fact that some washed up guys have showed up in TNA from WWE (scott hall, test, dustin rhodes/blackreign) but for the most part the guys who made the switch end up doing really well.

that rant aside though, i agree that the TNA game should be pretty good as well, and i'm looking forward to getting it.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein
              13 years, 11 months ago
              Angle isn't near as good as he used to be imo. I've caught some of his recent matches because I have some friends who like TNA so I was watching a little bit with them. I do like Samoa Joe and Christian Cage and I'd agree that what happened to Christian in WWE was a disgrace. Styles is good too. The rest of the roster, I really don't care for.

Most important though, TNA's divas are not as hot as the WWE's divas. :)
                Krayzee
                1032 Posts
                13 years, 11 months ago
                WWE was sooooo much better when it was WWF. I'm tired of watching it.

But, I saw the videos for the TNA game and I can NOT WAIT to get it.
                92 til Infinity
                  System
                  79987 Posts
                  13 years, 11 months ago
                  I stopped watching WWF after the Attitude Era. I used to love those games though - especially those made by THQ on the N64. I'll have to get back into wrestling...
                    arianit
                    302 Posts
                    13 years, 11 months ago
                    WWE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.... TNA

Let's get ready to rumble!
                      Shaunbadia
                      2395 Posts
                      13 years, 11 months ago
                      I was gonna start paying more attention to WWE again but since Cena came back on Sunday and won the Royal Rumble (Sorry to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet) I don't think I'll bother.

I hope Orton kicks his ass during their title match though.

13 years, 11 months ago
                        Hacks like Cena are the reason WWE isn't close to as awesome as it was during the "Attitude" era when all the top guys actually had talent. Cena is a joke. They should have Orton win at the next PPV, but they won't, they'll have that loser Cena win and he'll hold the belt until at least May 2009.
                          TheGreatShow
                          1084 Posts
                          13 years, 11 months ago
                          Yeah John Cena sucks. It was cool when he was rapping and actually being entertaining. And when I mean rapping I mean when he dissed his opponents. Not his actual music. In ring tho he is atrocious.
                            An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss