System
79987 Posts
13 years, 10 months ago
any glitches you guys have found in 2d and 3d games?
    mlw1984
    1435 Posts
    13 years, 10 months ago
    The Rocky and Bullwinkle game for the NES. The game would randomly freeze up and unpause again. There was also graphical glitches.
      13 years, 10 months ago
      Donkey Kong Country.
      In the first ruins level I jumped while holding a barrel and I threw it the moment I hit a wall. The barrel exploded and made the sound as if a hidden room had been discovered but there was only a shadow on the wall. Anyway, I rolled into the shadow and disappeared and had to reset the SNES because I was stuck behind the wall.
      I got stuck in the seaweed in the swimming level too.
      SuperRainCheck's Signature Image
        TurboDuo
        2086 Posts
        13 years, 10 months ago
        The only one I can think of right now is in Magic Knight Rayearth for the Sega Saturn. When you go to Polizu Village, there's so many sprites in the village that the game slows down when you're there.
        I want to be a dentist.

http://gamejunkie.com/
        YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/user/TurboDuo
          Bomberman
          3299 Posts
          13 years, 10 months ago
          I accidentally came across this glitch twice long before I even read about it:

Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
            COOLHAND
            2938 Posts
            13 years, 10 months ago
            hahs pokemon is fucked up. ive read about lots of glitches in it. missing no. that messed up level after the final four. and whatnot. but im not really a fan. in avp 2 for the computer i fell through the floor once and watched as the whole map flew up and i fell to nothing and died hahaha
              frostydude
              644 Posts
              13 years, 10 months ago
              socom one-three online
                System
                79987 Posts
                13 years, 10 months ago
                I don't know if I would consider it a glitch, but I remember exploiting the superjump trick in Megaman3? by taking the 2P Controller and old the B button down with something and press the jump button on the other controller. Anyone ever play with this trick? Think it may have just been leftover from debugging.

EDIT: I just thought of Cheetahmen II but I may exclude it considering the developers were a bunch of retards.
                  davidyck
                  129 Posts
                  13 years, 10 months ago
                  on the last zone of sonic 3 for the sega genisis there was a part where i just jumped up against a wall, and instead of falling down, i got stuck on the wall and sonic started running. there was no way to get out of this, so i had to reset the game, which sucked becouse i dident know to save it.
                    13 years, 10 months ago
                    In Sonic 2 for the Genesis, I was playing as Tails, and I got stuck inbetween a spring and the wall. I couldn't get out.
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      13 years, 10 months ago
                      i always liked the famous Double Dragon walk up the wall glitch.
                        Copper20
                        601 Posts
                        13 years, 10 months ago
                        Donkey Kong Country 2 Glitch

You go to castle crush and pick up the first dk barrel with Diddy. Then you go to the wall and drop it and hit Y quickly. You hold nothing. Throw the air. Weird things occur such as freezing the game which is most common. You can turn into weird things though.

But to be honest, please don't attempt that glitch unless you have a save file that you don't give a shit about.
                          System
                          79987 Posts
                          13 years, 10 months ago
                          I had The Getaway once but the game kept freezing during the loading screen to the second stage.

Fantasia on Megadrive. That game was just one giant glitch.
                            System
                            79987 Posts
                            13 years, 10 months ago
                            I don't know if this counts or not, but in STH3, after Angel Island Zone: Act 1 gets set on fire, when you reappear after playing a Special Stage, the music chances to Act 2's level theme. What is up with THAT?? :?
                              Predaking
                              920 Posts
                              13 years, 10 months ago
                              I remember getting unlimited lives in Super Mario Brothers by jumping on a koopa coming down steps multiple times. It was the first thing someone showed me and I was like Whooo!!!

Also, the glitches in Street Fighter 2. Where guile does a pose and also does something we called the handcuffs where someone would be stuck to guile and can't move.
                                System
                                79987 Posts
                                13 years, 10 months ago
                                Predaking
                                I remember getting unlimited lives in Super Mario Brothers by jumping on a koopa coming down steps multiple times. It was the first thing someone showed me and I was like Whooo!!!

I cannot do that, man! It's really hard for me to do that each time do! :o
                                  System
                                  79987 Posts
                                  13 years, 10 months ago
                                  one glitch i encountered recently was in super smash bros. melee, but i believe it may have been done already, even though i haven't seen any proof myself. i played as bowser in the adventure mode. on the very first stage, where the bridge is and a water pit under it, i did the spin jump over the water gap and i did the butt slam. i was stuck and couldn't move
                                    System
                                    79987 Posts
                                    13 years, 10 months ago
                                    The Game Gear version of "Sonic Spinball" is full of bad glitches! :P
                                      SSJ_Jup81
                                      4806 Posts
                                      13 years, 10 months ago
                                      Sonic Spinball is nothing but a glitch overall. =P j/k It was a fun game.

Hmm, only two glitches come to mind for me. The first one, I have no idea how I did it, but it was in the SNES version of The Lion King. I've done this maybe twice. In the first level, it's like if you roll a certain way at the beginning, then you have invincibility for the rest of the game, unless you get out (not from hits, but from stuff like...falling off a cliff).

The other glitch that used to drive me mad, is one from Ultimate Mortal Kombat III (SNES version). One character I really liked using was Rain since he had that roundhouse kick. I used to use his lightning move, which knocks the computer upwards. I'd then run over, and before the computer's player falls to the ground, I'd roundhouse and keep going. Unfortunately, if you keep that up, the game would freeze on you.
                                        System
                                        79987 Posts
                                        13 years, 10 months ago
                                        SSJ_Jup81
                                        Sonic Spinball is nothing but a glitch overall. =P j/k It was a fun game.

Have you beaten the Game Gear version before? Each time I try to, Sonic gets stuck on a wall in the last level of the game!
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss