blueluigi
3338 Posts
13 years, 10 months ago
Anybody watched this show when it was on. I thought it was an awesome show, I wish it didn't get cancelled so quick. After Maggie and the Furocious Beast came out, they took DKC off the air FOREVER. I wish someone would bring this show DVD because this was a great show.
    Xe-A-Thoul
    6031 Posts
    13 years, 10 months ago
    I did! That was back when FOX Family was the least bit watchable. Oh, how I miss the year 2000.

There was a day when they had a marathon of DKC, but we all went out that day. =(

Banana... Slamma!
    I must enter a signature.
      COOLHAND
      2938 Posts
      13 years, 10 months ago
      it was ok
        13 years, 10 months ago
        Crystal coconut...
        There was an episode about a curse of Kongo Bongo.
        SuperRainCheck's Signature Image
          Redyoshi
          49 Posts
          13 years, 10 months ago
          I hated this show. It was another bad idea of making a video game into a TV show. The songs were really horrible and I hated how they redesigned Candy. Bluster was a stupid character and Dixie was just annoying.
            Xe-A-Thoul
            6031 Posts
            13 years, 10 months ago
            Lucky for you, Dixie Kong didn't appear that much.

They oughta release this French-made CGI cartoon on DVD.
            I must enter a signature.
              Lottech96
              1274 Posts
              13 years, 10 months ago
              I agree with Redyoshi

. this show had a nice one day Hype. (I remember this from watching the Fox family debut) and Thinking wow! this is gonna be awesome. It came on and I thought it's ok then they break out into a musical....o_O
              uhhhhhh. WTH? that and the fact that we have the other charictors , One was that the Voice seemed wrong. Donkey sounded like a teenager just going through Puberty I was thinking more on the lines of using either Brad Garret or the guy who did Krumm's voice on Real Monsters. Also Diddy's voice was ok , using Michelango's voice. But I would've used something along the line of a Mickeyesque voice. Now the Charictors over all Cranky Kong was More of an Asshole on this one (as if him telling you at the end of DKC that he finished the Game in under an Hour and Finding all the secrets is any different?!) I don't know I was hoping for him to be more sarcastic but He just Came off as an Ass.
              And this is wht pissed me off the most. Candy Kong yes Candy Kong . I mean we see her in the game as DK's sweet heart and If I were an Age and had an Ape babe , that would be my dream choice! but no they had to go and Change her from a Ape babe in a One piece or a Mini Skirt to a Female Ape in some sort of aerobics leotard, with a Buzzcut?!? I mean She looked like Susan FREAKIN Powter!!! STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!! ahem. I just stopped watching after 2 episode this was just a bad Idea. From a Game that Kicked ass ( yet the series was going downhill)

They really didn't think this one out. and that's My 2 cents.
              Who Want's some BLOGna!!?
              http://spacemanmonster.blogspot.com/
              Did you know they'll make a game show out of..
              http://tmgsoo.blogspot.com/
                SSJ_Jup81
                4806 Posts
                13 years, 10 months ago
                I really liked this show. I hated the fact that it didn't get many episodes. I was hoping for more Kongs to show up, and to be honest, I liked Candy's design for the show than it was for the first Donkey Kong Country game. I was also looking forward to more Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong stuff.
                  Bomberman
                  3299 Posts
                  13 years, 10 months ago
                  Candy wasn't hot, though. :(
                  Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
                    TurboDuo
                    2086 Posts
                    13 years, 10 months ago
                    I don't know, I watched it a few times on Fox Family, but that was about it. I also didn't like the fact that they redesigned Candy. It was alright, but the only episodes I remember where the ones with the Crystal Coconut and one where Donkey Kong turns into a robot. I thought it was kinda annoying that they broke into song at the most random time, I mean, it was alright when they did it in the Mario cartoons, but I wanted to see more action in Donkey Kong Country. That's just my opinion on the show.
                    I want to be a dentist.

http://gamejunkie.com/
                    YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/user/TurboDuo
                      mlw1984
                      1435 Posts
                      13 years, 10 months ago
                      I only watched like a few episodes, couldn't get into it.
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        13 years, 10 months ago
                        I loved watching this show,man; it's cool! :D
                          rirotostichi
                          1841 Posts
                          13 years, 10 months ago
                          One DVD of Donkey Kong Country exists in the UK, but it is out of print. I have a copy, which I bought last week! It is one of the best fivers I've ever spent!
                          I SO enjoyed watching Donkey Kong Country first time around on Fox Kids when I was 10!
                          I think reruns of it are being shown on French digital TV channel Gulli.
                            guineapig64
                            591 Posts
                            13 years, 10 months ago
                            Yeah, I remember watching this show when I was 9 years old and I really liked the show.
                              System
                              79987 Posts
                              13 years, 10 months ago
                              Never saw it. Suprised they actually made a DK show.
                                blueluigi
                                3338 Posts
                                13 years, 10 months ago
                                I posted on the Shout Factory board a while back asking if they're gonna release Donkey Kong Country on DVD. They were already releasing Sam and Max Freelance Police which was another Nelvana show so I figured, why not release DKC? The response I got said that another company owns the rights to season 1. He could work on season 2 but it wouldn't be fair to have season 2 instead of season 1 so they sent the rights back to Nelvana. I don't know who owns the rights to DKC but I hope they release it on DVD. Heck, I hope they use it for something.
                                  System
                                  79987 Posts
                                  13 years, 10 months ago
                                  They could've marketed it as season 1....boo Shout. But you have to give shout credit, they've released almost every classic video game related show. SMB3, SMBSS 1 and 2, Captain N, etc.
                                    MicroMan
                                    674 Posts
                                    13 years, 10 months ago
                                    I have a VHS of it that I bought at Dollar General in a banana-yellow clamshell case. I don't know if they still sell them, I found it last year.
                                      blueluigi
                                      3338 Posts
                                      13 years, 10 months ago
                                      MicroMan
                                      I have a VHS of it that I bought at Dollar General in a banana-yellow clamshell case. I don't know if they still sell them, I found it last year.

That would be Legend of the Crystal Coconut and I have that movie.
                                        An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss