Nyeman
485 Posts
13 years, 10 months ago
well first no good games that the pc engine had.. then one port for a controller.. you had to buy a multitap to play 2 player lol! then the cords were like 12 inches long.... Then they would tone down the games.. I'm looking at you splatterhouse and jj and jeff(kato and ken on pcengine)
The pc engine had a good port of shinobi and we got keith courage... Lame system...what about a Supergrafx , equally lame...
    Xe-A-Thoul
    6031 Posts
    13 years, 10 months ago
    I dunno, the Valis games were cool.
    I must enter a signature.
      Bomberman
      3299 Posts
      13 years, 10 months ago
      Ooh, somebody's gonna be mad...
      Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
        Nyeman
        485 Posts
        13 years, 10 months ago

yay! mediocrity!
          TurboDuo
          2086 Posts
          13 years, 10 months ago
          Nyeman
          well first no good games that the pc engine had.. then one port for a controller.. you had to buy a multitap to play 2 player lol! then the cords were like 12 inches long.... Then they would tone down the games.. I'm looking at you splatterhouse and jj and jeff(kato and ken on pcengine)
          The pc engine had a good port of shinobi and we got keith courage... Lame system...what about a Supergrafx , equally lame...

Wow, and all of that was coming from someone who plays most of their games on emulators. :P I may not have a TurboDuo, but I just happen to know that there are plenty of great games like:

Bonk series
          Air "Zonk"
          Cosmic Fantasy 2
          Parasol Stars
          Bomberman '93
          Monster Lair
          The Dynastic Hero
          Gate of Thunder
          Lords of Thunder
          Cadash
          Devil's Crush
          Exile

And plenty of other awesome games. To top it all off, the Turbo-CD (Which was on the TurboDuo.) had better graphics and sound than the Sega CD. Hey, just because I don't own the consoles doesn't mean I can still defend them. :wink:

Air "Zonk" was the mascot for the TurboDuo.

*SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE*

EMULATION SUCKS.
          I want to be a dentist.

http://gamejunkie.com/
          YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/user/TurboDuo
            Nyeman
            485 Posts
            13 years, 10 months ago
            how have you played them games then?
              TurboDuo
              2086 Posts
              13 years, 10 months ago
              Nyeman
              how have you played them games then?

My friend has a TurboExpress, and I have a few Turbo games on my Wii.
              I want to be a dentist.

http://gamejunkie.com/
              YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/user/TurboDuo
                Nyeman
                485 Posts
                13 years, 10 months ago
                the turbo express is even worse.. the battery life is terrible not to mention the crappy screen... My friend had one before you were old enough to play it.. and i did have a turbografx and i did play a supergrafx and a turbo duo as well as the turbo cd that preceded it... and on the wii you're playing on a emulator!!!!!!!! Look for dead pixels in your screen ...
                  Xe-A-Thoul
                  6031 Posts
                  13 years, 10 months ago
                  People will hate you, Nyeman, if you're too sting-y.
                  I must enter a signature.
                    Nyeman
                    485 Posts
                    13 years, 10 months ago
                    I told you i LIKED the pc engine just not the turboduo... Fighting Street (Street Fighter 1) wasn't that good... Nec just didn't pick enough good games.. for every good one they would pick 5 pieces of trash.. Vigilante was pretty much arcade perfect though... My fav was Legendary Axe.. But to buy an extension cord to play at the distance nes controls would go was stupid as was the having to have a multitap to play 2 player.. And it's ok for some of these guys that never played the real system to get mad about something they don't know first hand?
                      Bomberman
                      3299 Posts
                      13 years, 10 months ago
                      Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Super Street Fighter II: Turbo on this console? I believe it was the only console (not handheld) port that wasn't just on some arcade compilation disc, aside from the Dreamcast Japan-only one. Besides, the only other two ports of it, which were the Game Boy Advance and Japanese Dreamcast ones, came out seven and five years later, respectively. The TurboGrafx port was the only one that came out while the game was new.
                      Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
                        Nyeman
                        485 Posts
                        13 years, 10 months ago
                        Actually I believe the one for the pc engine turbografx was regular turbo and the first console version of super turbo was 3DO.....
                          Bomberman
                          3299 Posts
                          13 years, 10 months ago
                          Nope, I know it was some form of the TurboGrafx, I just don't really know much about those systems. Fighting Street, Champion Edition*, and Super Turbo were the Street Fighter games released on that series of systems.

* = Japan only, due to some agreement Capcom made that Sega would be the only system where you could play as the boss characters, although this deal was quickly broken with the release of Hyper Fighting for the Super Nintendo.
                          Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
                            Nyeman
                            485 Posts
                            13 years, 10 months ago
                            where did you find this? maybe i am wrong.. I only played the fighting street and sf2ce on pc engine
                              Bomberman
                              3299 Posts
                              13 years, 10 months ago
                              Look it up, bub. Have you ever played Hyper Anniversary on the Xbox or Playstation 2? You can choose what kind of music style you want, and one is "Arranged". It contains remixes that, prior to this game, were only in the TurboGrafx Super Turbo port.
                              Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
                                Nyeman
                                485 Posts
                                13 years, 10 months ago
                                do you have a turbografx?
                                  Bomberman
                                  3299 Posts
                                  13 years, 10 months ago
                                  I wish. But trust me, I've done my research.
                                  Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
                                    Drakon
                                    3703 Posts
                                    13 years, 10 months ago
                                    Nyeman

I LOVED bonx. I didn't think it was a bad system, it's just everyone was playing NES so I never got exposed to one of these.
                                      Nyeman
                                      485 Posts
                                      13 years, 10 months ago
                                      yeah for every good game they had 5 crappy ones... And where oh where did you find Super street fighter 2 turbo on turbografx..? kinda impossible for a system that died before the snes got super street fighter 2 to have the update... lol! but give me the proof? cos I've played lots of games that you never will and I've played the REAL TURBODUO.... and it's double crap! so find the proof and shut me up ...till then...
                                        Drakon
                                        3703 Posts
                                        13 years, 10 months ago
                                        Nyeman
                                        yeah for every good game they had 5 crappy ones... And where oh where did you find Super street fighter 2 turbo on turbografx..? kinda impossible for a system that died before the snes got super street fighter 2 to have the update... lol! but give me the proof? cos I've played lots of games that you never will and I've played the REAL TURBODUO.... and it's double crap! so find the proof and shut me up ...till then...

didn't the NES have 5 crappy games for every good one as well? I hate most of the NES collection.

yeah I doubt super sf2 made it there the system was dead before that game came out.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss