Redyoshi
49 Posts
13 years, 9 months ago
Anybody play the Donkey Konga games for Gamecube. If so which game do you think is better. I own both Donkey Konga games and I like Donkey Konga 2 a lot better. I got Donkey Konga 2 before I got the first one and I really enjoyed it. After getting really bored with the same songs in Donkey Konga 2, I got the first Donkey Konga and after playing it, I found out that... the songs are a huge letdown. Yes the songs in the first Donkey Konga has the theme songs to the Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros, but most of the songs I listened to in Donkey Konga are really AWFUL. They have really bad songs like Diddy's Ditties and BINGO, yeah, that's right little kid songs in Donkey Konga 1. I mean seriously, are you kidding me? I'm sorry but I was really disappointed with the songs in Donkey Konga 1, the songs in Donkey Konga 2 are a lot better because they're sung by more rock bands and not stupid little kid songs. Is Donkey Konga 1 supposed to be for little kids, I guess so since they're so bad it makes me cringe, not only that but they really BUTCHERED the Legend of Zelda theme song. The only part of it that actually sounds like the Zelda theme song is the very beginning of the song and then it plays random notes that sound absolutly nothing like Zelda. I'm sticking with Donkey Konga 2 since they have better songs and not stupid little kid songs.
    scatt_nasty
    248 Posts
    13 years, 9 months ago
    what in the heck is donkey konga?
      scatt_nasty
      248 Posts
      13 years, 9 months ago
      oh wait. I might remember that , did it come with bongos?
        13 years, 9 months ago
        scatt_nasty
        oh wait. I might remember that , did it come with bongos?

Yeah. It was a Donkey Kong game that involved drumming and keeping a beat with the music.
          blueluigi
          3338 Posts
          13 years, 9 months ago
          I like the first Donkey Konga better. The songs to Donkey Konga 2 just doesn't really appeal to me that much, they're pretty much bad rock bands and hip-hop songs, not to mention Hilary Duff. Donkey Konga 1 includes The Legend of Zelda theme song, the original Pokemon cartoon theme, the theme song to Kirby Right Back At Ya, and of course the DK Rap (Smash Bros version). The little kid songs are pretty bad, I can't sit through Diddy's Ditties either but songs like Sing, Sing, Sing, Rock Lobster, and Stupid Cupid are part of what makes the game good. It's no Gutar Hero, but it's pretty fun to play.
            System
            79987 Posts
            13 years, 9 months ago
            scatt_nasty
            what in the heck is donkey konga?

You don't know?? It's a fun little music game on the Gamecube where you play using a special pair of bongos that you hook up to the system (or you can just use a regular controller, if you want). It's almost like the "Guitar Hero" series, and just as challenging and fun. 8)
              TurboDuo
              2086 Posts
              13 years, 9 months ago
              The Japanese versions are better, you get to play more Nintendo songs, not to mention some openings to different animes. There was a Donkey Konga 3, but it only came out in Japan. I heard that the songs in the European versions are different, like I heard that "Canned Heat" is in one of them. They were definitely great party games. :wink:
              I want to be a dentist.

http://gamejunkie.com/
              YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/user/TurboDuo
                blueluigi
                3338 Posts
                13 years, 9 months ago
                One of the best songs in Donkey Konga 1 was "Rock Lobster" it was a good song and fun to play on Donkey Konga.
                  Drakon
                  3703 Posts
                  13 years, 9 months ago
                  yeah well. It's hard to remix classic game music. Because it's classic for already being so good. I have a ps2 instead of a gamecube so I wound up with taiko no tatujin
                    13 years, 9 months ago
                    I picked Guitar Hero over Donkey Konga.
                      Dawg
                      484 Posts
                      13 years, 9 months ago
                      I liked Donkey Konga because it was a cheap addition for the Wii. I got a 2nd set of bongos for 5 bucks, the game w/ bongos for 15, and also the sequal for like 10 or 20 dollars. It was well worth it

I don't like how sensitive the mic is sometimes, as playing 2-players close together isn't cool... but the song choices were pretty good.

I kind of like Konga 2 better because it had more rock/modern tracks. Konga 1 had Queens 'we will rock you' and Rock Lobster, but also had some really retarded kiddie songs... which was just stupid.
                      This Space Is Reserved For My Signature...
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        13 years, 9 months ago
                        Dawg
                        I kind of like Konga 2 better because it had more rock/modern tracks. Konga 1 had Queens 'we will rock you' and Rock Lobster, but also had some really retarded kiddie songs... which was just stupid.

I liked the first one because it had more songs I'm familiar with (such as "Whip It", "On The Road Again", and "Rock This Town"); and also, there are remade versions of Nintendo songs, something that was never used in DK2.
                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss