Krayzee
1032 Posts
13 years, 9 months ago
You know them things that aren't really Nintendo consoles, but they play SNES and NES games...?

Do they really work?

I found one for $20 with the box and I'm about to buy it.
92 til Infinity
    jango52577
    2805 Posts
    13 years, 9 months ago
    Ugh! Looks like crap. Buy a Yobo Clone or another NES/SNES clone from http://store.videogamecentral.com/haac2.html
      Krayzee
      1032 Posts
      13 years, 9 months ago
      Man, I hoped it was good.
      92 til Infinity
        Drakon
        3703 Posts
        13 years, 9 months ago
        even yobo doesn't give the full 100% experience.
          jango52577
          2805 Posts
          13 years, 9 months ago
          Drakon
          even yobo doesn't give the full 100% experience.

Yeah, nothing will be good as the original, but eventually all the original consoles will sadly wear out. I'm planning on buying a GN Twin (Genesis/NES clone; Yay! I could finally try some NES classics!!) this summer to supplement my retro gaming hobby. My Genesis III is 11 years old and my Genesis II is 15 years old. It seems like the right thing to do to honor these aging systems. Just let them retire and be collector's items.
            System
            79987 Posts
            13 years, 9 months ago
            I've come across some of those two in one systems. They don't play every game you throw at them, maybe like 90% of the games are compatible. Also, the sound processor it uses for NES games is different than the original system...so sound effects sound somewhat different as does the way the music in NES games sound.
              System
              79987 Posts
              13 years, 9 months ago
              I have one that plays just NES games because I wanted to play SMB3 with the game being messed up.
                rirotostichi
                1841 Posts
                13 years, 9 months ago
                I would advise getting an authentic Nintendo instead of one of those psuedo Nintendos.
                If you already have a real Nintendo that doesn't work properly, get it fixed.
                  Krayzee
                  1032 Posts
                  13 years, 9 months ago
                  ^ Where...
                  92 til Infinity
                    cpd2007
                    22 Posts
                    13 years, 9 months ago
                    I have an FC Twin, and it works great. Mine is one of the more recent models (the ones with a "jewel" with the Yobo logo behind the cartridge slot), and the audio accuracy of the NES-on-a-chip is close to the real thing.

The Super NES side plays and sounds like a real Super NES. I hear that some games won't work because the FC Twin lacks a lockout chip, and some games try to detect one. I did write up an article giving an in depth review of the system, and it should be showing up here in the next few days.

I got my FC Twin at a place called "Last Stop CD Shop" in Sioux Falls, SD. They do sell clone systems there, and I wouldn't be surprised if the GN Twin or the Gen-X DualStation happened to be on sale the next time Im there.
                      Krayzee
                      1032 Posts
                      13 years, 9 months ago
                      ^ That's what I'm talking about!

Thanks.
                      92 til Infinity
                        Drakon
                        3703 Posts
                        13 years, 9 months ago
                        probably in the future emulation will take over since original hardware will disappear. If the clones used identical hardware then maybe that would be something to get excited about.
                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss