System
79987 Posts
13 years, 7 months ago
I've got 2 Genesis version 2's, one Genesis version 1, and a Sega CD add on for the genesis 2.

I've been in the market recently for a 32x, anyone have any advice on the 32x subject?
    System
    79987 Posts
    13 years, 7 months ago
    i had no idea about that damn extra wire... seriously... i had this game called tempo, and the bosses had special effect animations, so they couldn't be seen without the extra wire that was required for the 32x. i sold mine only after a year because mine never came with the wire
      System
      79987 Posts
      13 years, 7 months ago
      Was that the connector from the 32x to the Genesis? I've heard that is a rare cord to actually get when buying one.
        System
        79987 Posts
        13 years, 7 months ago
        i think so... but i'm not sure. i just knew it was a certain wire that made it so you could see the added graphics
          Drakon
          3703 Posts
          13 years, 7 months ago
          if you wanna be hardcore you also need a sega cd model 1 and a genesis 3
            System
            79987 Posts
            13 years, 7 months ago
            yeah... major suckage to the game genie once my parents bought the model 2... i was so baffled at why my gamegenie wouldn't work, and years later i find out why... grrr......
              System
              79987 Posts
              13 years, 7 months ago
              I read that "Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors" was originally to be released on the 32X, but it was canceled.
                System
                79987 Posts
                13 years, 7 months ago
                and a few more were to be on it too, but i forget what they were... the 32X was just as bad as the sega cd's sales...
                  Drakon
                  3703 Posts
                  13 years, 7 months ago
                  Benjanime
                  and a few more were to be on it too, but i forget what they were... the 32X was just as bad as the sega cd's sales...

sega cd: Units sold 6,000,000[1]

32x: Units sold 200,000[2]

or are you talking about the games for the systems?
                    figment1988
                    110 Posts
                    13 years, 7 months ago
                    another thing you must take into advisement is that the 32X requires its own power supply, even worse is that the plug is one of the big square things. as for games, i would suggest Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing Deluxe, and Knuckles Chaotix.
                    "Go forth time travelers, and remember your future is what you make it!" -Emmett L. Brown from Back to the Future: The Ride

R.I.P.
                    Back to the Future: The Ride
                    (May 2, 1991 - March 30, 2007)
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      13 years, 7 months ago
                      Drakon
                      Benjanime

O.O i didn't know that they were that good, but i heard the games didn't do too good at sales
                        funguy10
                        769 Posts
                        13 years, 7 months ago
                        figment1988
                        another thing you must take into advisement is that the 32X requires its own power supply, even worse is that the plug is one of the big square things. as for games, i would suggest Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing Deluxe, and Knuckles Chaotix.

Oh, The Angry Video Game Nerd hates those! Not to mention just having it hooked in to the cartridge slot is not enough! There is a separate data cable to hook up to the back of the Genesis and the 32x.
                          Drakon
                          3703 Posts
                          13 years, 7 months ago
                          Benjanime
                          Drakon
                          Benjanime

O.O i didn't know that they were that good, but i heard the games didn't do too good at sales

I don't know how well the games sold, but there's an obvious gap in sales performance between those two systems.
                            fistoflegend
                            946 Posts
                            13 years, 7 months ago
                            I still have my 32x around the crib some place. It had a few fun games,but sega didn't support it enough. It really made no sense to even release the thing. If you don't have it yet I'd pass on it and this is coming from somebody who like it.
                              Naruto123
                              789 Posts
                              13 years, 7 months ago
                              i'm not the big fan of something you need to hook up and then hook up another cord to it
                                13 years, 7 months ago
                                I don't have the fondest memories of this machine. It just seemed like overkill to me, another add on for the Genesis and worse it came out way too close to the Saturn launch. Sega didn't really seem focused and this was around the time when they started to lose their way.

Sadly they didn't get things together until the Dreamcast and by that point it was too late, people had moved onto Sony during the 32/64 bit era and as good as the DC was all anybody could think about was PS2.
                                  System
                                  79987 Posts
                                  13 years, 7 months ago
                                  Sega is probably the most ADD company I've ever heard of. I mean come on 3 versions of the Genesis, 2 versions of Sega CD, the 32x, the Saturn, and the Dreamcast. That's ridiculous for like a 10 year span.

I really feel bad for them. They didn't have their sh!t together. They never stayed focused on one thing and just kept trying to improve it instead of worrying about only their next system.
                                    Drakon
                                    3703 Posts
                                    13 years, 7 months ago
                                    I wish sega had focused more on their first party titles than hardware upgrades
                                      An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss