System
79987 Posts
13 years, 7 months ago
What does this have to do with video games? Simple. Jack Thompson is the idiot lawyer who has been calling for the banning of M rated video games. This jacktard even went after the Rockstar game Bully without even seeing what it was about. He heard it was a Rockstar game that took place in a Prep school. So of course it had to be a Columbine simulator. Anyway, here's the story:

"Everyone's ultimate video-game super-villain Jack Thompson is in danger of losing his ability to practice law. The Florida Bar has called for Thompson to be disbarred and prohibited from applying to practice law for the next ten years.

Thompson has already filed a 4,500-word formal objection, and is calling for Judge Dava Tunis (who oversaw the disbarring proceedings) to be removed from his position, citing that the Judge's initial state loyalty oath was forged and that subsequent oaths did not conform to state regulations.

Thompson has gained infamy for his frequent, vocal tirades against videogames, notably the Grand Theft Auto series."
--credit: GamesRadar
    Bomberman
    3299 Posts
    13 years, 7 months ago
    Awesome, but why are they doing this anyway? Did he do something wrong, or are they finally realizing what a jerk off this guy is?
    Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
      System
      79987 Posts
      13 years, 7 months ago
      There's a lot of this he's done wrong. Its best to just Wiki his name and read.
        Bomberman
        3299 Posts
        13 years, 7 months ago
        All I heard was that he was just a big anti-video game prick who tried to pass ridiculous laws to ban them, and use them as excuses in court, but... I'm too lazy. :lol:
        Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
          System
          79987 Posts
          13 years, 7 months ago
          Bomberman
          All I heard was that he was just a big anti-video game prick who tried to pass ridiculous laws to ban them, and use them as excuses in court, but... I'm too lazy. :lol:

Ha! Me too. I can't remember the crap he's done, but all I know is that he's a religious-zealot-jackass.
            figment1988
            110 Posts
            13 years, 7 months ago
            it's about time the florida bar's doing something about Jack, because in my opinion he was looking for an excuse to blame video games for society's ills, but it serves him right for not following the one rule about law: you cannot recklessly point the finger at someone or something until there is hard evidence. as for his crusade against video games, it's not the media who causes violence. it's the sense of common judgement of the individual who patronizes the media in question. i bet luke campbell is enjoying this as well (because before GTA, Jack Thompson crusaded against 2 Live Crew's As Nasty As They Wanna Be album. Jack even went as far as to compare Luke to The Joker)
            "Go forth time travelers, and remember your future is what you make it!" -Emmett L. Brown from Back to the Future: The Ride

R.I.P.
            Back to the Future: The Ride
            (May 2, 1991 - March 30, 2007)
              the-micro-man
              3492 Posts
              13 years, 7 months ago
              I just read about him. I'm glad this old fart-douche is getting what he deserves.
                Captain_Howdy30
                2207 Posts
                13 years, 7 months ago
                Yep, I heard he's gonna get three years in the electric-chair.
                  13 years, 7 months ago
                  Mwahahaha, yes fight the FCC! :twisted:
                  I am Ricky, hear me think! :D
                    Shaunbadia
                    2395 Posts
                    13 years, 7 months ago
                    RetroRickster923
                    Mwahahaha, yes fight the FCC! :twisted:

This has nothing to do with the FCC.

13 years, 7 months ago
                      Oh, well I feel stupid. :oops:
                      I am Ricky, hear me think! :D
                        Drakon
                        3703 Posts
                        13 years, 7 months ago
                        truthfully, I don't play a lot of "violent" video games, but I guess this is good news anyway
                          13 years, 7 months ago
                          About time. He's gotten away with too much and he comes across as an unstable whack job.
                            knuclear200x
                            5908 Posts
                            13 years, 7 months ago
                            when stories like this come out, i just have to make a webcomic about it in a forum i go to.
                              System
                              79987 Posts
                              13 years, 7 months ago
                              Next Up: Joe Lieberman.
                                figment1988
                                110 Posts
                                13 years, 7 months ago
                                Baloo
                                Next Up: Joe Lieberman.

whatever happened to him? last time i heard of Joe, he was complaining regarding GTA: SA's Hot Coffee Mod incident
                                "Go forth time travelers, and remember your future is what you make it!" -Emmett L. Brown from Back to the Future: The Ride

R.I.P.
                                Back to the Future: The Ride
                                (May 2, 1991 - March 30, 2007)
                                  rirotostichi
                                  1841 Posts
                                  13 years, 7 months ago
                                  I too think Jack Thompson is an idiot.
                                  I did however approve of him shielding Mass Effect from the criticism it got on FOX NEWS.
                                    System
                                    79987 Posts
                                    13 years, 6 months ago
                                    Hey, theres been an update about the whole disbarment hearing for this jackhole. A judge is now saying it should be permanent! Ha!

Here's the link:
                                    http://www.411mania.com/games/news/79911/%5BMisc%5D-Judge-Recommends-Permanent-Disbarment-For-Jack-Thompson.htm
                                      Bomberman
                                      3299 Posts
                                      13 years, 6 months ago
                                      To be honest, I wish this wouldn't happen. He's a moron who deserves it, but now he won't make hilarious comments about games that come out any more. :( Remember when he tried to get the feature in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon to create your own fighter removed because he thought people would make ones of him? :lol: I'm pretty sure at least twice as many were made because of that argument!
                                      Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
                                        mlw1984
                                        1435 Posts
                                        13 years, 6 months ago
                                        I cannot stand Jack Thompson. I wish I could meet him in person, then punch him in the face but that would get me thrown in jail. >:(
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss