Cambion
335 Posts
17 years, 4 months ago
These Ponies are sort of my guilty pleasure in terms of toys - my personality is very dark and my tastes are more masculine that feminine, yet I have a love for these girly flourescent pony dolls. I don't have a massive collection, and I only have a couple vintage ones, but I still adore these things. I think I also had almost the entire collection of the ones that were released in the late 1990s (Berry Bright, Sky Skimmer, Light Heart, etc.), but one of them ended up getting transformed into a Goth pony with the help of a permenant marker and some red food coloring. :shock:

Any other collectors here? Where do you get your Ponies from?
    Josette
    75 Posts
    17 years, 4 months ago
    I had tons. My grandparents bought me a pony every Saturday when they took me grocery shopping with them. I had the home with the courtyard that they could live in, too.
      aufdeutsch
      14 Posts
      17 years, 4 months ago
      oh MLPs. I still collect them. currently they're all in boxes in storage though.

I have roughly...60-70 of the original ones...1 plushie, various books...we used to have the Dance Studio, but my mom got rid of it because she kept finding the pieces everywhere.

I also have 3 of the "old" new ones, and like 6 of the new ones...because I keep getting those as gifts.

My personal favorite MLP is the only Colorswirl pony I own, which is Starswirl.

Most of my ponies have come from garage sales and random finds in antique stores. My grandma has been a big help with my collection since she'd find them and buy them for me. So i have some doubles, but that's alright with me. Eventually they'll have their own shelf showcase...once I own a house and have the space for them.

Gotta love MLPs. :)
        kimbaltak
        2623 Posts
        17 years, 4 months ago
        i didn't have any but one of my cousins had some i think some of them changed color when you got them wet
          Rainbow_Bright
          2505 Posts
          17 years, 4 months ago
          do you guys remmeber the ponies that had legs you could move, they didnt bend at the knee just the entire leg could move back n forth it was pretty cool a step up u know. i remember having a ballerina one was like seaphome in color pink hair or somthing .. i remember playing with like 30 in the bath that was really fun for some reason..oh ya and also there was baby ponies too anyone remember these ones, one was white other was yellow came with alittle plastic sandbox..made in 1984 ish or mabey 1982
            caper1979
            358 Posts
            17 years, 4 months ago
            I used to take my sisters pony head off and fill it with shampoo... I was bad.. lol.
              pikachulover
              2944 Posts
              17 years, 4 months ago
              I've been buying some of the new ones (G3). and I have almost all my old ones except the sea ponies my mom made me throw out.

I want to get some of the ponies I wanted as a kid like the sparkle ponies and some more unicors and pegsai.

Maybe I'll make a custom out of my baby Hoppy that I colored on the face with flair pens and markers.
                NightSprite
                41 Posts
                17 years, 4 months ago
                *raises hand* I collect them. They were one of my favorite toys as a kid, and I can't help it....I still love them. :D
                  aufdeutsch
                  14 Posts
                  17 years, 4 months ago
                  i used to have a purple sea pony that turned white in the water...but too much bath time (and the little hole in the neck that let water in) made her icky and in the trash she went!

this website is one of the best for pony info. way back when the internet was still new, my dad actually found this website for me.

http://dreamvalley-mlp.com/ponies_list.html

all the pony info you can shake a stick at.
                    17 years, 4 months ago
                    I have quite a few of the mlp from the 80's. But I like the breyer's horses better
                      jemgirl86
                      623 Posts
                      17 years, 4 months ago
                      I still have all my 80s and 90s ones. I could never bear to part with them, they were too cute :lol: I must have at least 80-100 in storage still. I've got a couple of them sitting on my speakers too 8)
                      *That's it! I'm so gonna be like Angela Bower...except with better clothes.*

http://jemgirl.wordpress.com
                        aufdeutsch
                        14 Posts
                        17 years, 4 months ago
                        they're something you can never really bare to part with.

even though in the back of your mind you wonder what the heck you're going to do with them all!
                          Edymnion
                          2304 Posts
                          17 years, 4 months ago
                          Moved to the proper forum.

DreamDancer
                            73 Posts
                            17 years, 4 months ago
                            I have over 100 of them. All of them were from Ebay, though. My mom gave away my childhood ponies when I was 12 or so, but most of my collection today is mostly made up of ones I never had, which includes the elusive Mimic (though she's in poor condition), and all the ponies that have appeared on the MLP 'n Friends TV show and the 1984 and 1985 specials. Boy I'm pathetic!
                              aufdeutsch
                              14 Posts
                              17 years, 4 months ago
                              but in the end as long as it makes us happy, that's what matters. :)

i give all types of ponies a home....even the ones that were a little TOO loved before. cut hair, missing tails, etc. because they need a home too.
                                haloARH
                                25 Posts
                                17 years, 3 months ago
                                I had about a dozen when I was a kid, but I gave 'em away. I could just kick myself now.

I bought one 2 years ago when they put them back on the market. I want to start collecting them again.
                                  System
                                  79987 Posts
                                  17 years, 2 months ago
                                  A great site for MLP collectors is http://www.mlptp.net/ I used to have over 300 of them, but I had to sell them along with the rest of my toy collection. I had just almost complete lines of SSC, LLL, RPP and RB not too mention GAG.

~ CA
                                    GirlCrazy99
                                    392 Posts
                                    4 years, 2 months ago
                                    I only had 1 of the ponies.

I'm a huge fan of SSC (Strawberry Shortcake), LLL (Lady Lovely Locks), HH (Holly Hobbie), MK&A (Mary-Kate & Ashley), RPP (Rose Petal Place), PKMN (Pokémon) and anything that is Purple Moon related (including Rockett Movado).
                                    Lisa Frank - You Gotta Have It!
                                    Pokemon - Gotta Catch 'Em All!
                                      An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss