System
79987 Posts
16 years, 7 months ago
a commercial i've been looking for for a long time is the TalkBoy one from 1992 or 1993. in it a boy records his sister saying "stop drooling on me" when she's playing with the family dog and later sneaks up behind the couch when his sister's boyfriend is over and plays the clip over again when they start to get close. in addition the kid uses the slow-mo option to say "hey kids, we're home early" to freak out his sister. so if anyone has this commercial, i would greatly appreciate it if they'd upload it.
    NickMania
    1037 Posts
    16 years, 7 months ago
    I definately remember that commercial, unfortunately I don't have it but I still have The Talk Boy FX Plus! :D
      16 years, 7 months ago
      Since we are talking about the Talkboy, does anyone remember if it came out before or after Home Alone 2? I remember Kevin had one.
      Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
        NickMania
        1037 Posts
        16 years, 7 months ago
        I am pretty sure it came out after the movie was released.

EDIT: yes it must have come out after the movie because in the commercial it begins with the narrator saying: Now you can have as much fun as kevin with the Talk Boy FX Plus!
          KI_Simpson
          204 Posts
          16 years, 7 months ago
          It was a prop, the thing in the movie is the real thing.
            RetroSeaside
            46 Posts
            16 years, 3 months ago
            I used to have the "girl" version.
            Spongebob: "Ahhh! Help, Gary! Prince of Neptune! I closed the window on my head!"
              TMNT
              5203 Posts
              16 years, 3 months ago
              oh men I remember that commercial
                16 years, 3 months ago
                hahaha.. i had a talkboy. i think i might even still have it.

i think its broken though.... :?
                  System
                  79987 Posts
                  16 years, 3 months ago
                  I remember that commercial. Man that toy was fun. I still have one floating around in my basement somewhere. :lol:
                    TV1985
                    386 Posts
                    16 years, 1 month ago
                    I use to have a Talkboy after Home Alone 2 was released on video. I remember a couple of commercials of the Talkboy.
                      Gamebrain
                      36 Posts
                      16 years, 1 month ago
                      YES!

Talkboys were awesome. I had one and I used it for almost 5 years. The longest toy I ever played with.
                        musicradio77
                        739 Posts
                        16 years, 1 month ago
                        I don't have the Talkboy, but I've heard it since it was used in the movie "Home Alone 2" with Macaulay Culkin.
                          Owepar
                          586 Posts
                          16 years ago
                          I found the commercial on a tape from early '96 (meaning it was probably made for the Christmas '95 season -- quite a while after Home Alone 2). I'll upload it today, so it should be on RetroJunk soon.
                          Some are born to educate and raise our I.Q.
                          While others imitate their gods and tell us all what to do.
                            Owepar
                            586 Posts
                            15 years, 11 months ago
                            The commercial's now up and running here on RetroJunk:

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/2013/
                            Some are born to educate and raise our I.Q.
                            While others imitate their gods and tell us all what to do.
                              An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss