System
79987 Posts
17 years, 6 months ago
Does anyone here remember the movie 'Rad'? It was one of the only movies I had ever watched in the 80's that was strictly about riding BMX. I used to watch it before my friends and I would go out bike riding. It would get me all amped to go do crazy things.....and I would usually return crying and bleeding from the knees and palms. :(
    Rhio2k
    679 Posts
    17 years, 6 months ago
    I dunno...I kinda liked The Dirt Bike Kid...
      TheWizard241
      455 Posts
      17 years, 6 months ago
      i don't know about Rad but i got eddie murphy raw and delirious 2 pk from ebay and it ended up being a bootleg, quality was pretty good. a fiend of mine got a bootleg of monster squad and he said that the quality was bad.

i guess you may want to read feedback from others that bought the DVD or even email them to see what they have to say about the quality.

don't email the seller, cause they are always afraid that you are some1 tryin to crack down on bootlegs and will only give generic answers like "this is the best quality conversion available on the internet." or something stupid like that
        Jason43
        1494 Posts
        17 years, 6 months ago
        Worst case scenario, it's a bad VHS to DVD transfer. Best case, it's a decent laser disc to DVD transfer. You can always contact the seller asking to send you screenshots.
          System
          79987 Posts
          17 years, 4 months ago
          It's about time that I hear that someone else knows about that movie. Like M.A.S.K. said, me and my friends used to watch that all summer long and then take the bikes out and try to do the stunts in the opening and ending credits. After years of watching it, I realized that one of the riders had the same last name as I do and I never noticed that he was one of the riders at Hell Track. I bought the DVD off of Ebay also, and it is pretty good quality. VHS to DVD but it is good enough for me. Dirt Bike Kid was also in the summer movie rotation back in the day.
            System
            79987 Posts
            17 years, 4 months ago
            Anonymous
            maybe it was rad i was watching, but the movie had australian actors and in one scene, they were in a cemetary. either way, the movie was awesome. it was the summer of 88 that i watched it constantly when it was on hbo. i had a huffy bike so my skills were limited. but i imagine i did some stupid stuff trying to emulate the moves i saw. usually, whne watching the movie, i was building a battle for gi joe or masters of the universe. a good time was had by all.

Was it BMX Bandits? Nicole Kidman sure came a long way since '83! As for RAD, that movie was killer. I can remember when all the kids on my street piled into one of the parents' Astro Van on a Saturday to hit the theater. Most of us then were more into freestylin', but after seeing the movie, we soon became jealous of the loner with the Cook Bros. bike.
              System
              79987 Posts
              16 years, 10 months ago
              RAD was the best! I loved the scene at the dance when they were dancing with their bikes! :D I still remember to this day the final race when the main character takes the short cut and does the backflip. I tried that once and landed on my front tire. Needless to say, I ended up wrapped around my bike. :(
                11 years, 7 months ago
                do you believe.. in heaven above.. do you believe in love? (cue awesome trick) theres a metal version of that song that i have that rocks pretty hard!
                  Dyzfunk7ional
                  4048 Posts
                  11 years, 7 months ago
                  Ha! the best necrobump evah.
                    11 years, 7 months ago
                    I gotta go with BMX Bandits. My buddy and I must have ruined Blockbuster's copy by over-rewinding the part where some kid rides full speed into some shopping carts.

Before youtube, that's what we did...ruined tapes.
                      aztec19
                      12 Posts
                      11 years, 7 months ago
                      Rad was the best! I wanted to race helltrack after watching that movie. I also got a kick out of the cop chasing them at the lumber yard.
                      aztec19
                        An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss