17 years, 6 months ago
Every time I visit RetroJunkit seems to change. Just glad the people dont.

Come on Vertex and Mod Gang, sort out my contributions :lol:
    System
    79987 Posts
    17 years, 6 months ago
    Great head of hair. The guy was really talented, i thought, and i remember seeing him not too long ago. You know h was high when he was out there, no doubt in my mind.
      Jason43
      1494 Posts
      17 years, 6 months ago
      I want to know exactly how many paintings of forrests and streams he had hanging in his house. The guy was good, if not imaginative. He could churn out a flea market quality painting in under 30 minutes.
        Jason43
        1494 Posts
        17 years, 6 months ago
        He is indeed dead.

How could that man scare you? He was the most non-threatening person I've ever seen.
          foxxietrini
          249 Posts
          17 years, 6 months ago
          Aww I loved that guy..he was super calm. Yeah he did use the word happy a lot. I was amazed at how he could crank out a picture from a liitle brush stroke at one corner of the canvas. Turn your back once and he's got a whole forrest and a cabin with smoke coming from it :lol:
            System
            79987 Posts
            17 years, 6 months ago
            For a better look at any of his paintings, check out your local Motel 6. Guranteed that they have one hanging over your double bed with unwashed bottom sheet. GuArAnTeEd.
              Mavrick_45
              156 Posts
              17 years, 3 months ago
              Cloudkicker
              "And if you tell ANYONE that that bush is there I'm going to come over to your house and I will cut you!"

That's where I remember him.

haha thas jokes cloud. ^_^
                Kray
                865 Posts
                17 years, 3 months ago
                That guy was good alright, and i definately recall the word happy being used often on his show, but I'm not sure what I watched more him just being... him (with his fro) or him painting. :lol:

:shock: He always went way too fast for me to keep up.
                  System
                  79987 Posts
                  17 years, 3 months ago
                  Actually I think he died many years ago, in the mid 90's.....hell Google would tell us in 2 seconds, but I'm too lazy :P

My friend and I used to watch him and laugh..and then alot of times I'd just watch him..amazed that this soft, passive guy with the HUGE fro' could churn out a winter scene in like....15 minutes.

I remember MTV even had a bumper with him on it where he was painting a big MTV with "Happy Little Trees"..

But now, here's ANOTHER QUESTION for you:
                  Do you guys remember the crazy german guy who also had his own painting show!?

I can't remember his name, but he also had a painting show, and he was LOUD...UND HE HAD ZE GERMAN ACCIDENT....my friend and I used to crack up and call each other "Turn on PBS, that crazy Nazi is on!"....

EDIT:
                  Yep, he's been dead since 1995
                    System
                    79987 Posts
                    17 years, 3 months ago
                    That guy was awesome! I loved watching his show as a kid. He made painting look so simple.
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      17 years, 3 months ago
                      Thats because he painted the same painting every week :)

A cottage....with a hillside or mountain range...and happy trees :)
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        17 years, 3 months ago
                        LOL, yeah...but it was cool!
                          System
                          79987 Posts
                          17 years, 3 months ago
                          OMG! I remember him, I used to love to watch him. Do you guys remember the old guy who had the science show on pbs?
                            Strykor
                            1202 Posts
                            16 years, 3 months ago
                            Ah, "The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross." The most relaxing show I've ever seen, especially before school.
                            Official Member of the B&G Custom Comic Disaster Squad.
                              System
                              79987 Posts
                              16 years, 3 months ago
                              Bob Ross was good, but so was the guy who was also on painting.

I forget his name, but he was this louder, Germanic-sounding guy :)

The guy used to yell and bark his instructions, he sounded like he was some German Sergeant in World War II :)

"UND NOW YOU VILL PAINT ZE COTTAGE! SCHNELL! SCHNELL!! VE DO NOT HAVE ALL DAY, PAINT ZE COTTAGE NOOOWWW!!!!!!"
                                mr3urious
                                3356 Posts
                                16 years, 3 months ago
                                I remember when Bob Ross was on an episode of Bill Nye the Science Guy, painting a giant eyeball with "happy little rods and cones".

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -Kurt Cobain
                                  Predaking
                                  920 Posts
                                  16 years, 3 months ago
                                  :lol:

I always remember him saying 'the lay of the land' and also 'there'.
                                    16 years, 3 months ago
                                    Happy trees.....happy clouds......happy afro on Bob.
                                      AndyL
                                      117 Posts
                                      16 years, 3 months ago
                                      He made it look so easy, didn't he? My dad took up painting for a while because of Bob Ross. Every week Bob kicked off a marathon of PBS series that my parents would literally force my sister and me to watch. It's funny, but I actually MISS that now.
                                        jetfire426
                                        402 Posts
                                        16 years, 3 months ago
                                        yeah that hair was a trip.. i used to watch his shows.. man he was a great painter...
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss