System
79987 Posts
17 years, 3 months ago
I'm trying to remember if 1989 was the year that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles dominated, or if that didn' t happen until september of 1990.....

I remember a really, really awful Voltron-ripoff called Macron-1 being broadcast in my area early in the morning, but other than that..and maybe the NinjaTurtles, I can't remember what cartoons were on in 88 and 89.

Someone help me out here...
    17 years, 2 months ago
    Erm, the original mario cartoon, cap'n N, the crappy GI Joe cartoon, and a bunch of other stuff.
      System
      79987 Posts
      17 years, 2 months ago
      you know- i have to admit, i dont remember watching tmnt until the movie came out. i may have- but boy memory these days...
        Jason43
        1494 Posts
        17 years, 2 months ago
        I think COPS and Captain Planet both aired in 88. My memories are a little fuzzy here...possibly Fantastic Max and that Mili/Vanili cartoon. I'm sure I'll think more.
          17 years, 2 months ago
          Mili Vanili had a cartoon? Faking their singing is one thing, but making a cartoon? WTF? Egomaniacs. Oh ya, I forgot about COPS.

Chris
            System
            79987 Posts
            17 years, 2 months ago
            wow cops used to be one of my favorites!! i used to have turbo twotones car. it was kind of a rod/buggy. they had some cool weapons on that cartoon. and it was somewhat violent!
              Jason43
              1494 Posts
              17 years, 2 months ago
              Un-touchable_1
              Mili Vanili had a cartoon? Faking their singing is one thing, but making a cartoon? WTF? Egomaniacs. Oh ya, I forgot about COPS.

Chris

They sure did. And it was every bit the turd you'd expect it to be.
                KENNY_GUIDO
                45 Posts
                17 years, 2 months ago
                Jason43
                I think COPS and Captain Planet both aired in 88. My memories are a little fuzzy here...possibly Fantastic Max and that Mili/Vanili cartoon. I'm sure I'll think more.

captain planet was in 87. I remember it because i was at my girlfriends house, fightimg....and her little brother was watching it.
                  KENNY_GUIDO
                  45 Posts
                  17 years, 2 months ago
                  Derrick
                  The original Ninja Turtles cartoon first aired in December 1987. I would say as soon as it came on it dominated. I remember watching it in 1988....when I was 2. I was hooked immediately.

are you sure the turtles cartoon was in 87? I recall it much later. I remember the comic coming out in 85-86. it seems much too soon for a cartoon to come out on an independant comic label.
                    17 years, 2 months ago
                    yep, the toon came out in December 28, 1987
                    go see for yourself: http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart001.htm

Chris
                    (The More You Know)
                      bigwalt
                      23 Posts
                      17 years, 2 months ago
                      When did MC Hammer's and NKOTB cartoons come out? If it wasn't late 80's then really early 90's. And don't forget Pee-Wee's Playhouse.
                      Rose: They're called Longenhürden.
                      Dorthey: (pauses) Whats called Longenhürden?
                      Rose: The hat with the horns.
                        Derrick
                        580 Posts
                        17 years, 2 months ago
                        Some of my favorites from 1988 were Garfield and Friends, New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Pup named Scooby Doo.

From 1989 I remember Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Beetlejuice, Eurekas Castle, Jim Henson Hour, California Raisins I think, and of course, The Simpsons.
                        WHAT?
                          survivor147
                          184 Posts
                          16 years, 8 months ago
                          Milli Vanilli never had a cartoon...and I'm almost positive about that. They did appear on Super Mario Bros. 3 because I have that episode taped off of the tv.
                            An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss