tha_raw_seven
842 Posts
17 years, 2 months ago
did they make a movie of this? i think they did
    System
    79987 Posts
    17 years, 2 months ago
    Yep, they did. I remember seeing the ad for it in Archie Comics.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108255/
      chaoszerg
      636 Posts
      17 years, 2 months ago
      I wish i never laid my eye's on that movie it had bob hoskins as mario i think. And the bad guy turned out to be a giant t-rex instead of a giant monster turtle thing with spike's on its back
      The Bucket is Opened<<<<< Off shadowgate on the nes.
        17 years, 2 months ago
        Damn this movie was so confusing and they were intending to make a sequel.

Chris
          System
          79987 Posts
          17 years, 2 months ago
          chaoszerg
          I wish i never laid my eye's on that movie it had bob hoskins as mario i think. And the bad guy turned out to be a giant t-rex instead of a giant monster turtle thing with spike's on its back

no shit. that was rubbish and i ended up losing respect for bob.
            System
            79987 Posts
            17 years, 2 months ago
            So...it's a bad idea to make a movie outta a video game? :?
              chaoszerg
              636 Posts
              17 years, 2 months ago
              Luke_Warm
              So...it's a bad idea to make a movie outta a video game? :?

I dont think it would be a bad idear. It's just the film makers try and change stuff and dont follow the game.
              The Bucket is Opened<<<<< Off shadowgate on the nes.
                Kray
                865 Posts
                17 years, 2 months ago
                I actually thought the movie was cool, because it was supposed to be a prequil to the Mario brothers game.

In the very end they have two Japanese guys (one of which I think is Miyamoto) and they're asking for the rights to their story so they can make this new fangled thing called a video game.

But yeah I agree it would've been much cooler to have the real Bowser instead of Dennis Hopper as King Koopa.
                  Maria
                  42 Posts
                  17 years, 2 months ago
                  I never actually saw it myself, but here's a really funny review of it...

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0905/
                    System
                    79987 Posts
                    17 years, 2 months ago
                    Maria
                    I never actually saw it myself, but here's a really funny review of it...

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0905/

YAAA!! x-e is one of my favorite sites! i love the reviews they give on movies- and toys!!! i also love retro CRUSH! cheers for the great link!
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      17 years, 2 months ago
                      Wordsmith_P
                      Does anyone realize they're going to make a movie out of the game Spy Hunter directed by John Woo and starring The Rock?! Check it out at www.imdb.com

Retro-love,

Wordsmith P

yes! i have been waiting for a while for this movie! i think the rock is a perfect cast

on another note- did anyone catch the episode iii (star wars) revenge of the sith trailer last night after the oc??!! holy smokes!!!
                        Maria
                        42 Posts
                        17 years, 2 months ago
                        ^^^^^ that was me...oops :oops:
                          System
                          79987 Posts
                          17 years, 2 months ago
                          i forget if it was x-e or retrocrush that did a review of all the ghoulie movies and critter movies. i think it was x-e/ugo not sure- but that was a really funny review!
                            survivor147
                            184 Posts
                            16 years, 3 months ago
                            I bought the DVD,

I remember I wanted to see it when it came out. Of course I loved the Mario Bros. back then. Well I finally got around to watching the whole thing on TV when I was younger and thought it was awful.

Thinking back, how on earth could you pull off a good Mario Bros movie? This probably was the best they could possibly do.
                              mr3urious
                              3356 Posts
                              16 years, 3 months ago
                              The Super Mario Bros. movie is pretty mediocre, but it had its funny moments, such as Mario and Luigi dancing with the Goombas. Another thing I've noticed in one scene when watching the movie was when the camera zoomed in from the sewers to the sewer gate with the Bob-omb standing on it, a Reebok logo is shown on his feet.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -Kurt Cobain
                                survivor147
                                184 Posts
                                16 years, 3 months ago
                                I didn't understand that dancing sequence. Were the goombas just stupid??
                                  AdamYJ
                                  145 Posts
                                  16 years, 3 months ago
                                  survivor147
                                  Thinking back, how on earth could you pull off a good Mario Bros movie? This probably was the best they could possibly do.

That's the way I look at it. I just give them points for trying. Imagine if you had tried to make Super Mario Bros. into a live action movie and stay reasonably true to the source material. If I were a filmmaker and someone suggested that to me, I would have laughed in their face. Super Mario Bros. is possibly one of the cartooniest video games around. The only way I could ever imagine a movie working for that game is if it were animated.

There were one or two little things I liked. For example, I liked their depiction of Luigi. Also, it was pretty cool that they used a variation of their backstory that we remember from the DiC cartoon. I can't help but think of those guys as being from Brooklyn.
                                  Saturday Morning isn't just a part of the week. It's a state of mind.
                                    True
                                    391 Posts
                                    16 years, 3 months ago
                                    A little off topic but the is a NEW Super Mario BROS. game coming out, but sadly it's only for the DS handheld (wish it were coming on the Revolution). There hasn't been a actual Super Mario Bros (titled) game since SMB3, no two player one (Using Mario & Luigi) since SMWorld.

New Super Mario Bros. video

It's throwback to the original Mario games which is cool.
                                      Arklier
                                      161 Posts
                                      16 years, 3 months ago
                                      survivor147
                                      I didn't understand that dancing sequence. Were the goombas just stupid??

Yes, they were. Given the size of their heads, their brain would be about half the size of a golf ball.
                                      -
                                      Born in the 70s, child of the 80s.
                                        AdamYJ
                                        145 Posts
                                        16 years, 3 months ago
                                        Actually, if you guys really thought that the Mario Bros. movie is something, you guys haven't seen anything until you've seen: Mario on Ice!

Just click the link:

www.youtube.com/w/Mario-on-Ice!?v=5dABajN3o&search=Bowser

Edit: okay, the link doesn't seem to work quite like I thought it would. But it's there if you look for it.
                                        Saturday Morning isn't just a part of the week. It's a state of mind.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss