TheNighthaw
69 Posts
16 years, 10 months ago
First off, Rockin' Flowers. They were plastic mechanical flowers that had things like sunglasses and other punk stuff, each had its own flowerpot, and when you played music (ideally anyway, they moved at any sort of noise) they would dance. I remember there was a daisy I think and a sunflower. I had one a long time ago and used to set it on my old school little Casio keyboard. I think this might have been late 80's extending into the 90's. They're unbelievably hard to find for some reason, I've seen maybe one on eBay. That's odd considering how popular these were.

Secondly, Water Pets from the early 90's. I remember they had this really obnoxious commercial with a song to the tune of "Lollipop," except it went "Water pets." So of course I had to have one. They had three originally I think, a dog, a cat and something else: I had the dog, it was red and blue and was made of nylon stuffed with something like foam beads so you could get them wet. I think Playmates made them, they weren't part of any collection, they were independent.

And finally, Bubble Wands, also from the early 90's. There were two wand that I remember: one was sorta pink and orange, the one I had, and I think the other was purple. You would blow bubbles and when you'd whack the bubbles with the wand, it would make a magical noise. Of course I didn't even bother with the bubbles, I just whacked the wand against my hand to get it to make the noise, probably drove my parents crazy, heh heh :lol: What a useless toy, I don't think they actually had anything to do with the process of blowing bubbles, you would just hit bubbles with them and they'd make noise, durrrh.
    pikachulover
    2944 Posts
    16 years, 10 months ago
    I remember that Rockin' Flowers. I never had one, but I do remember playing with them at the KB Toy store with all the other battery operated stuff they would have on display in the front of the store.

I didn't have a Water Pet either, but I do remember the commercial for it. I kind of liked it.
      Badkitty
      912 Posts
      16 years, 10 months ago
      Weren't water pets those stuffed animals that changed color if you put them in water? If so then I had one, I think it was a dog or a bunny.

I had a rockin flower too. The concept must have been popular because I also remember rockin cactus, coke can and budweiser can.
      I don't know about you, Miss Kitty, but I feel so much... yummier
        System
        79987 Posts
        16 years, 10 months ago
        ha, rockin flowers, i remember seeing those all the time at Walgreens. What peices of crap. I loved them.
          TheNighthaw
          69 Posts
          16 years, 10 months ago
          Badkitty
          Weren't water pets those stuffed animals that changed color if you put them in water? If so then I had one, I think it was a dog or a bunny.

They might have changed color, I don't recall. But yeah I think there was a bunny as well in addition to the cat and dog. All I remember is that they were red and blue mostly.

Haha, yeh I remember the rockin' coke can.
            Byrd_man
            300 Posts
            16 years, 10 months ago
            Rockin' flowers were the kind of things street merchancts would try to sell you on street corners, my uncle had one and I think it busted.

As far as the beer can one, those were gigantic ones they used in grocery stores, my brother got a hold of one and sadly we trashed it cause my mom hates alcohol :(
              System
              79987 Posts
              16 years, 10 months ago
              I had a bubblemaking lawnmower
                An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss