Thew
189 Posts
16 years, 10 months ago
what are your thoughts on the programming block
when I was a kid it was definetly the best cartoon block
and i watched those cartoons religiously...

I still really really want EEK to come out on DVD

My Article: The Fox Kids Club - The End of an Era
    skaterboy572
    135 Posts
    16 years, 10 months ago
    thew, your article kicks some serious butt man.
    i was and still am a HUGE fan of all of the fox kids club programming, and its a shame that the kids today just dont have any good saturday morning cartoons. But at least abc family channel shows things like: spiderman the animated series, x-men, and the original power rangers. But i will still miss Bobby's World and Eek the Cat!. The 90's were just a better place i guess.. :?
      Thew
      189 Posts
      16 years, 10 months ago
      hahah yeah
      you can get bobby's world on dvd...there are 2 of em with 5 episodes
      they are must have for anyone who watches cartoons

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001Q4BMQ/qid=1120848517/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_ur_2/102-8357656-0734514?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001ZX0G0/qid=1120848517/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/102-8357656-0734514?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

if you are lucky and see them at best buy, you can get em for 5 bucks a pop

spidey4545
        169 Posts
        16 years, 10 months ago
        I absolutely loved Fox Kids and their programming. It was an institution of my childhood. You would watch Fox Kids on weekends and then afterschool every weekday. I don't know what it was, but there was something special about that network...even the commercials and promos and network promos were excellent. It definitely changed the face of children's programming and lead to the success of KidsWB. KidsWB has most definitely tried to mimic what it did...I believe they have done well, but they aren't at the level that Fox Kids reached. What screwed Fox Kids over was when Haim Saban took over 50% of the company and the creator and President Margaret Loesch was demoted to Vice President. She eventually left in 1997 and Fox Kids took a huge nosedive from then on out. Fox Kids couldn't exist without her presence.

Anyways, I love Fox Kids so much that I don't what it to become a lost figment of the past. I want my generation to remember it for the juggernaut that it was and also for newer generations to see what children's program could be like at its best. I've created my website, Blast from the Past, www.blastfromthepasttv.com where you will be able to download all types of clips to remember Fox Kids and other networks/shows from the 90's. I don't have any Fox Kids clips to download right now (I have over 50 encoded but the download pages to get you to the clips aren't up yet)...However, you can download over 50 MMPR commercials, over 25 X-Men commercials, and many show openings. I plan on expanding big time on the Fox Kids sections and even have interviews with the people who were involved. You can go the Fox Kids section on the website and see what some of the sections I am working on are even though they aren't up yet (The promos for Fox Kids link works but none of those clips are up yet).

I hope this information helps and I look forward to helping you remember Fox Kids in the future.
          NickMania
          1037 Posts
          16 years, 10 months ago
          I Loved Fox Kids back in the early and mid 90's it was the best thing ever back in those days I Miss the Classic Fox Kids Show's! :D
            Thew
            189 Posts
            16 years, 10 months ago
            spidey4545
            I have to say that I've been searching for the stuff that is (and will be) on your website for YEARS...you don't understand...i've been looking for the fox commercials, bumpers..i even saw you ahve theme weeks...that almost brings a tear to my eye that there is something actually out there...
            i gave up looking for it

NickMania
            I'm with ya man i miss those too

NickMania
              1037 Posts
              16 years, 10 months ago
              Thew
              spidey4545
              I have to say that I've been searching for the stuff that is (and will be) on your website for YEARS...you don't understand...i've been looking for the fox commercials, bumpers..i even saw you ahve theme weeks...that almost brings a tear to my eye that there is something actually out there...
              i gave up looking for it

NickMania
              I'm with ya man i miss those too

All The Way Man ALL THE WAY!
                spidey4545
                169 Posts
                16 years, 10 months ago
                Thew, thanks for your support. I definitely felt the same way that you did. I've looked for such stuff and didn't find any....so I felt that I should step up to the plate and create a website myself. I have a small collection of VHS tapes from Fox Kids that I taped myself, but it just wasn't enough. Thankfully, I have found a few sources who combined have hundreds of VHS tapes from Fox Kids with their commercials and I am in the process of acquiring those tapes. I will have a ton of stuff, including very rare promos. I have put a lot of hard work and dedication into tracking down the right people with the right tapes, so hopefully everything will pay off in the end.

One clip I am desperately looking for is the premiere promo for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Even raging PR fans that I've talked to have been trying to track this clip down for over a decade. It is probably the rarest and hardest clip for me to find, especially because it debuted in August of 1993 and not in September. More people would be more apt to tape the lineup in September when there were new episodes of other series. Not many would have had their tapes rolling in August because nobody knew that MMPR would be the success that it was.

Anyways, thanks again for the support.
                  Thew
                  189 Posts
                  16 years, 10 months ago
                  when do you think your site will be done
                  i'm seriously so geeked out about your website right now

Thew
                    189 Posts
                    16 years, 10 months ago
                    i'm sorry i can't stop talking about your website
                    i just watched all the X-Men promos
                    this website is so perfect it's amazing..it's like you were reading my mind
                    and made a website that i wanted perfectly

if you need any help or tips/input on the site I'm your man

http://home.comcast.net/~bigthew/

spidey4545
                      169 Posts
                      16 years, 10 months ago
                      I plan on getting more sections up within the next week and a half. In terms of when I think it will be finished...the answer is never. I will consider my website complete once I have archived every TV show from the 90's, located and encoded every single commercial for every TV Show, network (such as Fox Kids), finished episode guides, character guides, etc. for every show, complete an archive schedule of every airing of every show between 1990 and 1999 for all the networks, etc.

This is a tremendous project that I have undertaken. I realize that the journey ahead is extremely difficult, as many of the information is between 5 and 15 years old and I was born in 1985, so I was a kid during the best of Fox Kids. For instance, it is not easy to find out what shows aired on certain days when they were repeats. Unless people wrote down this information, it is basically lost in time. The MMPR has had some dedicated fans who have written down what every airing of MMPR was between 1995 and 1999; so that is not lost. The lesser known shows are more of a problem to find information for. Additionally, finding tapes for say, a certain clip that aired only once, is almost impossible.

All I can say is that I envision this site to be as comprehensive as possible and I will try everything in my power to make sure that it is...even if it takes years and years. I feel that my generation should have a place to go to to remember their childhood and that is what I am going for.

I would appreciate all the help that people could give me...whether it be information that people have or tapes that people have from TV from Fox Kids. Never hesistate to e-mail me or PM me, as I am always open to suggestions or help.

Thanks for everyone's support.
                        Thew
                        189 Posts
                        16 years, 10 months ago
                        that is a daunting task
                        i'm glad someone is doing it tho...

a while back when i was seraching I was thinking about locating them all but i gave up real quick

kudos to you and thanks...i can't wait until the fox section is done
                        hurry hurry so i can re-live my childhood :wink:

Derrick
                          580 Posts
                          16 years, 10 months ago
                          Fox Kids had the best lineup of the 90s. It had the best funny toons (Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Eek, Bobbys World, etc) and the best superhero ones (Batman, Spiderman, Iron Man, Xmen, Power Rangers). I watched it Saturday mornings and weekday afternoons religiously.
                          WHAT?
                            Thew
                            189 Posts
                            16 years, 10 months ago
                            amen derrick
                            i'm glad to see so many people remember this and identify with it as much as I did

i wont rest until all of these shows are on DVD...ALL of them

Thew
                              189 Posts
                              16 years, 10 months ago
                              Turn it to Toon Disney Now!

X-Men is on!!!!

for another 20 minutes

spidey4545
                                169 Posts
                                16 years, 10 months ago
                                In case anyone's interested, here's a list of all the shows that were on Fox Kids, broken down by the year dates: www.blastfromthepasttv.com/foxkidsshowlisting.html
                                  Thew
                                  189 Posts
                                  16 years, 10 months ago
                                  AWESOME!

Thew
                                    189 Posts
                                    14 years, 7 months ago
                                    bumping this thread because i want some new input on it

HarryReems
                                      2067 Posts
                                      14 years, 7 months ago
                                      Thew
                                      what are your thoughts on the programming block
                                      when I was a kid it was definetly the best cartoon block
                                      and i watched those cartoons religiously...

I still really really want EEK to come out on DVD

Darn yes!
                                      Eek the Cat was some funny poop!
                                        the-micro-man
                                        3492 Posts
                                        14 years, 7 months ago
                                        I had a Fox Kids Club T-shirt when I was 3. :-)
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss