System
79987 Posts
16 years, 10 months ago
TIMEFRAME: Circa late 1970's, early 1980's. I'm guessing more like late 70's.

TRUTH: This movie I saw on TV, and I am PRETTY SURE it was a DISNEY movie on Sunday Night, ie: a movie that was made for broadcast on The Wonderful World of Disney.

But I remember it being pretty sad.....it was about this girl who died or her ghost or something.....I think it was set in England because I thought the accents were British. There was this Well involved, maybe thats where her body was (NO, DAMNIT I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE RING!) :D

I think it must have been Disney because it was like this girls ghost and these young kids trying to solve..errr..some mystery. And then in the end it was pretty sad (to me) because the girl was like "Well, now I have to go"...as in like she was going up to Heaven or something.

I remember being very very sad at the end, I THINK because I had like some 8 year old crush on the GHOST girl or something :)

Anyhow, can anyone help me remember this traumatic and sad film from my youth? So i can find it online or DVD or VHS and traumatize myself all over again? :D
    System
    79987 Posts
    16 years, 10 months ago
    HeadRusch
    TIMEFRAME: Circa late 1970's, early 1980's. I'm guessing more like late 70's.

TRUTH: This movie I saw on TV, and I am PRETTY SURE it was a DISNEY movie on Sunday Night, ie: a movie that was made for broadcast on The Wonderful World of Disney.

But I remember it being pretty sad.....it was about this girl who died or her ghost or something.....I think it was set in England because I thought the accents were British. There was this Well involved, maybe thats where her body was (NO, DAMNIT I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE RING!) :D

I think it must have been Disney because it was like this girls ghost and these young kids trying to solve..errr..some mystery. And then in the end it was pretty sad (to me) because the girl was like "Well, now I have to go"...as in like she was going up to Heaven or something.

I remember being very very sad at the end, I THINK because I had like some 8 year old crush on the GHOST girl or something :)

Anyhow, can anyone help me remember this traumatic and sad film from my youth? So i can find it online or DVD or VHS and traumatize myself all over again? :D

This actually sounds like the anime Haibene Renme. But the anime is more current.http://www.haibanerenmei.com/index2.html
      System
      79987 Posts
      16 years, 10 months ago
      also kind of sounds like watcher in the woods, but im sure thats not it if i know it lol
        System
        79987 Posts
        16 years, 10 months ago
        DAAAAAMNNNN YOU ARE GOOD. Thats *got* to be it....everyone claiming its a Disney movie from the 70's......that has to be it.

Oh I see Amazon has it for $122.00 on VHS :D

ROFL...
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 10 months ago
          Sounded Familiar....Glad I could help :)
            bleukeekat
            407 Posts
            16 years, 10 months ago
            watcher in the woods was with bette davis and it was pretty freakin creepy, but that sounds exaclty like what you're describing
            miaow >^..^<

Oh dear I've re-dorkulated!
              GirlCrazy99
              392 Posts
              2 years, 4 months ago
              System
              DAAAAAMNNNN YOU ARE GOOD. Thats *got* to be it....everyone claiming its a Disney movie from the 70's......that has to be it.

Oh I see Amazon has it for $122.00 on VHS :D

ROFL...

But the price dropped to $11.99 which is fairly common for VHS collectors.
              Lisa Frank - You Gotta Have It!
              Pokemon - Gotta Catch 'Em All!
                An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss