System
79987 Posts
16 years, 9 months ago
That was the best show ever, i memorized bascially every episode? Anyone remember the show? Recently I bought the first season that came out on DVD and it was great to be able to see if again without waiting for a special or for it to somehow to be on tv. Post here if you remember :)
    16 years, 9 months ago
    that was a great show! I used to watch it all the time. on the commercial for the pete and pete 1st season dvd they said at the end of it to look for season 2 coming soon. but its been a couple of months and I still haven't seen info for a season 2 set. I don't have the first season set but maybe I'll get it sometime.
      System
      79987 Posts
      16 years, 9 months ago
      :D I loved Pete and Pete, me and my sister watched it all the time. Hey member Artie? He was like the strongest man in the world, right? Anyways, I like the theme song. I think its called "Hey Sandy", but I'm not too sure. Ahh, Pete and Pete....
        xia83
        69 Posts
        16 years, 9 months ago
        nintendoisawesome
        that was a great show! I used to watch it all the time. on the commercial for the pete and pete 1st season dvd they said at the end of it to look for season 2 coming soon. but its been a couple of months and I still haven't seen info for a season 2 set. I don't have the first season set but maybe I'll get it sometime.

It was only releases two months ago, be patient. I dont think that they would say there would be another season in a commercial and not pull through.

Anyway, yes I remember this show. The most vivid memory is of the Summer episode.
        The muppet show Se. 1 (8-9-05)
        Clarissa (8-9-05)
        Garfield vol 4 (8-30-05)
        Rocky & Bullwinkle: Se. 3 (9-6-05)
        Toy Story (10th Anniversary Edition) (9-6-05)
        Heathcliff & The Catillac Cats (9-20-05)
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 9 months ago
          Lol, are you talking about the episode were they were looking for Mr. Frostee? That was great :D
            TheNighthaw
            69 Posts
            16 years, 9 months ago
            I bought the first season DVD also and I hope that they get at least the second season out as well. Pete and Pete was awesome, totally off-the-wall humor. I love the Nightcrawlers episode. The second season I think has even better episodes, but I didn't see a whole lot of the third season for some reason.

Yes Artie was totally awesome. Has anyone watched that show Carnivale on Shotime that was cancelled only last year? Toby Huss was in it, haha, it was hard to think of him as a straight character because I kept expecting him to say "Artie! The strongest man in the world!" I always thought little Pete's tattoos were so weird, why would a 10 year old have tattoos? Hahaha and they never explained it.

That Mr. Tastee episode is awesome, I forgot that it was a special rather than a regular episode as part of the first season, good thing they included it. I'm looking forward to the episode in the second season where little Pete fakes sick by bribing someone who works at the grocery store to give him an expired label from a can of Krebstar pudding, haha. And he runs into that plaque candy kid.
              xia83
              69 Posts
              16 years, 9 months ago
              According to tvshowsondvd.com
              Season 2 of Pete and Pete and Clarissa explains it all are due out on November 1st
              The muppet show Se. 1 (8-9-05)
              Clarissa (8-9-05)
              Garfield vol 4 (8-30-05)
              Rocky & Bullwinkle: Se. 3 (9-6-05)
              Toy Story (10th Anniversary Edition) (9-6-05)
              Heathcliff & The Catillac Cats (9-20-05)
                pokinsmot
                574 Posts
                16 years, 9 months ago
                i liked the episode where one of em(i think the younger one goes out to confront the forever ringing pay phone... thats comedy... anyone remember eerie indiana? standard televisions version of pete and pete... need to get that dvd set...

[ur
                  hsmith98
                  3097 Posts
                  15 years, 9 months ago
                  It was a great show, I loved (younger) petes dancing tatoo. And the episode where Luscious Jackson played was great.
                    Cdokes1
                    1032 Posts
                    15 years, 9 months ago
                    Yeah the second season will be out soon along with Clarissa it's part of Nick's Rewind Collection, but I seen on the Nick Rewind site that they pulled back Sea 3 of both shows for right now.
                      15 years, 8 months ago
                      Pete and Pete were great, but I always wished I had a friend who would climb through my window with a ladder like on Clarissa. Never too late right? :P
                      "Hey, thanks for the car man....But I still don't like you"

http://www.myspace.com/stilldontlikeyou
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        15 years, 8 months ago
                        hsmith98
                        It was a great show, I loved (younger) petes dancing tatoo. And the episode where Luscious Jackson played was great.

I still can't get the damn theme song out of my head. :shock:
                          jemgirl86
                          623 Posts
                          15 years, 8 months ago
                          I watched this on dvd the other day at a friend's house. Looking back, this show really captured a certain vibe of the 90s. It's off beat humor is strange, yet for some reason I don't see it even working now. It's great though, and the theme song rocked. It still seems very quotable. I watched the episode where older pete works at a gold course, and dresses up in a bear suit. There was a littler girl trying to hit him and saying " I smell his fear, it smells like bacon" thats just too great....
                          *That's it! I'm so gonna be like Angela Bower...except with better clothes.*

http://jemgirl.wordpress.com
                            System
                            79987 Posts
                            15 years, 8 months ago
                            this is another one of those nick shows that i remember likeing as a small kid and loving now. the "off beat humor"works so well for this show. i cant think of anybody who wouldnt like this show......kid or grown up....although i think young adults will appreciate it the most.

the colorfull over the top characters peppered through out each episode is what really draws me into the adventures of the brothers pete and pete.

musical tallents can be spotted often playing both small and large rolls in this show.

i got the first 2 seasonal box sets cuz thats all those nick mofos will release. they cancled season 3 (the last season).....something about re-management for whoever produces the NICK REWIND dvds..idk. i just hope they quit dickin around and finish what they started. they seem to have no problem releasing dvds for shows that are still on tv. :!:
                              System
                              79987 Posts
                              15 years, 7 months ago
                              i have the first season on dvd. that show had great cameo's like michael stipe as the icecream man ( i cant remember his name, but it was in the episode where mr. tastee goes missing). . did you all know that mr. tastee was played by tobee huss (aka artee the strongest man in the world)? and you could get a polaris cassette in a box of cereal or osmething to that effect... i could go on and on about pete and pete. but i wont.
                                System
                                79987 Posts
                                15 years, 7 months ago
                                hsmith98

i'm friends with Danny (little pete)....there is the cutest picture of him when he was little (like P&P season 1) of him showing off his tatoo hanging in their kitchen.
                                  System
                                  79987 Posts
                                  15 years, 7 months ago
                                  are you really? in the show he had a big ass clipper ship on his back too! that was rad! :P
                                    System
                                    79987 Posts
                                    15 years, 7 months ago
                                    highjacd
                                    hsmith98

i'm friends with Danny (little pete)....there is the cutest picture of him when he was little (like P&P season 1) of him showing off his tatoo hanging in their kitchen.

petuna was her name
                                      System
                                      79987 Posts
                                      15 years, 7 months ago
                                      caddydaddyfleetwood
                                      are you really? in the show he had a big ass clipper ship on his back too! that was rad! :P

yes i am...no joke. i've known him for about 15 years.
                                        System
                                        79987 Posts
                                        15 years, 7 months ago
                                        Still waiting for the Season Three set!
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss