System
79987 Posts
16 years, 10 months ago
Anyone remember this show from the 90's that I believe aired on Fox? I checked the search option and was surprised no one has mentioned it yet (unless they have and I'm a complete idiot!) It only lasted one season if I remember correctly but was a great show that didnt get its due. Anyone? lol
    iamsjn
    49 Posts
    16 years, 10 months ago
    This show never got the credit it deserved. I loved this show. Unfortunately the show was cancelled after only 24 episodes. In my opinion, it's DEFINATELY DVD worthy. Should it come out, I'll certainly be adding it to my collection!

LONG LIVE THE TANKS!!

Abandon All Hope,
    SjN
    "Phineas J. Whoopee, you're the greatest!"
    --SjN
      System
      79987 Posts
      16 years, 4 months ago
      I agree space above and beyond never got the credit it deserved and should never have been cancelled so prematurely. Unfortunately Fox has continued cancelling fantastic series long before their time with dark Angel and more recently Firefly and John Doe.

Well at least there was 24 eps made including the feature-length pilot. :D

Since the last post on this thread space above and beyond has been released on DVD so you can relive your memories of 58th squadron kicking Chig ass :D

"Shuffle up the Wild Cards... And deal them!"
        System
        79987 Posts
        16 years, 4 months ago
        Man, that show was thoed..I definitely remember that...I hate they cut-off without fully explaining the creatures they were fighting..
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 4 months ago
          yeah! i remember that the season finale was a total cliffhanger episode where 2 people were going to crash into a planet and one of the main characters died and i think that one other character was left adrift in space......i wanted the show to continue cause i wanted to know what happened to them... :(
            System
            79987 Posts
            16 years, 4 months ago
            80scartoonsrock
            yeah! i remember that the season finale was a total cliffhanger episode where 2 people were going to crash into a planet and one of the main characters died and i think that one other character was left adrift in space......i wanted the show to continue cause i wanted to know what happened to them... :(

In the season finale Vansen & Damphouse (spelling??) were going to crash-land into the planet below. Wang was the character who couldn't get back into the APC, ejected the cargo part he was in and died shooting down Chig fighters. There wasn't any character left adrift in Space.

I really wanted to show to continue as well, in fact I would still like to see more of the Space Sbove And Beyond World. It would be really cool if the series creators decided to make a TV movie or even a mini-series set after the season one finale.

Have any of you guys bought the DVDs?
              16 years, 4 months ago
              I always intended to watch this show, yet never did. I used to watch a lot of Fox back then (X-Files, Sliders, Mantis, Simpsons, etc etc), and I must have seen like 100 commercials for it. Oh well.
              I know you are, but what am I?
                System
                79987 Posts
                16 years, 4 months ago
                I loved this show. I'm glad you brought up this topic.
                  ataristic
                  493 Posts
                  16 years, 4 months ago
                  this show was the reason i got dish network back in 1999. my local cable did not carry scify. loved it. too bad i did not record it back then. im sure it can be found on ebay
                    System
                    79987 Posts
                    16 years, 4 months ago
                    I always intended to watch this show, yet never did. I used to watch a lot of Fox back then (X-Files, Sliders, Mantis, Simpsons, etc etc), and I must have seen like 100 commercials for it. Oh well.

well you can catch up now & enjoy SAAB either by buying the DVDs or if you're in the States you could rent them. :D

im sure it can be found on ebay

Why would you buy them from eBay when you can get legitimate copies from any number of internet stores? eg amazon

Anyway I'm so glad to see so many fans of this classic show! It's just a shame that Fox didn't provide any decent extras even though the production company Hard Eight , who made the series, said they would pay for any audio commentaries and featurettes.

The only extras on the DVDs are TV spots/trailers that originally aired in 1995/96
                      An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss