System
79987 Posts
16 years, 9 months ago
Hey does anybody remember from the 80's these bracelets that appeared to be flat and rigid like a ruler and you slap them on your wrist and they would make a bracelet form on ur wrist, do they still exist? :P
    System
    79987 Posts
    16 years, 9 months ago
    slap bracelets. i hated those things... they always broke.
      Badkitty
      912 Posts
      16 years, 9 months ago
      They were called slap bracelets, and were all over the place around the late 80's early 90's, something like that. They are still available through party stores like Oriental trading company.

I don't know about you, Miss Kitty, but I feel so much... yummier
        System
        79987 Posts
        16 years, 9 months ago
        I remember those, liked them but they seemed to break easy, exposing the metal inside. I remember hearing they went off the general market because they weren't safe.
          TheNighthaw
          69 Posts
          16 years, 9 months ago
          I used to have some of those, like a neon green and black checkered one, and hot pink, haha. Is it just me or did those things like seriously hurt sometimes?
            Cyber_Bishop
            2440 Posts
            16 years, 9 months ago
            My sisters used to have these.. They were annoying because they always broke.
            Ker click... Choom..
              System
              79987 Posts
              16 years, 9 months ago
              Oh yeah I remember those. THey used to sell them at my school during recess. But then there was the story that some girl cut her wrists when the metal tore throught the fabric so they stopped selling them.
              End of 80's fad #211.
                System
                79987 Posts
                16 years, 9 months ago
                metal?

the ones i had were plastic.
                  System
                  79987 Posts
                  16 years, 9 months ago
                  Truth is I never saw the inside of those bracelettes. It was just a story that I believed was true.

Could have been Urban Legend #189
                    System
                    79987 Posts
                    16 years, 9 months ago
                    i'm wearing one right now and there is a little beanie baby on the top
                    i'll send a picture as soon as possible
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      16 years, 9 months ago
                      I remember those things but was never into them.
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        16 years, 9 months ago
                        You can also buy them at stores like "Claires" , "Delias", "The Icing" (all owned by the same company). They're usually in malls and have stuff for pre-teens & teenagers. They're usually in the .99 cent bins up front :roll:
                          System
                          79987 Posts
                          16 years, 9 months ago
                          i think there's a Claire's at the mall i have to go to this afternoon... i'll check that out, haha.
                            System
                            79987 Posts
                            16 years, 9 months ago
                            They were slap bracelets. I hated em. They hurt like hell when you slapped em hard to get them to curl around your wrist. Plus they broke all the time! :shock:
                              hsmith98
                              3097 Posts
                              15 years, 9 months ago
                              I first saw them when I was 10, about the same time those bubble neclaces came out. I remember giving slap braclets as favors at my party. Now kids all wear the LIVESTRONG knockoffs.
                                sizz_leteen
                                596 Posts
                                15 years, 9 months ago
                                I have two Tommy Hilfiger ones that came with a TH cosmetics promotion about 6 years ago.
                                I am deranged, but so, so playful!
                                -SDJJ
                                  An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss