System
79987 Posts
16 years, 9 months ago
does any1 have the Garfield and Friends Theme song

its starts out like this

"ladies and gentlemen, GARLAND Friends"

( its says GARLAND because it has a little editing in it)

i need the version where it says GARLAND
    System
    79987 Posts
    16 years, 9 months ago
    beefstew
    does any1 have the Garfield and Friends Theme song

its starts out like this

"ladies and gentlemen, GARLAND Friends"

( its says GARLAND because it has a little editing in it)

i need the version where it says GARLAND

Garfield and Friends had two theme songs. The original was the "Friends are there" song. I am not sure of the second one.
      bleukeekat
      407 Posts
      16 years, 9 months ago
      the second song is:

were (were)
      ready (ready)
      to (to)

PARTY!!!!!

we're ready to party we're ready, i hope you bring lots of spaghetti

come on in come to the palce where fun never ends
      come on in it's time to party with garfield and friends

i like the original one better
      miaow >^..^<

Oh dear I've re-dorkulated!
        Captain_N
        787 Posts
        16 years, 9 months ago
        Does anyone remember U.S acres. I think it was also known as Orson's farm. Orson was a pig.
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 9 months ago
          Captain_N
          Does anyone remember U.S acres. I think it was also known as Orson's farm. Orson was a pig.

of course, what a great show. (actually, half of a show)
            System
            79987 Posts
            16 years, 9 months ago
            Matthew1278
            Garfield and Friends had two theme songs. The original was the "Friends are there" song. I am not sure of the second one.

wow, I completely forgot about the "friends are there" song. that was awesome. i could only remember the newer one.

here's the link to one song http://www.computerfeet.com/files/Theme%20-%20Garfield%20and%20Friends.mp3
              System
              79987 Posts
              16 years, 9 months ago
              Captain_N

I remember reading that comic strip.
                System
                79987 Posts
                16 years, 9 months ago
                bleukeekat
                i like the original one better

Same here
                  skaterboy572
                  135 Posts
                  16 years, 9 months ago
                  i have it all on dvd :mrgreen:
                    bleukeekat
                    407 Posts
                    16 years, 9 months ago
                    me too:) my best friend bought it for me for my bday, we still watch/sing/quote it:)

here are the lyrics (memory might be hazy) garfield in lower case US ACRES IN CAPS:)

friends are there-TO HELP YOU GET STARTED TO GIVE YOU A PUSH ON YOUR WAYYY

friends are there - TO TURN YOU AROUND GET YOUR FEET ON THE GROUND FOR A BRAND NEW DAYYY

they'll pick you up when your down, help you swallow your pride with something inside, help you break on through to the other side

friends are someone you can open up to-WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE READY TO FLIP

when you've got the world on your shoulders-FRIENDS ARE THERE TO GIVE YOU A TIP

friends are there when you need them, they're even there when you dont

FOR A WALK IN THE PARK OR A SHOT IN THE DARK-FRIENDS ARE THERE (i dont care) BUT FRIENDS WILL CARE FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUUU-UUUUUU!!

Lanolin actually sang a bit of the theme song in an episode once 'friends are there to help you get started and once you get started who needs em"

jim davis did both comics actually, he prolly put acres in the cartoon so more people would discover the comic i suspect

man i miss that show.
                    miaow >^..^<

Oh dear I've re-dorkulated!
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      16 years, 9 months ago
                      there was one song on orson,s farm that i loved it was when Roy was insulting everyone and sings about his weight does anyone know where to download the songs from Garfield and Friends/Orson's Farm
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        16 years, 9 months ago
                        I loved that show.
                          NickMania
                          1037 Posts
                          16 years, 9 months ago
                          I loved Garfield and friends it was one of the best cartoon shows ever!
                            RaZZu
                            408 Posts
                            16 years, 9 months ago
                            Thanks for the intro, it is up on the site now http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/36/
                            And now for something completely different................
                              NickMania
                              1037 Posts
                              16 years, 9 months ago
                              Your Very Welcome! :D
                                System
                                79987 Posts
                                16 years, 9 months ago
                                Garfield and Friends still comes on. On satellite. At 2am. But it comes on, nonetheless...
                                  System
                                  79987 Posts
                                  16 years, 8 months ago
                                  Does anyone remember the third intro to Garfield and Friends? It appeared on the very last season. When it was aired on CBS

It went something like

He's Hip and He's Fuuuuuuunky.

That's all I remember.
                                    Mystie
                                    1132 Posts
                                    16 years, 8 months ago
                                    It's still on Toon Disney as well. I love Garfield and Friends. I remember when I was a kid and wrote to Jim Davis he wrote me back and told me to make sure I watch Garfield and Friends. I keep the letter all safe in my drawer. It's from back in like '93. Got his actual signature on it, too. You can tell cuz the marker bleeds through the paper. A very nice treasure. :D
                                      System
                                      79987 Posts
                                      15 years, 7 months ago
                                      I remember this one episode where Orson pig was shelving his books. Anyway he kept putting away books that said Dejavu the sensation that you are doing something you have done before. My sister who was six at the time said she didn't get the title of the books Days are blue the sensation you are doing something you have done before. I corrected her but from that day on when ever anyone in our family says Dejavu someone always says days are blue.
                                        JP
                                        1826 Posts
                                        15 years, 7 months ago
                                        gdonnell19
                                        Does anyone remember the third intro to Garfield and Friends? It appeared on the very last season. When it was aired on CBS

It went something like

He's Hip and He's Fuuuuuuunky.

That's all I remember.

Here's a site that has it. Caution: Bad Rapping :lol:

http://www.platypuscomix.net/onlyme/garfpage.html
                                        What is popular isn't always right; What is Right isn't always popular.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss