System
79987 Posts
16 years, 9 months ago
Hallo all,

First, just want to say that this site is BRILL! Second, hoping that some of you out there will know more about a show I remember from the mid 80s / early 90's. It was about this family and their daughter was a robot, but nobody else knew she was a robot. I think the girl had shortish black hair but I'm not sure. I can remember sometimes they would have to fix her and her parents would open this secret flap on her back and fiddle with some wires.

I've had a quick search amongst your forums but I can't find it anywhere, and its really been bugging me because my sister can't remember the show at all and keeps thinking I've made it all up! So can anyone help me out? Was it real or did I just dream it?

Chaz Jazz
    Derrick
    580 Posts
    16 years, 9 months ago
    Small Wonder
    WHAT?
      System
      79987 Posts
      16 years, 9 months ago
      I remember that show. I think she had to pick up the couch at least once per episode. One time she fell into a pool and had to be taken to the hospital to keep up appearences, and the x-ray showed some old nintendo innards or something.
        Mystie
        1132 Posts
        16 years, 9 months ago
        I have some episodes that i swear must be like 10th gen, but one episode actually has Jesse the Body Ventura in it.
          mikee_kid12
          640 Posts
          16 years, 9 months ago
          For the longest time I couldn't remember the shows name as well. But in an old issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly there was an article about a Small Wonder game and what it would be like or something. I actually liked this show, pushing all of the creepiness aside. I wonder if it will come out on DVD soon, hmmmmmmm................ :?
            TMNT
            5203 Posts
            16 years, 9 months ago
            it like My life as a teenage robot but it not I remember that show lot.
              mikee_kid12
              640 Posts
              16 years, 9 months ago
              Life as a Teenage Robot is just one of the many shows on Nickelodeon that are making the network suck more and more. :(
                TMNT
                5203 Posts
                16 years, 9 months ago
                mikee_kid12
                Life as a Teenage Robot is just one of the many shows on Nickelodeon that are making the network suck more and more. :(

:D That is sooo true Mikee_kid12 :D
                  System
                  79987 Posts
                  16 years, 9 months ago
                  Thank you guys! Typed Small Wonder into the good old Google search and found the show straight away!

Like Ronald MacKinnon, I think I can also remember her picking up sofas and all kinds of crazy stuff. Hope they repeat it one day - I would love to see it again.

Cheers gang! x[/url]
                    TMNT
                    5203 Posts
                    16 years, 9 months ago
                    Hey Chaz_Jazz please do not post two time ok just one time of it need you and edited the post you made before.
                      True
                      391 Posts
                      16 years, 9 months ago
                      One of my favorite childhood tv shows was Small Wonder.
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        16 years, 9 months ago
                        this definetly one of my favorite shows. They should but it on nick at nite
                          Afficial
                          141 Posts
                          16 years, 9 months ago
                          did anyone read the show summary on this site about Small Wonder? It's totally all wrong, as it says Vicki was sent to earth by lesbian alien robots and that her name stands for "Very Important Clit Inciter" :?
                            Mystie
                            1132 Posts
                            16 years, 9 months ago
                            Afficial
                            did anyone read the show summary on this site about Small Wonder? It's totally all wrong, as it says Vicki was sent to earth by lesbian alien robots and that her name stands for "Very Important Clit Inciter" :?

HAAAAAAAHAHA! That is totally funny. I never even noticed...
                              System
                              79987 Posts
                              16 years, 9 months ago
                              I hated that little neighbour kid Harriet. I wanted to choke her with her pig tails :lol:
                                System
                                79987 Posts
                                16 years, 9 months ago
                                the wierdest thing was that Small Wonder talked like a 1960's sci-fi robot. Also when she would 'break'... creepy. Why would you make a little girl robot anyway? wouldn't you expect scientists to create a woman one a la Wierd science? Creepy as well IMO!
                                  mikee_kid12
                                  640 Posts
                                  16 years, 9 months ago
                                  Well, the father in the show worked for a computer company and designed the girl to clean up the house and what have you, maybe suck your javalon and tend to manly needs..........that thought is creepy...... :?
                                    System
                                    79987 Posts
                                    16 years, 9 months ago
                                    mikee_kid12
                                    Well, the father in the show worked for a computer company and designed the girl to clean up the house and what have you, maybe suck your javalon and tend to manly needs..........that thought is creepy...... :?
                                    The show was based in Japan?
                                    ZING.
                                      System
                                      79987 Posts
                                      16 years, 9 months ago
                                      I hated this show on soo many levels. I hated the neighbor as well.ESP. her voice.
                                        Mystie
                                        1132 Posts
                                        16 years, 9 months ago
                                        I remember one episode Vicki's brother was all like, "Oh never mind, just forget everything!" and Vicki totally erased her memory. Classic.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss