mikee_kid12
640 Posts
16 years, 9 months ago
Who else went crazy for this shit? I loved the books, and the show, it was just a heap of fun. The wierd thing is that everyone liked Goosebumps, the losers and the jocks, the preps and the geeks, everyone. Their were a few that just didn't get the hype, and one day the whole thing just, well, ended!

I bring this up because I was moving some of my books out of my closet and one dropped on the floor, The Haunted Mask, which was one of my favorites. And does nayone remember the movie version of that same book? It creeped the hell ot of me.
    System
    79987 Posts
    16 years, 9 months ago
    Yeah I remember it being good. Anyone remember the episode (forgot the title) with the green oozing blob, and it would come after the people and i think it almost got them in a close call, on either a bus or airplane! WHEW!
      System
      79987 Posts
      16 years, 9 months ago
      I used to be crazy for 'em. Then the TV show came out and it slowly donned on me... it was all pretty formulaic. But I was older then and no longer the key audience. Sold my books at a yard sale.
        System
        79987 Posts
        16 years, 9 months ago
        Good books and a fun tv show. Brought us some nice twist endings before M. Night was "seeing dead people".
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 9 months ago
          I loved the goosebumps books. I actually enjoyed the ones where u could choose the ending more than any of the originals. Every new one that came out, I just had to have it. My two faves: "tick tock ur dead" and "beware of the purple peanut butter".
            System
            79987 Posts
            16 years, 9 months ago
            I used to *love* goosebumps books, especially how every one of them had a sort of twist ending to them.

However, as I grew older, I began to lose interest, then, I just stopped caring.
              13 years, 6 months ago
              Oh please, I was a Goosebumps fanatic! I use to read a book a day and also watch the show. My favorite one was the Say Cheese & Die one. That creeped me out.
              Visit my '80s blog, subscribe, comment, etc -> http://msoldschool.livejournal.com/
                blueluigi
                3338 Posts
                13 years, 6 months ago
                ANOTHER necrobump? Geez, how many of these threads are you gonna bump?
                  13 years, 6 months ago
                  blueluigi
                  ANOTHER necrobump? Geez, how many of these threads are you gonna bump?

Better qestion is, what does it matter to you?
                  Visit my '80s blog, subscribe, comment, etc -> http://msoldschool.livejournal.com/
                    System
                    79987 Posts
                    13 years, 6 months ago
                    I'm surprised a thread about Goosebumps died so quickly (although I guess that means there must have been lots of threads just like this one). Anyway, I used to own every book in the series from "Welcome to Dead House" up to "How to Kill a Monster".
                      13 years, 6 months ago
                      retromaniac
                      I'm surprised a thread about Goosebumps died so quickly (although I guess that means there must have been lots of threads just like this one). Anyway, I used to own every book in the series from "Welcome to Dead House" up to "How to Kill a Monster".

Yeah, im anxious to find all the books that I had. I know they're somewhere in my basement. Welcome To Dead House was a good one!
                        Forgotten_sin
                        889 Posts
                        13 years, 6 months ago
                        www.bloggerbeware.com

pretty good blog that reviews all the books in the series. right now they're halfway through the series 2000 books.

Check out my blog.
                        http://tooncrap.blogspot.com/
                          speed601
                          37 Posts
                          13 years, 2 months ago
                          yeah i read the one about the mutant or something like that but when the shows came out it was awesome and sometimes in october on cartoon network and i watch them and there not really scary any more
                            13 years, 2 months ago
                            My firend is directing an amature film version of the first book, Welcome to Dead House, done in the style of a 70s "grindhouse" movie for a double feature we're putting together with my homage to 50s alien invasion flicks.

I owned pretty much every book in the series. They were ranged from weird (Beast from the East), to classic horror (Welcome to Dead House), to some fun original stuff (Shocker on Shock Street), but always had a great twist at the end, much like EC's horror comics from the 50s. They had that fun, pulpy quality missing from kid's horror books today. Now it's all milquetoast "mystery" stories about fourth graders in a school that they think is haunted, but no one believes them. Same old, same old... :roll:
                              Marleene
                              3 Posts
                              13 years, 2 months ago
                              THE HAUNTED MASK!!!
                              duude i still own the movie:))
                                System
                                79987 Posts
                                13 years, 2 months ago
                                The first Goosebumps story I've read was "The Phantom Of The Auditorium".
                                  homeboyrich
                                  110 Posts
                                  13 years, 2 months ago
                                  I totally loved the books growing up, its was the sole purpose for me getting a library card same with where's waldo, I was a big fan of the show, watched it all the time. they need to release the series on dvd, so i can pass it down to my future children
                                  Join the facebook group "THE ZONE AWARENESS" where the 90's live on and on or check out www.RichyOmony.Blogspot.com
                                    An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss