Predaking
920 Posts
16 years, 9 months ago
Do any of you guys/gals ever have fond memories of a movie, song, video game etc. only to see it again and realize your memory of it was better than reality.

There are many but here is one example of my memory being better than reality.

Clash of the Titans - I remembered Medusa and and the Pegasus being so cool but when I saw the movie again I was like 'huh'.
    Edymnion
    2304 Posts
    16 years, 9 months ago
    The Princess from Neverending Story. For years, I remembered her as being really hot, and having a thing for her. Saw it again a few years ago and went "Uh, crap, she's like.... 8." So much for that one! :P

Or remembering that Silverhawks was really, really cool.
    And renting videos of it again here a few years ago, and realizing it was just a really bad cop show...

TheWizard241
      455 Posts
      16 years, 9 months ago

theres still hope Edymnion
        System
        79987 Posts
        16 years, 9 months ago
        Edymnion
        The Princess from Neverending Story. For years, I remembered her as being really hot, and having a thing for her. Saw it again a few years ago and went "Uh, crap, she's like.... 8." So much for that one! :P

Or remembering that Silverhawks was really, really cool.
        And renting videos of it again here a few years ago, and realizing it was just a really bad cop show...

Still convinced it's a just bad cop show? Now I'm gonna have to watch a few episodes. I remember really digging it years ago, but now I'm wondering. Atleast the intro kicked ass.
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 9 months ago
          Alot of the old cartoon I thought were awsome back then. I mean some of them have plots so similair to another I can't believe I would sit there and watch them when I was younger.
            System
            79987 Posts
            16 years, 9 months ago
            My memory totally failed me when it came to the Ultra Man movies...Geese what a difference 25 years makes..
              Daniel85
              1699 Posts
              16 years, 9 months ago
              I recently obtained a couple of episodes of Widget the World Watcher on tape, and I was really pumped to hear the theme song again. My memory of it was that it was an awesome power ballad, but it was pretty pedestrian.
                pikachulover
                2944 Posts
                16 years, 9 months ago
                "Dreamlover" I don't know when I was little I really liked that song now I can't really stand listening to it.

The Smurfs I really liked it when I was little, but now that I watch it again. I don't like it as much as I use to.
                  Edymnion
                  2304 Posts
                  16 years, 9 months ago
                  TheWizard241
                  theres still hope Edymnion
                  Wow, a cute girl actress that actually grew up into someone that was still attractive! Unlike Angelina Jolie... :P

Except for that receding hairline, thit is :shock:

Lucas2600b
                    82 Posts
                    16 years, 9 months ago
                    I would have to say "Spaced Invaders" is one of the movies I thought I'd love to see again, but now I have to have a few beers before I throw this one in the DVD player again 8)
                    "YEAH YEAH!!!! THIS WAS THE HOLE THAT WAS FILLED WITH WATER WHERE WE HAD TO SAVE THE VIRGIN THAT WAS GETTING EATEN BY THE GIANT SNAKE!!!!"
                    -"Dragnet" (1987)
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      16 years, 9 months ago
                      I remember Astroboy being the most badass and violent show ever created. Then I bought the tapes.
                      Still surprisingly violent, but still an 80s cartoon (although really well written).
                        16 years, 9 months ago
                        The movie Explorers, which I watched and loved as a kid, I kind of really dislike now...lol...I read somewhere that it was never finished, and the studio released it before the rest of the shooting could get done. Looking at it today, I can sort of see that. Also, the Super Mario Brothers Super Show is just this side of watchable. I mean when I first started watching the shows again online (here: http://yahooligans.yahoo.com/content/tv/ (if you haven't found this place yet GO)) I was amazed at how cheesy and predictable it all is. However, the Legend of Zelda segments are just as good as I remember. Now I know why that was the main reason I used to love Fridays (I was very young, and school wasn't bad yet)!
                        I know you are, but what am I?
                          System
                          79987 Posts
                          16 years, 9 months ago
                          I agree with Smurfs. Used to love them and and to watch now bores me to tears.
                            System
                            79987 Posts
                            16 years, 9 months ago
                            the movie time badits for me was awesome when i was young id watch it all the time but now it pretty much puts me to sleep
                              System
                              79987 Posts
                              16 years, 2 months ago
                              I'm terrified to watch the old TMNT cartoons or the first movie and see that it is now just a silly, stupid movie!

On the other hand, I watched Thundercats a few weeks back and saw that it was just as good as I remembered :-)
                                An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss