System
79987 Posts
16 years, 8 months ago
I was surfing on my dish a few nights ago and found this old classic on.I was a little shocked when I found it,seeing how it has been almost ten years since I'd seen Heavy Metal last :lol: I still loved the show with the World War II pilot and the one where the nerd goes to the other planet and basicly becomes Conan the Barbarian,voiced by the late John Candy if I'm not mistaken :lol:
    System
    79987 Posts
    16 years, 8 months ago
    Yes, it was John Candy. It almost brought a tear to my eye to hear him talking. I miss that guy.

It seems that B-17 is everyone's favorite short in that collection. Which is kind of funny. Because it's the only one which doesn't have naked boobs in it.

I picked it up on DVD. Worth it if you can get it for cheap.
      izumi
      319 Posts
      16 years, 8 months ago
      me my self never did like the b-52 one i did like the one where the chick went to space mostely beacuse the voice of the pink alien was egon from ghost busters
        System
        79987 Posts
        16 years, 8 months ago
        yeah I resaw it last year. This movie of short episode is great. Did anyone get the chance to watch the secret episode after the ending credits. Its really deep. Its the evolution men with that glowing rock.
        My favorite one was with the taxi driver.

Also avoid the new heavy metal movie. Heavy metal 2000 or 3000. Its for kids none of the girls show there boobs and there is nothing deep to it.
          GrimmBilly
          211 Posts
          16 years, 8 months ago
          Heavy Metal was an awesome movie for it's time. I remember seeing it in high school for the first time, back in '93 I think. The WW2 segment was my favorite as well.

grandmasterflash
          Also avoid the new heavy metal movie. Heavy metal 2000 or 3000. Its for kids none of the girls show there boobs and there is nothing deep to it.

Heavy Metal 2000 is definetly not for kids and does have a decent amount of nudity. That being said, do avoid it because it's animation if awful, even compared to the original which is practicaly 20 years older.
          " I still function! "
          - Megatron
            System
            79987 Posts
            16 years, 8 months ago
            izumi
            me my self never did like the b-52 one
            Actually, in the Heavy Metal short the pilot was flying a B-17 Flying Fortress, not a B-52.The latter didn't appear until at least a decade after the former.
              System
              79987 Posts
              16 years, 8 months ago
              I bought this on VHS several years ago. The evolution clip was cut for time constraints, which is sad because even in its rough form you can see that it would have been one of the best pieces in the movie.

I never saw Heavy Metal 2000 because from the description it didn't seem to have anything to do with the original, except that it's animated and has lots of heavy metal on the soundtrack. I did buy the soundtrack, though, because the band Zilch had a song on it, and I was heavily into hide and X Japan at the time. The rest of the soundtrack was junk, though, and I think I ended up throwing it away. I still have the original movie's soundtrack and score around here somewhere, though.
                izumi
                319 Posts
                16 years, 8 months ago
                lol was talking about the heavy metal espiode about when the plan crash and people turn into zombies never did like that one and whats Heavy Metal 3000 about
                  System
                  79987 Posts
                  16 years, 8 months ago
                  If you end up. watching it again dont forget the evolution episode after the ending credits. heavy metal i surely a retro classic.
                    izumi
                    319 Posts
                    16 years, 8 months ago
                    does any one know what heave metal 3000 is about
                      GrimmBilly
                      211 Posts
                      16 years, 8 months ago
                      izumi
                      does any one know what heave metal 3000 is about

I've never heard of heavy metal 3000. Heavy Metal 2000 came out a few years ago. The only real link between it and the orginal was the green rock. In HM 2K a miner finds the green rock and it makes him crazy. It turns out to be a key to the fountain of youth or immortality or something like that. It's never really said if it's the "loc-nar" from the original movie though.
                      " I still function! "
                      - Megatron
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        16 years, 8 months ago
                        I think it was about a character whos home planet was destroyed by evil aliens. Julie Strain was the voice for the lead character.
                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss