16 years, 8 months ago
I always liked the show boy meets world until they made it stupid. when it started out it was a great show. and then when they dropped mincus and added mr. turner, harley, joey franky, the show got even better. but then they dropped most of these great characters and added stupid ones like shawn's brother, angella, and the red headed chick. the show lost its humor. the laugh track would laugh at every little thing even though it wasn't funny and on parts got over dramatic. I was wondring if everybody else who watched this show felt the same way.
    System
    79987 Posts
    16 years, 8 months ago
    The show just had to change to fit the people who where watching. Could you really watch these kids acting the same as they did in junior high school? They had to grow as we did. Did you really think the show would have lasted as long as it did if minces and Mr. Turner had stuck around? They were dropped because they were unimportant to the main story.
    I personally like their time in collage. I like the interaction between Shawn and his brother. And these years focused on Shawn more. Which was a breath of fresh air. Cause really the high school break up story lasted to long. What can I say I’m a sucker for red heads.
      16 years, 8 months ago
      hi.well that red head chick was hot! but her and angella, and shawn's brother didn't seem to fit with the other characters until they dumbed down the original characters. I disagree when you say that mr. turner wasn't important to the main story: remember when mr. turner and shawn lived together. they developed a strong friendship. now I know that shawn moved back home when mr. turner was still on but they were still good friends. I think the last episode with turner was the one where he wrecked his bike and shawn was upset. and then on an episode after turner left when mincus shows up briefly, mincus says "hey mr. turner wait up!" and shawn and cory squint down the hallway. now I know that was just a joke for the show but it seems weird that shawn wouldn't bother with mr. turner anymore.
        System
        79987 Posts
        16 years, 8 months ago
        Don't get me wrong Mr.Turner did hid thing while on the show but we all knew he wasn't going to last till shows end. His time on the show was great but could you imagain what they would have had him do if he stayed onboard till the end.

Question, Was the sister always there? I remember her in the begining but mid way through I don't remember seeing her. I know i saw her in the last year so she didn't just vanish.
          16 years, 8 months ago
          do you mean corey and eric's sister morgan? if so then yeah she was there most of the show at least of the episodes I saw (stopped watching most of the new ones) they had the original actress who played morgan and then I think there were some episodes where she didn't appear at all. then all of a sudden they replaced her with the other morgan actress. they even made an inside joke on the show I think the first time the 2nd morgan appeared because they had morgan come down from her room and she made a comment saying that she was in her room for a really long time or something like that.
            System
            79987 Posts
            16 years, 8 months ago
            The show was my favorite show on TGIF it was cool at first even throught out most of the high school episodes

But once it started turning all Emo i just lost intrest. Mostly through out the last year of high school and the begining of college. it wasnt even that funny anymore Eric was an idiot. his character was overexagerated. and everything else was overDramatic.
              System
              79987 Posts
              16 years, 8 months ago
              This always happens to shows. The stories get too dramatic and too farfetched. The comedy isn’t there anymore.
                System
                79987 Posts
                16 years, 8 months ago
                yea i have to agree.. the show got WAY too much like a soap opera. i used to love the show in the junior high and some of the high school years..
                  System
                  79987 Posts
                  16 years, 8 months ago
                  When Corey's Brother moved in with Shawn's Brother, the show sort of did start to go downhill, but I was still a loyal watcher. IT was much better than alot of the other shows on at the time :)
                    System
                    79987 Posts
                    16 years, 8 months ago
                    Mark_McCormick
                    When Corey's Brother moved in with Shawn's Brother, the show sort of did start to go downhill, but I was still a loyal watcher. IT was much better than alot of the other shows on at the time :)

-yeah the shows still cool, i watch the reruns (especially when its a show you grow up with) i just think towards the end it wasnt as good as the begining.
                      avaitor
                      789 Posts
                      16 years, 8 months ago
                      i never loved the first season.it was the same routine.cory has a problem at either school or at home,eric thnks he's too ''grown-up'' to worry about little cory's problems,so he worrys about his parttime job at his dad's place.then cory go through some kind of funny adventre,when he learns his lesson and explains it in mr.feeney's class.it got much better when eric got stupid and when they were in college.i miss it so. :cry:
                        jpsmooth
                        60 Posts
                        16 years, 8 months ago
                        thats wass a great show. i loved the episode when corey is freaking out like a little girl..wait..that was all of them.

ps its all about college topenga
                          16 years, 8 months ago
                          I wonder if they got new writers or something that the show started to suck. They should have kept it the same but instead they changed everything. if they knew they were gonna do that they should have just cancelled the show. now we gotta deal with some of the bad episodes in reruns instead of having all good episodes!!
                            Zuckuss
                            21 Posts
                            16 years, 4 months ago
                            nintendoisawesome
                            I always liked the show boy meets world until they made it stupid. when it started out it was a great show. and then when they dropped mincus and added mr. turner, harley, joey franky, the show got even better. but then they dropped most of these great characters and added stupid ones like shawn's brother, angella, and the red headed chick. the show lost its humor. the laugh track would laugh at every little thing even though it wasn't funny and on parts got over dramatic. I was wondring if everybody else who watched this show felt the same way.

The main reason for me that the show went down hill is that, Cory didn't really meet Topanga til the end of season 1. But in one of the last seasons, the show stated that Cory and Topanga were boyfriend/girlfriend since kindergarten. And that makes no sense.
                              System
                              79987 Posts
                              16 years, 4 months ago
                              Anyone ever catch the episode where the red head is in a purple silk nighty, and she either sits down on the couch or someone pushes her down, and for a quick second you can see all the way to china town.

I caught it once and went :oops:
                                sewage
                                835 Posts
                                16 years, 4 months ago
                                I remember when they had an episode when Scream came out, it was funny :lol:
                                Michaelangelo: Wise man say, "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza".
                                  SSJ_Jup81
                                  4806 Posts
                                  16 years, 3 months ago
                                  IMO, the show started to go downhill, for me, round about season 3. I hated the fact that Minkus wasn't on there anymore (even though, it's probably due to the fact that he did the Torklesons), I hated the fact that the comedy aspect of the show seemed to have been dropped dramatically, and I hated the fact that Topanga was no longer "weird" or "unique", as I liked to call her. She was also quite individual; she lost this when season 2 started up, and it just got worse as the show went on.

I hated the way Corey's character seemed to change from the wise-guy to the, "whipped by Topanga" guy.

The worst part, though, is the fact that the show itself just became some teen-drama show. I loved season 1, and still do in fact, and am "cool" with season 2...but past there, I just couldn't enjoy it like I once did.
                                    Cybertooth85
                                    76 Posts
                                    16 years, 3 months ago
                                    I never watched for the humor. Or the characterization. Or even dialogue.

I watched for Topanga.

'Nuff Said.
                                    "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the good deeds along with the ill, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence."
                                      anglslife
                                      992 Posts
                                      16 years, 3 months ago
                                      I think it was after Cory and Topanga got married that it really started to go downhill. Thats how they should have ended the show, instead of incorporating it into the last season.
                                      Dot: Don't look down. You might fall and hit your head and die and your brains would leak out alllllll over.

Me:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/anglslife/Copyofbeautyshotcopy.jpg
                                        retrofan24
                                        23 Posts
                                        16 years, 1 month ago
                                        IMO the first season was the best season of that show.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss