System
79987 Posts
16 years, 8 months ago
remember in the 80's, when you could get gumballs and little candies from a Gumball machine for 5 and 10 cents? I remember the odd time, you could get a little tiny joke book or little tattoos instead of gum, but it was very rare that you did get one

Then they came out with the 25 cent machines where you could get stuff like sticky hands, or those little rubber things that you turn inside out and watch them pop up.

Nowadays, they cost a buck :(
    System
    79987 Posts
    16 years, 8 months ago
    I feel your pain... I miss those sticky hands and remember those huge jawbreaker you could buy that would last for days??
      Mystie
      1132 Posts
      16 years, 8 months ago
      Sticky hands? PBBBTTT!! What about Wacky Wall Walkers? I wish they still made those soooo bad. Dr Fad should sell them on his site.
        System
        79987 Posts
        16 years, 8 months ago
        GeekRocker
        I feel your pain... I miss those sticky hands and remember those huge jawbreaker you could buy that would last for days??

I never liked those giant jawbreakers. I was always afraid of choking on them :oops:

U can get them in those $1 gumball machines now
          ataristic
          493 Posts
          16 years, 8 months ago
          the gak was cool as well, for those that dont remember , it was some plastic like slime
            jadedoz
            711 Posts
            16 years, 8 months ago
            I also remember those tiny little pop ball things that you turn inside out that would go into the air. I also remember you could get these cheap plastic rings, for a time I was abseesed with these for seme reason. They also had those small brightly coloured squares of chewing gum, you would get a handful for 20c
              System
              79987 Posts
              16 years, 8 months ago
              jadedoz
              I also remember those tiny little pop ball things that you turn inside out that would go into the air. I also remember you could get these cheap plastic rings, for a time I was abseesed with these for seme reason. They also had those small brightly coloured squares of chewing gum, you would get a handful for 20c

LOL I remember those cheap plastic rings. They also had little finger handcuffs, little plastic gun keychains, and (if you were lucky enough to get one), a tiny working metal cap pistol that doubled as a keychain
                16 years, 8 months ago
                I still see those lil gooey hands all the time in the machines at Wal-Mart! :P But i do miss those flippy bubble type thingies!!! :(
                Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
                  System
                  79987 Posts
                  16 years, 8 months ago
                  what are those flip bubble pop-up thingies called anyway? I can't remember :lol:
                    System
                    79987 Posts
                    16 years, 8 months ago
                    I always look for those in the grocery. I got Family Guy stickers from one. See? It's not ALL bad these days. :)
                      Daniel85
                      1699 Posts
                      16 years, 8 months ago
                      Mark_McCormick
                      what are those flip bubble pop-up thingies called anyway? I can't remember :lol:

If they're what I'm thinking of, they were called 'Pop Balls'. I remember seeing the commercial and being consumed with the desire to own one, which cost me about $10 in hard-earned allowance. What a rip. You can make one just by cutting a tennis ball in half.
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        16 years, 8 months ago
                        5 and 10 cents? A gumball cost a penny where I lived in the 80's. The nickel machine gave you either a big gumball or three regular gumballs.
                          happy7117
                          267 Posts
                          16 years, 8 months ago
                          They still have this big Gumball Machine at Wal-Mart where
                          I live-- - 1 quarter-- gumball slides down a circular
                          ramp...

Or the 25 cent machines with skittles, or M+M's
                          at frogger's up the street!
                            16 years, 8 months ago
                            I have one of those giant gumball machines at the Wal-mart I work at too. :P :D :wink:
                            Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
                              An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss