happy7117
267 Posts
16 years, 8 months ago
Remember watching that test pattern thing-- which the colers on the screen-- I'm afraid that will probably never go away...and that
droning tone--usually comes on at 2am or 3am for certain channels....

Very hypnotizing-- puts one right to sleep!!! :D
    Afficial
    141 Posts
    16 years, 8 months ago
    If you have a remote control that you can program channels to with one button, it's fun flicking through all the channels with test patterns, because most of them have different tones and you can make songs :)
      RaZZu
      408 Posts
      16 years, 8 months ago
      And now for something completely different................
        davedirt01
        75 Posts
        16 years, 8 months ago
        I remember a time when you could see the stations going off the air with video of a flag and a recording of the national anthem. Don't see it anywhere anymore; of course I'm not up that late much anymore, either! Damn getting old! :lol:

dave- np: Miles Davis- Sketches of Spain
        "I am not complaining, but I usually don't like my filth this clean." Rick Gassko (Tom Hanks) -Bachelor Party
          Mystie
          1132 Posts
          16 years, 8 months ago
          davedirt01
          I remember a time when you could see the stations going off the air with video of a flag and a recording of the national anthem. Don't see it anywhere anymore; of course I'm not up that late much anymore, either! Damn getting old! :lol:

Yeah now instead of going off the air they run ads for Girls Gone Wild.
            System
            79987 Posts
            16 years, 8 months ago
            Mystie
            davedirt01

Yeah now instead of going off the air they run ads for Girls Gone Wild.

Well in my opinion that is a lot better trade up :lol:
              System
              79987 Posts
              16 years, 8 months ago
              Yeah
              for the most part
              infomercials and just some random sitcoms or TV shows have replaced a channel going off the air for a night.
                ataristic
                493 Posts
                16 years, 8 months ago
                some stations still have it , here in houston, the pbs station and some off the spanish stations still have the anthem and the test pattern at the end.
                  An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss