nippythefish
2694 Posts
16 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys, maybe you could help me out with two movies that are stuck in the recesses of my mind, but I've heard nothing of either since the first/last time I saw them. Both are sort of sci-fi/horror. The first is about some evil guy or corporation that builds small robots that kill people. I distinctly remember a scene where someone is hiding in a restroom stall and a robot spider nails them with a needle full of poison. The second movie was about this group of people who found out you can drain the life essence of other people, and it makes you live longer. They end up wiping out most of the life on the planet. The end scene of the movie is the last two adults (a man and a woman, of course) and I think a couple kids, and they're walking down a street that's completely dead, giving you the sense that it's Adam and Eve all over again. Anyway, if any of you could help me out, it'll remove a mental splinter that's been long buried.
    System
    79987 Posts
    16 years, 8 months ago
    I'm not sure about your life essence movie, but Runaway is a classic where I come from! It came out about '84 or '85. See if this jars your memory...Gene Simmons from KISS yelling Ramsay! The movie's about a cop in a semi-futuristic world where robots are utilized to much greater potential. His job is to track down and retrieve, repair, or destroy the ones that get ornery. Written/Directed by Michael Crichton, with Tom Selleck as Ramsay! Kirstie Alley's in it too.

455 Posts
      16 years, 8 months ago
      HAHA!!!! i remember that tom selleck movie, i used to love it when i was growin up. i remember seeing it on cable sometime within the past 6 or 7 years.
        nippythefish
        2694 Posts
        16 years, 8 months ago
        Well, back then I didn't even know who Gene Simmons was (parents sheltered me from any good music, the bastards)...so, no. That's not ringing any bells.
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 8 months ago
          I know that's the movie you're talking about, just the same. The robot spiders squirted acid, though. The last scene has Tom on a construction elevator out in the open (so he could overcome the bad guy as well as his fear of heights). You should rent it if you're feeling nostalgic. It's actually not that bad.

16 years, 8 months ago
            Yeah, I googled it and you're right. That's the movie. Thanks a bundle, there. Here's an image I found...looks like the sleeve for the soundtrack:

http://plissken.free.fr/Covers/R/Runaway%20bck.jpg

Thanks again...oh, and if anyone could figure out the other movie for me...that would be ultrabitchin.
              nippythefish
              2694 Posts
              16 years, 8 months ago
              Scratch that, I found it myself. The movie is called 'Lifeforce' (go figure) and came out in 1985. I forgot to mention all the unnecessary nudity associated with it, which helped identify it on fast-rewind.com. I highly recommend it for that reason.
                An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss