Brodie_Banks
343 Posts
16 years, 8 months ago
WHo else loved this move as a kid! I watched it today and I thought it was still awsome, except they had this annoying Pan scan thing going on in the screen. Go figure...
Climb the rope Charles! Climb the rope!
    nippythefish
    2694 Posts
    16 years, 8 months ago
    About the time this movie came out, I was already sick of the Governator's brand of flick. The little comic-y twist didn't improve matters, and I could have done without.
      System
      79987 Posts
      16 years, 8 months ago
      Im a big Schwartzenegger fan, almost all of his 80s movies and some 90s ones. This movie though is definitely not one of my favorites. I didnt think it was terrible but I probably wouldnt watch it again.
        MattNash
        4135 Posts
        16 years, 8 months ago
        Brodie_Banks
        WHo else loved this move as a kid! I watched it today and I thought it was still awsome, except they had this annoying Pan scan thing going on in the screen. Go figure...

I too absoltutely loved this movie, I saw it about three times in the theatres when it came out and never understood why people hated it so much. Arnold was an over the top badass; the villains were cool, especially Benedict; and the story was unique and clever. I then saw it the other night on HBO, and, even though I still enjoyed it, I can now understand why people didn't like it. It took too long to get started, there were many scenes that could have edited out in the beginning (like that aweful scene where the kid get robbed in his apartment) and the movie would have been just fine without it. They also could have gotten a less annoying kid to play the lead, and I think it should have been somebody other than Arnold playing Jack, he was above playing screwball action comedies at that point in his career. Other than that, it was a pretty entertaining movie that brought back fond memories. I still love the soundtrack. HEAVY METAL RULZ!
          saygen
          104 Posts
          16 years, 8 months ago
          I saw this movie about twice. The first time must have been when I was like 12 and then the second time like a month ago you get the pattern. this means its not really one of those movies that I would watch every day or even once a year
            Predaking
            920 Posts
            16 years, 8 months ago
            I agree, this movie is seriously underated, it was a fun straight forward action flick. This ranks as one of my favorite Arnold movies, next to T1/T2 and True Lies.
              sublimej311
              42 Posts
              16 years, 8 months ago
              This movie got in my collection somehow. I think a friend gave it to me long time ago, I just remember that I hated it alot. True lies,T2, Kindergarten Cop and Jingle all the Way rock though.
                System
                79987 Posts
                16 years, 7 months ago
                This movie got such a bad rap when it came out. Just about everyone I knew literally hated it. But after sitting through it in the theater, I couldn't figure out what the big deal was...it's just another Arnie flick. He's made much better films, yes. But he's also made much worse.
                  DieYuppieScum
                  862 Posts
                  16 years, 7 months ago
                  Even as a child I knew that this movie was poking fun at it's own action style genre, what made it better is they turned the world the Cop lived in to some alternate type of L.A.. I loved seeing the weird version of the La Brea Tar pits have Dinosaur statues instead of Mammoths and their version of the then Ritzy Beverly Hills and even when they did mundane things like walk in to an alternate version of Blockbuster and see an add of Terminator 2 with Sylvester Stalone as the droid instead of Arnold etc etc. It was one big satire and Iam supprised I even got it at the age that I did.
                    Badkitty
                    912 Posts
                    16 years, 7 months ago
                    For me the Last Action Hero was the start of long line of bad Arnie movies. While this wasn't the worst of the bunch, I give that award to Batman & Robin, I still could've done without it. To me it was justa waste of 2 hours.
                    I don't know about you, Miss Kitty, but I feel so much... yummier
                      An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss