System
79987 Posts
16 years, 7 months ago
Since Halloween i around the corner, and since i love the genre, here are my top 43 faves of the genre!

1. Psycho ( 1960).
2. The Shining.
3. The Exorcist.
4. Night of the Living Dead ( 1968).
5. Dawn of the Dead ( 1978).
6. Evil Dead 1 & 2.
7. Re-Animator.
8. Demons.
9. Dead Alive ( a.k.a. Braindead).
10. From Dusk Till Dawn.
11. Dracula ( 1931).
12. Frankenstein ( 1931).
13. Day of the Dead.
14. Zombie.
15. City of the Living Dead ( a.k.a. Gates of Hell).
16. Vampire Hunter D ( 1985).
17. House By The Cemetery.
18. Maniac (1980).
19. Scream.
20. Halloween 1 & 2.
21. Hellraiser 1 & 2.
22. The Others.
23. The Beyond.
24. American Werewolf in London.
25. Suspiria.
26. Tenebre.
27. Inferno.
28. Perfect Blue.
29. Poltergeist.
30. Se7en.
31. Silence of the Lambs.
32. Land of the Dead.
33. Nightmare City ( a.k.a. City of the Walking Dead). ( A must see movie! this was the movie that had the first running zombies on film before today's zombies)
34. Dawn of the Dead ( 2004).
35. Friday The 13th parts 1, 3, 4, and Jason Lives.
36. Nightmare on Elm Street 1 & 3.
37. Freddy Vs. Jason.
38. Interview with the Vampire.
39. The Ring ( 2002).
40. Jaws.
41. Scanners.
42. Saw.
43. Urban Legend.
44. The Wolf Man.
45. Blade 1 & 2.
46. Return of the Living Dead 1 & 3.
47. Cannibal Holocaust.

All must see movies if your into the genre or on what to do rent on halloween month!
    punky
    441 Posts
    16 years, 7 months ago
    I like a lot of those movies too. There are SO many horror movies that I watched as a child that scared the hell out of me. I haven't seen any of them since and often wonder if they'd still have the same effect on me!
      MattNash
      4135 Posts
      16 years, 7 months ago
      Hey, you forgot Showgirls :wink:
        punky
        441 Posts
        16 years, 7 months ago
        I like a lot of those movies too. There are SO many horror movies that I watched as a child that scared the hell out of me. I haven't seen any of them since and often wonder if they'd still have the same effect on me!
          16 years, 7 months ago
          I wanna see Zombie really bad. Is it really that good?

My fave horror movies:
          Night of the Living Dead (968)
          Night of the Living Dead (1990)
          Dawn of the Dead (1978)
          Day of the Dead
          Return fo the Living Dead
          The Exorcist
          Hellraiser 1 & 2
          The Fly 1 & 2
          Nightmare On Elm Street 1-3
          Friday the 13th 1-3 & 7
          Silence of the Lambs
          Poltergeist 1-3
          Halloween 1 & 2
          Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
          The Evil Dead
          Get your favorite 80's TV shows on DVD! Register for free at www.tvshowsondvd.com
            System
            79987 Posts
            16 years, 7 months ago
            Yes it is, Zombie is worth watching and i also recommend "Re-Animator", " Dead Alive", "Maniac ( 1980)", " Scanners", " Demons", " Suspiria", "Tenebre", Dario Argento's movies, "Nightmare City" ( a.k.a. City of the Walking Dead", "Vampire Hunter D", "Perfect Blue", " " "City of the Living Dead", "The Beyond", "House By The Cemetery", " Saw", "Se7en", " and "Cannibal Holocaust".

Be warned, "Cannibal Holocaust" is a preety extremely violent, realistic, gory and sleazy but it was the movie that inspired "The Blair Witch Project" with the same idea of filmmakers trying to find lost footage in a forest except in this movie it has New York documentary filmmakers going into the South American jungles and meeting up with some cannibal tribe members. There is of course scenes of brutal violence like impalement, castration, actual animals getting butchered such as a turtle getting ripped open to be prepared as a cannibal tribal man's dinner, cannibalism, rape, gouging and sleaze abound. It's a hard to watch but very rewarding horror movie experience not for the faint of heart, if you can handle it and it's coming to DVD on October 25th.
              16 years, 7 months ago
              I'll definitely have to check it out then, and the other ones you've mentioned as well :) Though I think I'll pass on Cannibal Holocaust. The plot sounds interesting but the actual killing of animals is not cool.
              Get your favorite 80's TV shows on DVD! Register for free at www.tvshowsondvd.com
                System
                79987 Posts
                16 years, 7 months ago
                Well you can just get pass the animal killing in the movie and just enjoy the film, it's kind of like "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" meets "Blair Witch" and 'Dawn of the Dead".

And are you an animal rights person,a PETA member or Vegetarian?
                  16 years, 7 months ago
                  Johnlindsey289
                  And are you an animal rights person,a PETA member or Vegetarian?

Oh no, none of those. It's just that knowing that they were actually killed to make the movie just makes me uneasy. If no living beings were actually being hurt and it was just special effects it wouldn't bother me because it wouldn't have been real. Believe me, I wasn't trying to start anything. I was just basically saying that I'm a bit uneasy about that bit of knowledge of the movie. I'm not coming down on anybody who isn't bothered by it. People have the right to their opinions :)
                    An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss