System
79987 Posts
16 years, 7 months ago
Anyone remember the old school show, You Can't Do That on Television? It was one of the best shows ever and it's not on DVD. However, there is a website we can go to help push the DVD along, TVShowsonDVD.com if they get enough people asking about it they will release the DVD. So if anyone is interested please bug them about it!!
    Mystie
    1132 Posts
    16 years, 7 months ago
    MFernandez
    Anyone remember the old school show, You Can't Do That on Television? It was one of the best shows ever and it's not on DVD. However, there is a website we can go to help push the DVD along, TVShowsonDVD.com if they get enough people asking about it they will release the DVD. So if anyone is interested please bug them about it!!

Yeah, by the looks of the commercials, it looks like YCDTOTV is going to be featured on the next "VH1's I Love the 80s." Does Nickelodeon still own the rights to it? If so, they should add it to the Rewind Collection.
      16 years, 7 months ago
      Wait, hold on now.

TVShowsOnDVD.com is a website independent of any production company. They cannot "release" anything - the site is used to show what titles are in demand.

I'd suggest looking through YCDTOTV.com (unofficial website) as it explains why any future DVD releases of You Can't Do That On Television are unlikely.
        16 years, 7 months ago
        Mystie
        MFernandez

Yeah, by the looks of the commercials, it looks like YCDTOTV is going to be featured on the next "VH1's I Love the 80s." Does Nickelodeon still own the rights to it? If so, they should add it to the Rewind Collection.

CJOH in Canada owns the rights to the show. Nickelodeon bought the rights to about 5 episodes back in 1999 for their 20th Anniversary marathon.

They still own the rights to those episodes, with 2 airing last year as part of their 25th anniversary.

But as far as a DVD release is concerned, there would be quite a few legal issues to straighten out before it would happen.

But never say never.
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 7 months ago
          My sister hated that show but Im thought it was pretty funny.
            Kray
            865 Posts
            16 years, 7 months ago
            There's already several threads about this one go ahead and check those out. But don't make new threads about them unless they've got something the others don't.

http://www.retrojunk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=266&highlight=television
              An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss