System
79987 Posts
16 years, 7 months ago
Ok this is all I can remember.

The movie starts out showing this young boy who may be british (I think he has an accent).

I believe one morning he is suppose to go to school but instead a doorway or passage to a cartoon world appears in his bedroom. It goes from real people to an animated movie when the boy passes throught the doorway.

While in the animated world I think he tries to get home but encounters many interesting characters along the way. One of them is a scientist/chemist whose lab is inside a small house, almost like a trailer.

I also remember some kind of robot chases him throughout the cartoon world.

The movie has lots of songs in it.

Thats about all I can remembe.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
    Badkitty
    912 Posts
    16 years, 7 months ago
    I may be wrong on this but the movie you are describing sounds alot like the Phantom tollbooth. I don't remember if the kid had an accent or not but the rest is familier. It starts live action, a tollbooth appears in his room and he turns into a cartoon as he goes through. He is constantly chased by a robot looking cop that shouts "guilty" and there was a scientist type character.
    I don't know about you, Miss Kitty, but I feel so much... yummier
      nippythefish
      2694 Posts
      16 years, 7 months ago
      Badkitty
      I may be wrong on this but the movie you are describing sounds alot like the Phantom tollbooth. I don't remember if the kid had an accent or not but the rest is familier. It starts live action, a tollbooth appears in his room and he turns into a cartoon as he goes through. He is constantly chased by a robot looking cop that shouts "guilty" and there was a scientist type character.

Just to add, the Phantom Tollbooth is obsessed with time, and one of the characters is called the 'watchdog'.
        System
        79987 Posts
        16 years, 7 months ago
        Thank you so much BadKitty. That's it. Wow I can't believe it is from the 70's, I thought more 80's.

Thanks again. Now I can sleep at night :)

This site rules
          Badkitty
          912 Posts
          16 years, 7 months ago
          I always thought it was from the 80's too and was really surprised to find it was made in 1970. I recall seeing it several times on tv during the 80's and Cartoon Network played it all the time when in first came on air in 1992.
          I don't know about you, Miss Kitty, but I feel so much... yummier
            An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss