System
79987 Posts
16 years, 7 months ago
does anyone remember pete&pete?? i was just at my friends house earlier and she had a pete&pete poster up and all the memories of that damn show came flooding back. especially the episode where they sit at the stoplight for hours, all day i guess, because the lights were messed up and he didnt know when to go although there were no cars coming. ahh.. so weird. let me know..
    System
    79987 Posts
    16 years, 7 months ago
    One of my favorite shows, recently they released the first season on DVD but your better off buying the unofficial dvd set with all episodes off of ebay. Thats what I did. Also check out the Polaris cd "Songs from the adventures of pete & pete". Its pretty good.
      System
      79987 Posts
      16 years, 7 months ago
      A really weird show for kids but this is the network that marketed the highly enjoyable, but honestly twisted "Ren & Stimpy" to kids.
      Big fan of both shows, honestly can you think of another show with an underage kid with a bitchin forearm tattoo?
      Dance Petunia Dance!
        System
        79987 Posts
        16 years, 7 months ago
        Sick_Andy
        A really weird show for kids but this is the network that marketed the highly enjoyable, but honestly twisted "Ren & Stimpy" to kids.

I miss that network. R.I.P. Nickelodeon when it was cool.

Anyway, yeah, there were lots of things to appreciate from Pete & Pete: the non-conventional endings, all the cutely bizarre elements of the show like the metal plate in the mom's head, and Artie's fight with the bowling ball in the opening credits...
        By the way, why did Artie have to leave? It made me sad when he left the show.

One of the episodes that sticks out most in my mind is the one of Inspector 34. He made that cool bone sculpture out of chicken bones that the dad became obsessed over.
        Oh, and there was this episode where the older Pete needed to study for an exam on the American Revolution, and there was this business with a clock in his textbook, and the janitor and the "shine," and a roadmap of Iowa on the veins of the teacher's legs...I need to watch it again to make sense of it all!

I remember recently seeing the older Pete with some freaky alternative hairdo in some commercial about online investing or something. What's become of him?
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 7 months ago
          evilbarney
          ...but your better off buying the unofficial dvd set with all episodes off of ebay. Thats what I did.

Out of curiosity, why is the unofficial set better?
            Cyber_Bishop
            2440 Posts
            16 years, 7 months ago
            venison
            I miss that network. R.I.P. Nickelodeon when it was cool.

Yes indeed.. I never watched Pete & Pete though..

YCDTOTV was my all time fav Nick show...
            Ker click... Choom..
              System
              79987 Posts
              16 years, 7 months ago
              for some reason i always thought that show was stupid...
              Like really really STUPID!!!!!!!

i was never sure why so many people liked it. Some of the episodes were kinda lame.

i remeber the one were they were swiming and he was trying to catch the guy who kept peeing in the pool so he put in some powder called Pee See and it was the life guard who kept taking a wiz in the pool haha
                sublimej311
                42 Posts
                16 years, 7 months ago
                The episodes where so crazy like the orange julius brain freeze one, and the phone both that kept ringing. That was a great show. I remember little pete dug his way out of the house for the forth of july and I think one about riding a lawn mower or something. oh and flash light tag maybe ?? Artie was such a hyper-hypo.
                  System
                  79987 Posts
                  16 years, 7 months ago
                  I am Artie... the strongest man <dramatic pause> IN THE WORLD!!!
                  That actor is awesome. He was in an episode of Seinfeld as the guy with the great eyes that turned out to be "The Wiz".
                  Remember how Artie could be summoned by letting air out of a tire?
                  What was the name of the girl on that show? I remember one episode where she freaked out their math teacher by asking "Why?" all the time and she had a "Y" hat made. I remember when older Pete made cards with conversation starters on them to talk to his dad while they were in the car.
                  Didn't Pete and Pete start out as a series of shorts on Nick? Maybe I'm crazy... I vaguely remember that though...
                    CheezNapkin
                    559 Posts
                    16 years, 7 months ago
                    pumpkinhed
                    Didn't Pete and Pete start out as a series of shorts on Nick? Maybe I'm crazy... I vaguely remember that though...

Yeah it did. They had a bunch of shorts, then some "Specials" which were like the pilot episodes. And then the show started.
                      Predaking
                      920 Posts
                      16 years, 7 months ago
                      Ni ni ni nick nick nick nick nick, nickelodeon!

You can't do that on television was funny, oh classic Nick, where are you?
                        Cyber_Bishop
                        2440 Posts
                        16 years, 7 months ago
                        Predaking

Hey! You and I both commented about YCDTOTV!! I wish they would release eposides on DVD..
                        Ker click... Choom..
                          System
                          79987 Posts
                          16 years, 7 months ago
                          pumpkinhed
                          I am Artie... the strongest man <dramatic pause> IN THE WORLD!!!
                          That actor is awesome. He was in an episode of Seinfeld as the guy with the great eyes that turned out to be "The Wiz".

He's also been playing the character "Big Mike" on Reno 911.
                            System
                            79987 Posts
                            16 years, 7 months ago
                            I admit when it first came on I thought it was kinda stupid too, but after a watching a few I was totaly in love with the show!! :D
                              Soulbrutha34
                              516 Posts
                              16 years, 7 months ago
                              this website has an episode. go to www.turbonick.com then click on nick rewind. it should be there.
                                Predaking
                                920 Posts
                                16 years, 7 months ago
                                Cyber_Bishop
                                Predaking

Hey! You and I both commented about YCDTOTV!! I wish they would release eposides on DVD..

Hehe, I was actually responding to your post, but yea, good show! There were soooo many during those days...*sigh* wish Nic was back to simple but fun shows nowadays.
                                  Cybertooth85
                                  76 Posts
                                  16 years, 7 months ago
                                  venison
                                  By the way, why did Artie have to leave?

No reason, really. He just said Little Pete had grown up enough, he didn't need Artie anymore. "Time for me to go. There's a whole world of Little Vikings out there, who need me." So...Artie's a pedophile? Yeah, he didn't really make sense, but whatever. Go and help the children Michael--I mean Artie.

pumpkinhed
                                  Remember how Artie could be summoned by letting air out of a tire?
                                  What was the name of the girl on that show? I remember one episode where she freaked out their math teacher by asking "Why?" all the time and she had a "Y" hat made.

That would be Ellen, Big Pete's Girl Friend, but not his girlfriend.
                                  "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the good deeds along with the ill, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence."
                                    eep
                                    735 Posts
                                    16 years, 6 months ago
                                    i cant WAIT until second season is on dvd. oh yeah!
                                      System
                                      79987 Posts
                                      16 years, 6 months ago
                                      By the way, why did Artie have to leave?

If I remember correctly, he also left because he wasn't invincible. He was defeated by The Evil Bowling Ball. But yeah, he mainly left because little Pete didn't need him anymore. I'll never forget that episode. "Farewell, my little viking."
                                        eep
                                        735 Posts
                                        16 years, 6 months ago
                                        no you freak head, him and the evil bowling ball had a truce you freak, and he rolled it down the street at the end of the show to stop it from it's evil ways. bastard.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss