89 Posts
16 years, 7 months ago
The earliest ones I can remember come from 82 or 83. First costume I wore was a bat cape, and black pants and top. The cape designed to look like bat wings even though it was fabric. As soon as i got outside, I remember running around, jumping in the air, and thinking I would be able to glide.

Next year, my parents bought a full body costume-you know, the ones you could buy in the grocery store with the cheap plastic mask that had the flimsy rubber band. my costume was a skeleton. i thought it was pretty cool.

i remember the first time i had a real mask. no more of the cheap plastic that would get full of hot air, spit, and snot (if it was cold outside that night). my crappy mask had lights on the top. i didnt know what it was suppose to be so i said i was a gremlin. looking back, i was nowhere close. i was just excited to have a mask with lights.

i guess the important part, costume or not, was the candy. i would save the big bars till the end of the candy line and eat the crappy candy first. you had to be careful not to eat all the good stuff so soon. rationing was the key.
    System
    79987 Posts
    16 years, 7 months ago
    I remember I was Yoda with a plastic mask around '83. I just wore the Mask with plain clothes.
      System
      79987 Posts
      16 years, 7 months ago
      I was an adorable strawberry in preschool. I think me and my siblings have all been either a vegetable or fruit for Halloween.

The only costume I never got to wear was my tinkerbell costume. I was struck down with Scarlett Fever and missed halloween, Talk about one pissed seven year old :x
        DieYuppieScum
        862 Posts
        16 years, 7 months ago
        My first Costume I can ever remember was being a kangaroo and to this day I still think thay rock, I have also been G.I. JOE, Spiderman, The Flash, Scorpion from Mortal Kobat (that was my favorite), the wolfman, a Goblin weilding a huge fucking Axe, Alex from A clockwork Orange (before it was obsessed by every damn 14 yearold), and some others I cant think of at the moment.
          Mystie
          1132 Posts
          16 years, 7 months ago
          I had one of those boxed She-Ra costumes with the mask and plastic smock.
            System
            79987 Posts
            16 years, 7 months ago
            the ones i remember the most was batman
            and a clown

and i HATE CLOWNS....
              True
              391 Posts
              16 years, 7 months ago
              I visited my cousins in California when I was 7 an it was around Halloween. They had a party and my mom bought me the Max Headroom costume.

The earliest costume I remember having was when I was about 5 and me and my cousin dress at the WWF team DEMOLITION!!
                System
                79987 Posts
                16 years, 6 months ago
                The earliest costume I remember was when I was three, I was a boring ol' clown. After that I was a girly-girl for a few years and was an angel, a fairy, a princess, etc.
                  Cybertooth85
                  76 Posts
                  16 years, 6 months ago
                  I was the cutest wittle devil anyone had ever seen (literally). Thank god the 80s were almost over when I started trick-or-treating.
                  "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the good deeds along with the ill, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence."
                    ataristic
                    493 Posts
                    16 years, 6 months ago
                    i never had a proper store bougth costume so i always wore crap my mom would put together, so would most the other kids on the block so i dont feel too sore about it
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      15 years, 8 months ago
                      The only store bought castume I can ever remember waring was when I was four I was Earny from Seasme Street. Other then that I was a lepard, a farie, a clown, a nurse, Mortisha from the Adams family. a ghost baseball player from the Field of Dreams, a scarecrow, a fifties sock-hop girl, Wilda from Wheres Waldo, a hippie that's all I can remember. Every one of those was homemade except for Earnie and the Hippie.
                        Cdokes1
                        1032 Posts
                        15 years, 8 months ago
                        The first one I had was a Pac-Man one when I was 5yrs old
                          Yammez
                          63 Posts
                          15 years, 8 months ago
                          i don't remember any costumes as a kid, but i do remember wearing an 80's costume to a halloween party last year! i was bill s. preston, esquire, and my friend was ted "theodore" logan. it was a most triumphant party :)
                            hsmith98
                            3097 Posts
                            15 years, 8 months ago
                            A black cat. I was it for a few years. I hated pink, and did not want to be anything scary. So a black cat. Funny thing is I do not like cats.
                              kennerfan
                              487 Posts
                              15 years, 8 months ago
                              i had the store bought vader in '81 or '82 it was alway something star wars...flimsy mask, plastic smock with a picture of the carachter on it.

no time for love doctor jones
                                System
                                79987 Posts
                                15 years, 8 months ago
                                my first halloween i went as a bunch of grapes....thanks mom.....green sweat suite with purple balloons stappled all over them, kids thought it a scream to pop them. also been peter pan, patch and lucky from 101 dalmations, classic black cat, an accident victim, a tiger tamer that was the coolest one my face was completley painted in orange and black tiger stripes, a mardi gras princess, and i think that was it, my last few halloweens have been costumeless do to plans falling through *shrug* though watching RHPS and the original poltergiest and omen series for the past few years hasn't been a bad tradition.
                                  Outsider
                                  374 Posts
                                  15 years, 8 months ago
                                  I remember going as a clown, a punkrocker, and batman (though I think I called myself batgirl) in the 80s. Can't remember the rest. In the early 90s, during the time of the troll doll fad, me and my friend went as a married troll couple. I found the mask a while back and put it on - my dog got so freaked out.
                                    jemgirl86
                                    623 Posts
                                    15 years, 8 months ago
                                    I was minnie mouse in the 80s, I was really little. It was one of those ones w/ the plastic dress, and it had a picture of minnie dressed in 80s clothes on it. It was around the time the disney special "totally minnie" came out. 1988 I think....
                                    *That's it! I'm so gonna be like Angela Bower...except with better clothes.*

http://jemgirl.wordpress.com
                                      An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss