pikachulover
2944 Posts
16 years, 6 months ago
Is it just me or are they marketing toys that were once for older kids to little kids (pre-k). I was looking in the Toys R Us book and they have the new Puppy Suprise and the Care Bears on the toddler page. I was all WTF?!
    BlueRain
    311 Posts
    16 years, 6 months ago
    Hmmm I'm not quite sure. but I did get the feeling that it might be younder kids buying these toys today compared to the 80's.

Didn't Toy'r'Us say they were going to close many of their stores? Supposedly kids are drifting towards video games more than traditional toys. But what about girls?
      System
      79987 Posts
      16 years, 6 months ago
      It's becase kids are growing up so much faster these days my 12 year old cousin is worried about boys, dances, driving, clothes and...well boys. When I was 12 I liked to ride my bike, play nintendo, pogo ball, Maple Town, watch cartoons...times have changed seems toys are for tots :(
        Sunriser
        3802 Posts
        16 years, 6 months ago
        You know, someone mentioned this on another site just the other day. They were talking about the new My Little Ponies they had bought and some of the "teeny boppers" (if you'll excuse the expression) said stuff like, "That stuff's for Kindergarteners!"

Weird... I guess you have to be either 16+ or 5 and under to enjoy the stuff now. But hopefully once those tots get older they'll start marketing them to older kids... if they can put down their Playstations.

OR MAYBE... They're marketing that stuff towards the toddlers of the new parents that enjoyed those toys growing up. Either way, it's out there again and I think we should be happy to have them. I certainly wouldn't feel ashamed to walk into the Playskool section and buy some.

I guess childhood is growing shorter as adolescence is growing longer (on both ends.) :roll:
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 6 months ago
          I still have one of my care bear stuffed animals! I also have the movie. The first one... I think that stuff is way cooler than Spongebob square pants and Dora the Explorer. I grew up with better stuff back then, i think.
            An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss